amazon.de/Sony-KD-43XE7005-Fernseher-Dynamic-Smart-TV/dp/B071YPLRCT
amazon.de/Philips-49PUS6561-Zoll-Display-LCD-Fernseher/dp/B01DF1ZRGW
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pre 2000s CRT or get the fuck off my Sup Forums

I got a nice 43" LG smart tv on sale at frys electronics for 350
the apps arent laggy as fuck like other models
picture is 10/10

I'm considering LG
What version of WebOS does it have? 3.5?
I hear 3.0 is slow

i dunno dude i dont really worry about the details
i wanted a new tv for 5 months and i read reviews and ads every day. frys has the best prices when you use a coupon in my area. i read lg always had the best picture. i didn't really need the smart tv as i had an xbox 360 at the time. ended up loving it as i could also stream my galaxy s6 to it. perfect. sold the xbox too haha

also to add all the tv OS are slow. my lg was fast when i first had it now its kinda slow. but my friends samsung he has 2 smart tv different models, one is 4k, and they are VERY slow. sometimes it takes 2 seconds in between button presses.

Own an old plasma Philips. Good colours but everything else sucks.

Need to get a decent TV this year.

Budget is about 750 bucks. Was thinking of a 49'' model of this Sony

amazon.de/Sony-KD-43XE7005-Fernseher-Dynamic-Smart-TV/dp/B071YPLRCT

or this Philips

amazon.de/Philips-49PUS6561-Zoll-Display-LCD-Fernseher/dp/B01DF1ZRGW

These are the models that stood out to me when I saw them in the shop.

Btw, never do the mistake of buying online or based on stats only. Most of the TVs I saw in the brick&mortar shop had shit brightness and washed out colours when you watched them from a side.

Best way to choose a TV is to compare stats, but also compare how they stack up in real life, by testing them.

Some sansui 52" LED TV I got for $99 on a black Friday sale a few years back.

For the price, I would absolutely do it again. I regret not getting family members to go with me to circumvent the "limit 1" rule they had because I recently hooked my desktop up to it for shits and grins and there was no noticeable delay, not even while gaymen. Would love to have 2x52" 1080p displays as my monitors. Probably put one in portrait for web browsing, books, IDEs, etc.

Explain this meem.

Some random non-iot 1080p TV from circa 2007.
Wouldn't buy again as the screen got a nasty shade as soon as the warranty expired.

some ~35" 1080p JVC I bought at Costco for less than $300. been thinking about upgrading to a 4K but haven't really done any research nor do I really care. it works for playing video games and watching netflix.

I unironically don't own a TV

I have a 58" Vizio 4k TV in my bedroom, some E series or some shit, and a 50" 1080p one in my living room, D series or some shit
Both Smart TVs (still use a Chromecast though), both hooked up to PS4s, and both hooked up to Vizio 5.1ch Bluetooth Surround Sound, going through optical cables
Not a brand loyalist or anything, I got them cheap on OfferUp used. All of it cost less than $1000. Except the PS4s. Those were like $150 for the normal one and $300 for the Pro one

Some Sony trinitron widescreen CRT. Forgot the model, but blows the fuck out of whatever slow botnet-enabled TVs they sell these days. Using a Panasonic DVD recorder for analog downconversion, plus I can record, pause, and rewind live TV. For "smart" functionality I have a chromecast.

36" Panasonic CRT. Picture is darker than it should be but gotta love basking in those xrays.

55 inch 2014 year samsung

its full of dark blotches -> never again samsung

A shitty old Samsung, on of their early LCD panels.

>he owns a t.v
loser you spend all your day jerking off to lolis, the fuck do you need a t.v for?

>but everything else sucks.
>shit refresh rates
wait no that's lcds
>shit input lag
oh fuck that's lcds
>shit response times
fuck again, that's lcds
>terrible color reproduction
oops that's lcds
>the worst fucking viewing angles of any display tech ever produced
fuck that's lcd only problem again..

uh,

they..
uhh
pdp has image retention!
oh wait that's really a non issue with non aids models...

yeah plasmas really do suck at everything, huh.

All smart TV's I've seen have been laggy with not really needed aps, I will look into this one

Well I have a crap, cheap plasma, old as fuck. The panel has ample dark spots and areas, it looks like it's wrinkled all over the place.

It really doesn't have anything good anymore except decent colours. I wasn't talking specifically about plasma as a technology, only about this old model I still have.