Tech as status symbols

Am I the only one that doesn't care for le brand logo xd?
>Official™Licensed™Razer-Haxx0r™®Keyboard® from Razer Incorportated.*
>On sale for only $199.99 USD®
>*courtesy of the Razer Group® and it's affiliated brands.

>Some 40$ chink all mechanical keyboard made at the same factory but without the autistic branding
I'd get it if the bloody branding had an actual effect on quality, or if the keyboard was manufactured with higher quality materials, but it's literally the same shit.
So tell me Sup Forums.
Do you care about branding from a specific manufacturer as a "status symbol"?

>not using anonymous debadged gear

Look at iPhones.
Poor as fuck people will still shell out for an iPhone contract just because it makes them cling onto some hope that they have some richness in their life.

Most branding is just there to give people an idea of the quality to expect. You'd expect all Razer shit to be expensive, but your mileage will vary when you venture into chink shit hell

I only buy name brand technologies. No knock offs like Samsung or Linux.

sometimes, maybe if the company is known for doing shitty things in the past then ya. A good example is Microsoft. Otherwise then I follow the "whatever gets the job done" attitude

Low quality bait. lurk more faggot.

Shut up aspie.

Actually, considering I've known people who've owned razer, it's surprisingly not as quality as I'd expect it to be at a 90+ pricetag.
They owned 2, one key switch broke at 2,000,000 keystrokes, and another keyboard's backlighting broke on 3 keys at once at about 3,000,000 keystrokes.
For comparison, I've been using a chink keyboard for the past 4 years, over 10,000,000 keystrokes, and still no problems aside from very shiny keycaps.

How to detect a corporate cocksleeve:
>being this rustled over the generalization of brands as "general branding".
>being angry when someone calls brand products a status symbol
>referencing the term "aspie" on a board dedicated to autists
>using proper grammar
back 2 r/apple

>Am I the only one _____
>Wojak
Go away

I never said to expect good quality. Both keyboards broke consistently

>40$
>he thinks it's 40$ even after shipping
shit costs fucking PENNIES to manufacturer AND ship.
welcome to consumer electronics, where prices are retardedly high and the only way to not get ripped off would be to use old/thrown out shit.

I know it's cents to manufacture.
But at least I got 1/2 as assfucked as someone that bought it for 80$ and 1/3 as much as someone that paid 120$ for one.

>still got wallet gauged of monies
do you really not know that keyboards are pretty much the easiest thing to find for free?
even easier than mice, although i'd say cases are the easiest

CUM
STAINED
PERIPHERALS
But really, I have an autistic obsession with buying new and abstaining from most things used.
Only exceptions are when it's work related, or I expect it to have a short lifetime.
Anything personal, and I buy it new.

Nope, and surprise surprise most people don't. More news at 11

This

>using proper grammar
He missed a comma, you uneducated cumbucket.

it's cents in materials
the dollars come from the other costs of doing business

I honestly wish it was easier to remove the logos from my computer parts. I know the manufacturers put a lot of time in engineering and producing them, but logos are tacky.

>looking at you coolermaster keyboard with COOLER MASTER on the windows key

The only time I care about branding from a specific manufacturer is if sluts would recognize the brand. No need to get all retarded about brands for computer shit, or watches, or headphones. Basically, if it's a Sup Forums-recognized brand, it pretty much doesn't matter, because sluts wouldn't get it.

Deep down, people still think on gaming as something for 13 year old edgy kids.