Times you listened to Sup Forums and it backfired on you?

Times you listened to Sup Forums and it backfired on you?

inb4
>listening to Sup Forums
We all know there's plenty of brain dead retards that have blindly walked into listening to Sup Forums

Never. I only meme, I don't fall for the meme.

>bought 80 dollar lenovo laptop from ebay
>installed ubuntu on it
>everything jus werks
>browse internet fine
>watch videos fine
>everything works fine
Wait, wrong thread

Linux as a whole, chinkshit, the botnet meme
Linux is shit, none of the chinkshit is worth its money, half the stuff labeled as botnet don't harm you nor really collect anything

>Bought an iPhone
>it constantly overheated and thermal throttled + iTunes worked 50% of the time when it felt like
"optimized" my ass

>half the stuff labeled as botnet don't harm you nor really collect anything
Nice try CIA nigger

Never, but that's because I never really asked for advice from Sup Forums? I will say that contrary to the advice of my high school friends, learning C from YouTube videos using BloodShed Dev-C++ is NOT the way to start programming.

Brave is shit on both desktop and mobile

was a notebook fag
watched guts threads instead of pc-buildin one
bought and assembled amd a8 7600 based pc with transparent wall on case, alot of leds, radiators on ram
later installed non-ti gtx1050 and windows
two weeks ago psu exploded
Sup Forums literaly backfired at me

blodshed dev c ide have inbuild c tutorial

What PSU did you even use?

I unironically fell for the gentoo meme
Spent the entire first 2 days trying to fix some tty error during setup

I bought an AMD product once. It was hot, loud and unstable. Returned it and have never made that mistake again.

I bought a thinkpad because of Sup Forums, was a bit overpriced, buyers remorse pretty much. Could've probably gotten a laptop with better specs if i actually tried.

Now 8 years later i still use it, it still runs things smooth, meanwhile my friends changed theirs two or three times because breakage, lag, etc.

was it r9 290

hahaha bitcoin more like buttcoin amirite?

what is these "amririte" you faqs are always talking about. Always this queer gibberisch ...

I installed Debian on a Thinkpad. Wifi never worked Network connection constantly cut out, even on wire. And it was slow as fuck.

>Buy Thinkpad for university.
>Install Ubuntu.
>works

>this double-bait
>either turbo-newfag or master shitposter
Going to say this is bait to be safe.

i listened to Sup Forumsesus's advice and downloaded linux. Uninstalled within an hour. turns out it was meme fueled by a bunch of anti microsoft shills

>inb4 droves of shills spew their lies to convince other shills that shilling is effective
fuckoff and die, pay for a fucking banner advertisement and stop spamming/ruining this goddanm place already

>he doesn't realize how it affects him, it must not be harming him
>he doesn't realize identity theft is rising at alarming rates
>he doesn't realize all these corporations getting hacked is primarily because of botnets
>he doesn't realize places being DDoSd are because of botnets
wew lad, you sure are fucking stupid.

Sup Forums never failed on me.
You guys are more valuable than most people.

Stop buying advance PSU.

You get what you pay for user, buying a psu is not something you should overlook.

ethereum

I have an iphone myself. It works great, only thing I hate is itunes which I can use the phone fine without it

Chromebooks but it wasn't really Sup Forums's fault.
I didn't try Linux for it since W7 is my comfy place in the PC world :^)

so many stupid fucking morons browse Sup Forums at my somewhat respected American university and I'm sick of having to defuse their misinformed opinions. fuck you all for manufacturing annoying bastards I have to deal with.

>listen to Sup Forums memes telling me not to listen to Sup Forums
>life is full of problems
>finally decide to listen to Sup Forums
>x200 thinkpad, gentoo GNU+Linux. Removed windows on all devices
>/comfy/, no problems
who else fell for the ">listening to Sup Forums" meme

Bought a thinkpad back in 2009.

Within 2 months the USB port had a short and the motherboard fried. Had a hard time convincing Lenovo I wasn't an idiot jamming in USB cords the wrong way.
Got it repaired, had it another two months, accidentally fell off my bed ~2ft onto the floor and HDD crashed.

pic very much related

>accidentally fell off my bed ~2ft onto the floor and HDD crashed.
to be fair this is/was a very common problem for all laptops to the point where shock resistance was trying to be implemented into the hdds/controllers themselves, but you can only do so much when you have moving parts

now you know why laptop manufactures were keen to ditch hdds in favour of ssds as soon as they could

I didn't but there's plenty of awful advice and shilling on Sup Forums, thinkpads are definitely one of the exceptions given that their whole selling point is that they are extremely affordable for what the offer and how /comfy/ they tend to be

good goy goood
my lard you shitfuckers couldn't be any worse. no lulz, just a bunch of faggot advertisers on here. how fucking depressing

>try to read SICP
>tfw brainlet
>get bored in 1.5 hours tops

literally the only thing I can think of.

>some stupid ryzen crap
>high freq ram speed
>gentoo
>mech keyboard
i am now deep in debt and i still cant get 240 fps on ultra on my 144 hz 4k monitor

Isn't it the median person to have half stupider?
Science rekt

i've tried to stay away from Sup Forums's advice and it's treated me pretty well. that being said sometimes i've asked for their recommendation and it hasn't been so solid

>new build wasn't posting because of CPU errors
they said to RMA the CPU. so i tore it apart, reseated the CPU and the cooler, and it booted up on the first try

>Intel chips are a housefire
my 6700k is maxed out and it barely goes over 65c

>don't buy LED RAM
now it's my favorite part of the build

>a 280mm AIO is dumb
but my temps are awesome, and i can pump voltage without any issues

the problem with a lot of posts on Sup Forums is that it's some guys who don't want to see the 'gamer' market succeed, so they just keep talking shit on it with or without any repercussions. but realistically, the 'gamer' market has produced better hardware for the PC builder than any other exploitation ever could.

>240 fps
>144hz monitor
Nice bait

i read the sicp
my first year course in comp sci was in python and i kept putting parentheses everywhere and using lambda all the time and the instructors got mad at me

Which thinkpad did you buy?

I installed Gentoo once.

More like whycoin, why I wasted so much electricity on this.

i bet you bought the cheapest fucking psu to save money

>debian
kek

None really
I installed Linux and really like it
I installed Gentoo and unironically love it, hoping to set up a binhost or distcc and get it on my laptop

This. Gentoo is fantastic.

This. Only a retard would take options from Sup Forums seriously.
Neo-Sup Forums is full of retards though who can't think themselves.

I bought an Intel CPU once, my insurer decided that was apparently negligent and wouldn't cover my house fire.