Tech problem/IP became static IP

I noticed the IP for my DSL internet has become a static IP. I use to be able to reset it with a quick power cycle but it but I've now become stuck with this IP address for about 6 months. I called tech guys and they said it should cycle on it's own once a week. I waited 2 months for it to cycle and after the techs tried to manually reset my IP on their end and resetting the modem to factory defaults they declared it's a problem with my modem.

They sent me a brand new modem that fixed it! For a while... I was able to reset my IP again with a quick power cycle for about one month. Then my IP got stuck again. The IP it got stuck on was different than last time but the effect was the same. It would no longer change with a power cycle. Even after waiting a week it didn't change. I was suppose to return my old modem but I still haven't returned it cause I'm a lazy bastard. I decided to plug it in and see what happens. When my old modem connected, it was connected with the same IP it had before. Now I have 2 modems, and 2 static IP that I can switch between by swapping modems. All I want is to be able to change my IP address.
How do I fix this? I have frontier vantage as my ISP if that helps. It's literally the only available ISP.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B06Y4TG6KN/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_5-BZzbSCWR789
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Turn your Internet off for the rest of the year.

Change the MAC address of your router and it should give you a new IP.

your new modem got assigned a new IP from your provider because it has a unique mac address.

change it

just stop posting cp and getting ip banned

bump

another user here, i have arris router from time warner shitter and they don't let me change the MAC

Op here, can't change MAC on this router

I got an Arris from Frontier too. Two of them.

so 2 things:
live with it
or
buy a modem for $70.
return your modem and save the $5/month fee.
the $70 router pays for itself in just over a year.
this is assuming that you already own a router.
i did this because i hated TWC but then a year later i ended up getting Google Fiber so i only ended up breaking even.

i need the "password of the day"

the existing generator doesn't work

>google fiber

you lucky bastard

also enjoy your botnet

I'm not sure they'll even let me use my own router. If I knew of one that's compatible I'd do it long time ago.

meant modem, not router. Use to them being combo.

I have an old Netgear ASDL modem but again, I don't think they'll let me use it.

TWC lets you "bring your own modem"

time to get another router

if you're using the cablemodem router, change it to bridge mode and use you own router.

amazon.com/dp/B06Y4TG6KN/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_5-BZzbSCWR789

Hahaha you got banned for shitposting and now you're fucked.

Why do you want dynamic IP's so bad? Static IP's are actually preferable. (Game servers, FTP, NAS, ect.)
Just get a VPN if it really means that much to you and you want different IP's.

Why do you want to change your IP so badly? Usually people pay extra for static IPs because that way you can have a URL point to stuff you host at home without having to use a dynamic DNS service. Maybe you should stop doing stuff that gets you banned from websites.

>inb4 he cant change the mac address because its literally not an option anywhere

remove batteries if modem has any then power cycle
if not, factory reset from within menu