GNU/Linux Phone

I NEED IT

>hardware switches for the camera and micrphone
FUCK GIVE ME IT NOW Sup Forums YOU FAGS

no you don't you just have autism
this would add zero tangible vaule of any form to your life

>but iOS and windows phones are fine

Everyone needs it, but they where smartly convinced in the last decades they don't. It all has to work by magic, you don't need to know shit and you better don't want to.

DOA
spy agencies will ensure this
chink companies will never produce something without their backdoors in it

A Chink backdoor is way less harmless to an American than an American backdoor would be

purism is american?

There's a Ubuntu phone in the works too.

>Fuck Gnome and it's tablet interface.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
KDE FAGS WITH PULLET OVUM ON THEIR FACES!

...doesn't Android use a Linux kernel though? Or does it not have GNU in it?

No GNU.

>Windows phones are fine

Android is Linux, but not GANOO+Linux, showing that software-jesus rm -rf Stallmanu has been right all this time

maybe stallman will finally get to use a phone

So, when is this released and how much is gonna cost? Also how long until international shipping?

it's in crowdfunding stages

If is on crowdfunding why don't we hear more of Librem around Sup Forums? Nobody stops AyyMD and Intel threads anyway, and this phone is a new breath for phone users.

bump

Ubuntu Touch has already come and gone. Nobody wanted it.

Now my phone just needs ps/2 plugs

what's wrong with usb to ps/2 sempai?

I don't think the phone has USB either come to think of it

>phones are fine

>$599

yeah no thanks.

I also want this but i fear it might fail, is not going to stick to the broad public if can't install their shitty normalfag apps like candy crush,clash of cancer or their hundreds of selfie apps. i hope it succeeds

>not GNEED
you had one job

there's some essential apps that i'm guessing it won't have

yeah
it means fucking nothing when you have almost no control over the OS or hardware

Don't worry, I'll just make my very own low-budget version of all the most popular apps, and release them in whatever the "app store" equivalent will be for a free as in freedom phone.

are you retarded or just play one on tv?

corporate espinoge is literally china's fucking game.

no wonder they do it so well with idiots like you just letting them do all sorts of chinky shit to your phone.

I want one but I believe crowdfunding is a meme. I'd rather wait to see whether this or the neo900 works out better.

I did, nobody just sold one to me. They were sold out all the time when I checked.

Hardware vendors would hate GPL userland.

I believe it is going to run most popular web apps(i.e. Faceberg, YouTube) in a browser container.

>are fine

Purism said itll be 600 *if* it happens

American company, but all thier shit is made in chinese factories.

meh
i'll wait for reviews

Fund this project. If Ubuntu Touch can get like $32 million or whatever, then this should be able to get the $1.5 mil it's asking for.

Sure you can afford even $20? Or do you enjoy taking Google's / Apple's / Microsoft's cock so much that being able to get raped by them everyday is worth more to you?

It'll probably be shitty just like gentoo

I'm sad the phone is 600.... Doesn't even have amoled display.

I paid 430 for my galaxy s8+... :(