/nrg/ - Nyaa Replacement General

This thread is for the discussion of NyaaPantsu (pantsu.cat), a free (FOSS) torrent indexer, and other nyaa alternatives.
The aim of this project is to write a fully featured nyaa.se replacement in golang that anyone will be able to deploy locally or remotely.

FAQ
>pastebin.com/Gq9MrJN5

Links
>pastebin.com/40aFT7CN

>Why is Pantsu down/error 502?
Most likely because the team is deploying changes. Wait for a bit and refresh the page. It should be mostly stable now.

Latest news
>Upload page made user-friendly

General updates on the site
>J-List ads
>Classic theme in development

Planned improvements
>Improve scrapers to scrape more sites
>Move db dumps to just nginx to prevent any issues/corruption
>Add in the nyaa.si and anidex scrapers into the main program

Dev live server:
>dev.pantsu.cat

Database dumps:
>nyaa.pantsu.cat/dbdumps

Local Client:
>An user made a local client in case the online sources are down: instructions and download at
>nyanner.net
qBittorrent plugin for Pantsu.
>github.com/4chenz/pantsu-plugin
NyaaPantsu android app
>github.com/NyaaPantsu/NyaaPantsu-android-app/releases

Development roadmap:
>github.com/NyaaPantsu/nyaa/projects/2

NyaaPantsu Status:
>status.pantsu.cat
>Copyrighters wall of shame
transparency.pantsu.cat

Development and discussion channel:
>github.com/NyaaPantsu/nyaa
>#nyaapantsu / #nyaapantsu-dev on Rizon
>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!sSRxWIaI!Eo5sKjdy48m6gPMc2ebtDVMRPiESiwLYq5q731l4nJ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When pantsu will be better than si?

When enough sub groups decide to back pantsu instead of si.

Which seems like it isn't going to happen in any meaningful way.

nyaa.si

Nice to see how pantsutards really believe their site isn't used due to some evil conspiracy and not due to being a total shit compared to nyaa.si.
Also what sub groups are you talking about - almost all of them are dead now.

Bump

it already is

Bump

Boat-loli bump.

Update When?

can you stop bumping? everyone know about this site now, stop chilling it

kilo is white and based

Off by one is a lie

> Planned improvements
> >Improve scrapers to scrape more sites
> >Move db dumps to just nginx to prevent any issues/corruption
Fockin 'ell, if you still plan it, then do it.

It's a pity they don't plan to improve scrapers to not die regularly.

The scraper doesn't die regularly though

Dead

pantsu is kill

stop saying that you worry me everytime

The pantsu are down.

just dropping by to say thanks for creating nyaa pantsu

thanks

But I use pantsu

bump

>Still no proper dedicated moderation
This is all pantsu is missing for me now desu.

can someone help me find a certain game i want, the one on si isnt working

what game?

tokyo darks visual novel

nyaa isn't really for those types of games desu. Unless it's a steam translated version of a jap game, it likely won't be on here. You would have more luck getting it from a western tracker.

can you help me find it please user. Or atleast point me in the right direction

It's on GGn if you have an account there (which you likely don't). You would get more luck looking on skidrow or something for a DDL.

>No files found? That doesn't even make sense!
>generated torrent files still missing trackers
>mobile view still broken
>fuckhuge banners

i wanna try skidrow but they have all these sketchy third party weird downloaders, have anything else.

I'll ask miao to update website for mobile view being broken

nah, they should have a torrent link iirc. I don't really want to recommend a public tracker though since what happened to tpb and the buttcoin miner.

Just get it from Skidrow.
The links are safe.

mega.nz/#!sSRxWIaI!Eo5sKjdy48m6gPMc2ebtDVMRPiESiwLYq5q731l4nJ0

thanks user, for some odd reason the mega link wasent working it would transfer me to media fire, wait..... you didnt pay for the link did you t-t-t-hanks if you did.

Nah, I got it from IGG Games.
By the way, the password is igg-games.com

oh.. thank you for finding it deeply appreciate it been trying for days to find the game.

Not that user, but have a couple lolis for being nice and helpful...

bump

When will pantsu finally start releasing dbdumps?

soon

It was said to be 'soon' months ago, I won't believe it until I see it.

When ewhal stops messing around, e.g. not anytime soon.

bump

Fix Pantsu!

tomorrow

Bump

>It's a cartel backed nyaa clone. Use it if you want, it doesn't concern us
Wait what. What does that means?

It means that now when they lost, they won't even try to step up their QoS to be on par with nyaa.si - it'd be shit forever.

