Why would I want linux if I'm a gamer?

why would I want linux if I'm a gamer?

You don't.

>I'm a gamer
you have to be 18+ to use this website

Linux is a kernel. Did you mean GNU/Linux?

If so, then you would want it because you value your software (including your games) being free as in freedom.

If you don't value that, and you prefer to be locked into a platform where you can only play what games the hardware manufacturer permits you to, then there are many proprietary walled garden game consoles you can purchase.

>using a negro's face on Sup Forums
back to manchild.

We don't need cancer in the comunity.

>>>/thrash/

Racist prick.

>>>/tumblr/

why are you on Sup Forums if you're a gamer

what if you use Linux and Windows and game and not game?

>I'm a gamer
you have to be white to use this website

Go back to your containment board

>he isn't /pci passthrough to windows cuckbox gaymen VM/ master race

I'm willing to bet that if you're a serious gamer, you want to stream your games to twitch so you can make money. With linux, you'd probably be able to use a less powerful computer to do the streaming, because the OS wouldn't be spying on you the whole time. Then, because it's a server OS, you could easily have the videos loaded onto a network drive, so you can put together sick compilations for youtube using your Macbook Pro and some video editing software without any of the pains of sharing files between OSX and Windows.

I guess you could say that Linux is only for really serious gamers. If you're shit, I guess you wouldn't stream.

So you don't have to have a botnet OS

Fuck off newfag.

why would you browse Sup Forums if you're a gamer?

4chins hated niggers before /po/ shithead.

Why do you post on Sup Forums if you are gayman?

Holy shit that's a good pic.

>because the OS wouldn't be spying on you the whole time.
Linux sweathogs actually believe this. Loosen up the tinfoil fedora sport.

>use Linux on everything but my desktop
>love ricing, fiddling with Linux
>use Windows on desktop for gaymen and creative purposes with software not found on Linux

It's almost as if a person can do more than one thing with computers.

I'm very newfa/g/ (been here like 3mo) and I don't do any of this, except that I like generals because they are topical in nature.

r u me?

there are tons of games on linux tho

Plenty of big-budget AAA games are getting linux releases these days.

Granted, most of them aren't even worth playing anyway, and most indie games get multi-plat releases.

Lets face the facts. If you're a gamer you aren't actually interested in computers and technology, instead you're only interested in the results of computers and technology being implemented.

stop shitposting. windows telemetry is not a conspiracy.

>be me
>many years in tech. know multiple languages, have done dev for desktop, web and mobile
>have worked in NOC for several ISPs
>know my layer 1 well enough to have implemented one of the longest vertical cable runs in America
>still like to play games on occasion
>inb4 no one believes any of this, I dont care

Isn't it amazing that people have hobbies to decompress with?

Linux is for PCs
PS4 is for games

I wish I never fell for the "Gaymens" Meme. I wish they didn't hold such power over my weak mind.

I could have done so much more, I could have fucking read books or learned to program earlier. I could have been making friends or networking.

Games are degenerate that attracts degenerates. A time sink with little to offer the greater whole. I have so many regrets, I wish I was wiser when younger so I could have seen this.

You don't game much, do you?

Play games that aren't MOBA skinner boxes.

Wow you're right. I don't believe you.
Kys faggot.

Why would you want to game if you can be a gentooman?

>muh freedumb xDDD

why would you crawl out of Sup Forums if you're a gamer?

>mah gay men xDXDXDDDDDDDDDDDXxxxxDDDDDDD

because Linux has l337 games available nowhere else.

no one cares what you do gaymer

Such finery in gaming, only for Linux!

To do development or to run a service

Ok, Chromium BSU ain't a bad looking shooter and is mildly challenging... Good way to waste time while waiting for something to compile.

nu/g/ detected , gtfo

how fashionable of you

such amazing 3D gaming! Ranks right up there with S.T.U.N Runner and Hard Driving!

Why would I want to live if I'm a gamer?

How would you use ShadowPlay on Linux?

Got fucking damn this is spot on.

You don't and you wouldn't, go to Sup Forums, stay there, and never come back

You don't want Linux in the first place

>le quizzical nigger meme
>>>/reddit/

Autism detected

why would you post in Sup Forums if you're a gamer?

I've been here a good while and I get pissed off whenever Sup Forums derails productive conversation. You can't have a single conversation about anything remotely political around here without them flooding in and spewing their rhetoric.
Whether or not I agree with their viewpoints, I don't want them shoving them in everywhere.
Also I'd take /ic/ off there, they're basically /r9k/ with pencils.

Xonotic is the only game you need

Just ignore it then, why should it bother you. You can even filter words user if they scare you so much.