Asdffdsa

This thread is about android debug tools and fastboot.

I'm trying to work out how to (or whether) I can flash my phone(s).

I'm going to dump things I found fun/interesting here (been researching this for several days now).

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Are-Chinese-smartphone-makers-using-low-quality-chip-sets-Is-that-why-their-prices-are-cheaper
developers.google.com/android/images
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You can do stuff with adb and fastboot without making any alterations to your

***ANDROID PHONE***

or

***COMPUTER RUNNING LINUX***

except installing android-debug-tools and fastboot on your computer, and going into your phone's settings → about phone (bottom setting) → tap "build number" (bottom setting) 7 times (to “become a developer”) → enter developer options (above "about phone" in settings) and enable "USB debugging"

Tip ⇨ Become a developer (on your phone), enter developer options, scroll down to Input → Show touches and enable that too.

Now... connect your phone to your computer with a usb cable and type “adb devices”. If things are going well you'll get a message about a daemon being started and your phone will be listed as “unauthorised”. If you look at your phone you'll see it's asking you for authorisation... which you should grant. Type adb devices again and your phone should be listed again as “device”. Type “adb shell”. Type “ls”. With a bit of luck you're in (in your phone's file system that is), pic related.

Nice blog, how to unsubscribe

Unrelated: apparently it's impossible to post elle ess space dash elle (ie normal linux list + details command, the command I used in my last image) on Sup Forums. It took me a good half hour to work out why I couldn't post my last post, I thought I'd been hacked or banned. I removed the -l from the ls command in the text.

Try it (this command, done here with a long dash):
ls –l

Back to ADB.
After I reinstalled (upgrading Debian 8 to 9), for reasons I don't know one of my phones would not work with adb unless the adb daemon (server) was started with root privileges. When you run "adb devices" or "adb shell" (or "adb start-server") adb starts its daemon....

Pic related (in case anyone else runs into this problem). As you can see once the daemon is started with root privileges you can use adb normally without sudo.

You can run (some?) commands in the phone by typing "adb shell " from the terminal before you type "adb shell". Eg "adb shell ls" or "adb shell ls /sdcard". But some commands don't work, eg md5sum, or "echo $PATH" (see below).

To see available commands (linux terminal commands) for the phone I type "adb shell" to get into the phone, then "echo $PATH".

Note: this gives a different result to "adb shell echo $PATH" typed from the terminal outside the phone.

There's some handy commands. ls, df, md5sum etc etc
"man " doesn't work.

Pic related.

what the fuck is your point?
and when doing a reinstall, note that the device authentification id bullshit info is wipped and youll have to reauthenticate on the phone.
Also, on arch anyway, you need to be in the group sdkusers.
also what the fuck is your point with all of this? If you mean to say we can do root stuff without root, no you cant. You cant even navigate to half the directories in adb shell

>you need to be in the group sdkusers.
adbusers *

Now... I'll just quickly describe adb push and pull because they're pretty fundamental.

("man adb" or even just "adb" for more info, of course).

On both my phones (both

Another little trick/ability of this adb command....

adb reboot (instantly restarts the phone)

adb reboot recovery (instantly restarts the phone in recovery mode (the one with a little menu that you navigate with the volume keys and select an option with the power button)... I can also get into it on my Android 5.1 phone by pressing powerbutton+volume up, and on my Android 6 phone I can do it by pressing powerbutton+volume up, then when it shows the robot press powerbutton and tap volume up)

adb reboot bootloader (instantly restarts the phone in bootloader mode, if your phone will do it (one of mine doesn't, it won't load into the bootloader (also called "fastboot mode" in some places) whether I use "adb reboot" or start in recovery mode then select "boot into bootloader")... you can also get into the bootloader by starting in recovery mode then selecting "reboot into bootloader")

O K now time for some fun.

There's a file in the phone, /system/build.prop with some informative entries.

Try "adb shell cat /system/build.prop > build.prop" or "adb pull /system/build.prop" to dump it into your current directory.

An example...

A quote from here quora.com/Are-Chinese-smartphone-makers-using-low-quality-chip-sets-Is-that-why-their-prices-are-cheaper

>Below are the 2016 top chipset suppliers & their market share for Android devices. They are all quality suppliers.
> Qualcomm (USA ) 57% - high tier, high price
> MediaTek (Taiwan) 20% - mid-low tier, aggressive price
> Samsung (S. Korea) 12% - high tier; mostly for internal consumption
> HiSilicon, a Huawei subsidiary (China) 6% - high/mid; mostly for internal consumption

On one of my phones evidently uses a mediatek chipset, pic related.

The last line mentions "pixi45":

ro.mediatek.project.path=device/jrdchz/pixi45

The phone is a "Vodafone Smart Speed", but PIXI is the name of some Alcatel phones. Checking online the phone looks exactly like a PIXI 3 which has a 4.5" screen.