I was talking about the cartel thing

It's a sort of imagined community, both in sociological and psychopathological senses (for winners and losers accordingly).

It means soon after we opened HorribleSubs spammed us, then proceeded to make an announcement on their website, that can be seen by anyone just by googling nyaa, to say that they've head pantsu.cat was racist which is why they won't use it, and that they will instead use nyaa.si (their buddies)
Followed by nyaa.si devs coming into these threads and saying "we warned you :^)"

That's the kind of people behind nyaa.si and HorribleSubs, no doubt more groups are involved

thanks for preaching the word guys
i originally just spammed that comment (modeled after a certain comment from /mbg/) to bait some pantsu dick suckers who have a hate boner for kiloutre
kilo is unironically the only one who does anything and has the intention to make something good even if he constantly breaks the site
i see this thread is even more dead than it was and filled full of shitposting

boogeyman

Kilo is love and already got Promoted.
Thanks for showing me that kilo is pantsu's hope.
(Only went to iirc after the whole drama about kilo breaking stuff)

>kilo breaking stuff
>he constantly breaks the site
I never break anything, piss off

That's not what ewhal is saying though.

It's mostly only some small stuff that kilo forgets and everything breaks from this mistakes or ewhal/miao doing some shit.
But at least kilo does something, corrects his shit and doesn't wait years and need to be reminded three times every day.

where were you when ewhal was kill

doki is banned effective immediately.

What?

>this retarded general for that stupid rip-off site is still going
Wew...

And you are still here.

site down??

Don't know how accurate this is, but it's the explanation given to us Sup Forums newfags a few months ago.

it's literally a meme

Dev is still up :^)

Hi herkz.

Nyaa.se was already replaced officially by Nyaa.si, shit I didn't even remember that the old Nyaa died or that your site was created. What is the purpose of carrying on with a project that aims to do what others completed 5 months ago? Don't answer, it's a rhetorical question; I know that the reason is that you want attention.

probably ddos again

Goddamn it Daiz. stop DDOSing pantsu.

THE PANTSU ARE DOWN

Perverts.

THE PANTSU ARE BACK UP

Dead thread

Stats are broken

bump

What's your favorite anime Sup Forums?

pokemon

bobobobobobobo

and theres nothing wrong with that. more sources get my fix.

>this historical revisionism
What actually happened: HS announced they were going to use nyaa.si right after nyaa.si came about. Then, pantsu, faced with the fact that they didn't have HS, decided to scrape HorribleSubs, with no input validation whatsoever. The end-result was that someone from HorribleSubs abused this because pantsu didn't fix it even after it was disclosed to them. Your timeline is completely wrong, and the context in which you put these events is wrong as well.

I'm sure you'll call me herkz though.

Hi kilo

I'm not that gay.

calm down cowboy i just put some words before the others

If you had trust in pantsu you would give an objective recap on what happened.
The reveal is that pantsu fucked up, and it's somehow the cartel's fault. (Seems like a recurring theme, huh?)

pantsu isn't responsible for HorribleSubs deciding to spam us user, no matter how much you wish it was the case

You made it look like people were actively spamming pantsu, when it was your shitty scraper spamming your own site. That's more than just putting some words before other words.
People are not using pantsu not because of some shady cartel ruining everything, they're not using it because it's a shit site that's broken all the time.

Fuck off bjork

>scraper spamming your own site
Horriblesubs spammed their RSS feed, which the scraper was scraping from. it was indeed their fault.

>You made it look like people were actively spamming pantsu, when it was your shitty scraper spamming your own site. That's more than just putting some words before other words.
I'm not really sure what you mean. HorribleSubs checked for the IP requesting their RSS feed and if the IP was Pantsu's IP, they fed it pure garbage.
Otherwise it would've spammed everyone connected to their RSS feed.

and pantsu made no validation on the input at all to check whether the entries the RSS was advertising were actual entries, hence why the scraper wrote a whole shitton of duplicate entries which pointed to pantsu 404 pages.

That doesn't matter, you can still feed fake hashes, idiot.

>i-it doesn't matter that our scraper scraped entries which were completely non-existent because you can feed it other garbage data too!
if that doesn't matter then why did you fix the initial validation failure? :^)

The horriblesubs scraper was completely removed because if they wanted to spam us shit, no matter how many securities there would be to prevent it, they could do it freely.

That's not true, you could just take greater care to not stick out like a sore thumb through how frequently you were scraping.
And you somehow still try to connect this to nyaa.si, even though the HS person responsible for the feed manipulation isn't involved in nyaa.si at all.