Texhnolyze

I can't understand if I like this or hate it. I've never had an anime inspire completely conflicted feelings in me to this extent, except maybe NGE, the original 5deep28u.

Texhnolyze is a great anime, Yoshii did nothing wrong and you should watch Haibane Renmei now

it sucks, go watch Lain

also go back to

This is Sup Forums, are you retarded?

It's also a very Sup Forums anime.

Texhnolyze is great.

Although you're not giving much to reply to. What are you conflicted about?

Haibane Renmei is absolute shit

Anime was good until the characters started talking.

>MUH CYBERNETIC LIMBS

Lemme guess: Your second favorite anime is Sora no Woto, only beaten by K-On.

Literally me but I actually liked Haibane

Sup ForumsBe rankings
Texhnolyze - In my single opinion, this is the closest anime has become to higher level art. I rewatch it yearly and continue to discover new subtleties and complete meanings. While movies like Angel's Egg are definitely beautiful, even the director admits to it as fluff.
Neia_7 - A warm hark to the simpler times at the turn of the century. The fuzziness of the animation and hazy days of nothingness are very summer like and always pleasant to rewatch.
Haibane Renmei - This used to be second for me, but a rewatch I did a month ago left mixed feelings. While it still has one the strongest opening episodes, some of the drama near the end got too overly dramatic for me.
Serial Experiments Lain - Though this at the bottom, it does not mean I think Lain was poor. 3 Watchings though have not sparked my interest to actually like the show, I moreso appreciate it. I've yet to understand my own stance on the show completely. Perhaps it's the sterile nature of the show.
Despera - If this ever gets released, it'll probably disappoint me unless it's done in SD quality like the other shows.

Despera never ever ever. I even bought the artbook. I did my part.

After some reflection, I agree that Texhnolyze > Haibane > Lain. Never saw Niea_7.

>While movies like Angel's Egg are definitely beautiful, even the director admits to it as fluff.

Artists have been doing this since forever. They don't want their interpretation of their own work to be taken as the gospel and only possible interpretation so they just say it's meaningless or refuse to say what they think it means. Picasso did it, Samuel Beckett did it, and plenty of others. I should also mention that ABe has this mindset as well and has interviews about Haibane Renmei where he says things along those lines. Here's a quote from one:
"Whenever I talk to American people, I feel that they, compared with Japanese people,
cannot leave things ambiguous (I'm not saying it's a bad thing, of course).
For example, many questions in this interview ask for clear answers to ambiguous parts of the anime.
Haibane Renmei is, as the title suggests [hai means "ash-grey" in terms of color],
a story with various things in gray, that is, a story with many ambiguous factors.
It is not a story to find answers, but one to wonder about the answers.
In regard to things whose answer is not clearly shown in the story, think for yourself and apply your own answers to it.
That will surely make the story very special to you."
(later in the interview)
I intentionally left many details and factors in the world ambiguous, in hopes of making
the viewers think for themselves. I would like to do my best not to write my own view. If I answer these
questions, that will be taken as "the right answer."

Yeah I bought it too, since I been following him, I don't think aBe has mentioned it's status once.

It's not a bad anime, the ghost town made me unbelievably sad for some reason. He had high hopes of the surface being a utopia away from all the death and destruction and poverty. Then he goes above and finds out that it's worse off.

Yes, I understand. I still have a line to when something provides enough solid ground for my interpretations and when I'm grasping at air. I admit that the abstract is not my forte.

He sounds like a great guy

Where can you get the art book?

You gotta watch more anime(plural) and consume more otaku media to understand it, kid.

I had to attempt to watch lane 5 times and eventually sat through it one time with a drink and an open mind and it really is anything you wanna make of it. My idea on what's going on is different probably to others but it's impressive. Not innovative or a fantastically done anime, mainly because it has trouble drawing people in. But it's comfy.

>Not innovative
It predicted the influence the Internet was going to have on people way before it actually started to become ubiquitous in our lives.

I thought I was on Sup Forums, clover messed me up. But the thread went okay regardless.

It felt a bit try hard, at first I felt it was fantastic but then it dropped off hard at times.

Yeah. Yoshii was a faggot and ruined it for me.

I do feel what you said Texhnolyze.
It could be that it's still way ahead of its time.
It's got things happening under the surface which would probably take a few rewatches. In a way it's like the anime I used to watch as a kid and discover hidden facets to about a decade later. Think I will have to rewatch only after some years. Only seen Lain out of the others.

I have watched multiple hundreds of anime, kid.

>Yoshii was a faggot and ruined it for me
How to spot a pleb

How to spot an edgy autist