Possibly my other phone uses Qualcomm:

username@debian:~$ adb shell grep qualcomm /system/build.prop
ro.qualcomm.cabl=2
persist.loc.nlp_name=com.qualcomm.location

Other interesting entries:

# set cutoff voltage to 3200mV
ro.cutoff_voltage_mv=3200

#min/max cpu in core control
ro.core_ctl_min_cpu=2
ro.core_ctl_max_cpu=4

3200mV sounds like a typical lithium ion lower discharge voltage. I'm not sure if whether rooting your phone and editing build.prop would let you change the battery's discharge settings.

Pic unrelated: df for both my phones (no fdisk -l)

whats your fucking point fag

You can post a thread without the title new friend :^)

go into dev settings and enable fastboot mode

reboot into fastboot(vol down + power) or if you have root you can do reboot fastboot in the shell and then plug into computer and download android-fastboot in your repo (linux)

flash software

another option is enable adb and download android-adb and use adb fastboot from your pc and then flash

another option is TWRP which can flash any software including Magisk/Xposed/LineageOS

Umm I'm reaching the end of the interesting stuff I've found from my current readings...

Just a little fastboot note... pic related (fastboot is used during flashing, I haven't actually used it to do anything risky yet)

Type "man fastboot" or just "fastboot" for the informations...

Try "adb reboot bootloader"
or... "adb reboot recovery" and then select "reboot into bootloader"

(Random note: I typed "adb reboot" while my phone was starting up, now that I've restarted it it's saying "Optimizing application 14 of 114" and taking forever to load, so I'd possibly recommend against rebooting it with adb while android is starting)

Then "fastboot devices".

"fastboot getvar all" dumps some partition names, sizes (in hex) and filesystems, then some info:

(bootloader) partition-size:preloader: 40000
(bootloader) partition-type:preloader: raw data
(bootloader) off-mode-charge: 1
(bootloader) warranty: yes
(bootloader) unlocked: no
(bootloader) secure: yes
(bootloader) kernel: lk
(bootloader) product: PIXI45
(bootloader) version: 0.5
all: Done!!
finished. total time: 0.033s

("fastboot getvar all > fastboot_text" doesn't work, I have to copy/paste it out of the terminal)

To get out of the bootloader (aka "fastboot mode") type "fastboot reboot" (I don't know if there's any other way?).

Compare the partition names in "fastboot getvar all" with "flash-all.sh" flashing scripts in the zip files (containing entire ROMs, smallest ones are for Android version 4.0, ~250MB), you can download from developers.google.com/android/images .... I downloaded a couple to have a look at the "flash-all.sh" scripts I'd read about (they also have flash-all.bat files for Windows users)...

↓↓↓
Note from "man fastboot":
usage: fastboot [ ]
commands:
flash [ ] Write a file to a flash partition.
↑↑↑

From one flash-all.sh:

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-mako-makoz30f.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
sleep 5
fastboot flash radio radio-mako-m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1701.07.img
sleep 5
fastboot -w update image-occam-lmy48t.zip

From the other:

fastboot flash xloader xloader-phantasm-ian67k.img
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-phantasm-steelheadb4h0j.img
fastboot flash bootloader2 bootloader-phantasm-steelheadb4h0j.img
sleep 5
fastboot -w update image-tungsten-ian67k.zip

>reboot into fastboot(vol down + power)
Might as well mention that powerbutton+volume-down doesn't work for me on the phone I have that can enter the bootloader (but "adb reboot bootloader" and "Reboot into bootloader" from the recovery mode do).

Hopefully some of that is informative or helpful, and without taking any risks with your phone whatsoever... sorry for spamming... just taking a break from hours of researching... back to reading now. I'm a bit disappointed so far because it seems my newer phone won't even start in bootloader mode, and as far as I can tell it isn't supported by CWM or TWRP, so I'll have to go looking for another phone to finish this ... shit.

But treating a phone like a computer is goddam fun.

What a terrible thread

I dont think this autist realizes that nothing on this site gets saved.

Note: Instead of "adb devices" you can use "adb devices -l"

devices [-l] - list all connected devices ('-l' will also list device qualifiers)

username@debian:~$ adb devices
List of devices attached
9P6P9LMB9PZDOFTK device

username@debian:~$ adb devices -l
List of devices attached
9P6P9LMB9PZDOFTK device usb:1-1 product:VF-795 model:VF_795 device:smart_speed

stop faggot we dont care

Wait why does this thread exist? What's the point?

Oh yea, believable

Process info:
adb shell top

Network:
adb shell ping www.google.com
↑ ping a website from the phone I assume
adb shell netcfg
adb shell netstat

Mount:
adb shell mount

List of packages (eg apps):
adb shell pm list packages