User...

user, what do you think about the upcoming Microsoft Fluent Design System integrated the next stable build of Windows 10? Let the flames ignite!

Other urls found in this thread:

geek.com/games/john-carmack-coded-quake-on-a-28-inch-169-1080p-monitor-in-1995-1422971/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks nice but I don't think I'll see it much since I don't use UWP apps.

It's supposed that it's effects will apply even on Win32 applications. Folders in Explorer, for example.

It's a shit.

Why so harsh?

it's not gonna look like that at all. Or at least not now, maybe in 2-3 years if they don't change their mind like they do on everything else

0.02 Microsoft Store Credit have been deposited to your account.

Because reality is harsh, Pajeet.

>t. pajeet behind this project
There is nothing else to say, it's a shit and will never be more.

Windows design language is fragmented as fuck already, this isnt going to fix it. Only make it worse.

Looks nice
Hopefully a loonix DE will look somehow like this.

Looks like they're copying Gnome with HUGE ASS FUCKING TITLE BARS.

I'd rather see snappy windows and tabbed file manager.
Get your shit together, MS!

/thread

>It's supposed that it's effects will apply even on Win32 applications
They've never been able to do anything like that before... I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for MS to make legacy applications look like they belong on the current OS.

what about project neon?

Looks good but probably won't happen.

>can't tell which one's a button, list, label, editable text
yeah, great design! flat all the things!

Why is there so much fucking whitespace?

Not a fan, that fucking pajeet is ruining Windows, but well, at least he's not Steve Ballmer.

>it literally has a noise layer added to the blur

How can any other ui ever compete

All I really want is for Windows to have a unified, reasonably modern, aesthetic. I'd be happy with a pretty wide range of things, just some fucking consistency please.

It's embarassing to compare the OSX UX to Windows, and I say this as a dedicated Windows user.

that selector effect on the hovered element is fucking awful, the rest is okay if not great. looks like babies first flat UI.

>win32
>legacy
Nigger the UWP is a failed abortion. No devs want that shit and no user wants every desktop application on their computer to become infested with ads and microtransactions (like almost every single app on there right now).

Looks like a jew ploy to force people to buy bigger monitors because this wastes so much space.

This.
I really dig the Metro style, I hope that those lazy programmers do an unified UI for Windows, seriously.

I think this new Fluent Design is shit, Microsoft is trying to copy Apple, classic pajeets.

Skeumorphism is so 2010

Sure but will it be consistent?

>Skeumorphism
>2010

Hello underaged

people using KDE have no right to talk about UI design

Hello autistic kid.

they should fix this instead.

>it's windows gets ANOTHER design language

I wish these retards implemented anything system-wide instead of piling up incoherent shit.
>fuckhuge decorations
They need to take the blind 80 year old pajeet off the UI team.

Is this a picture for ants?

KYS microshill

the left is already gone in insider builds

>i was merely pretending

Love it, but knowing Microsoft, they're not gonna make it consistent, and as such will look extremely off.

Which really sucks, because I love the modern design philosophy of Windows.

People talking shit have no right to talk.

It's shit. The same thing as the current flat design, but with a little gradient in the background and transparency.
It doesn't address the real problem of flat design: the lack of visual cues to know what elements are clickable and what elements do.
Numix, Arc and Breeze are far better than this BS.

Looks pretty good. I wish there was a publicly available version for the web.

I'm sick of material design and bootstrap. I need a new design to play around with.

Looks nice. It's a shame that it's a conceptual mockup. Windows is so fragmented and already such a mess that you shouldn't expect any sort of aesthetic consistency.

>2 years to fix the fucking control panel

Its 3D for the sake of being 3D. Don't really like it.

Its probably 3d so you can distinguish between different windows more easily.

I don't know if that's a worthwhile design goal when windowed GUIs have worked fine for decades.

How many gb of ram do you need for this?

I always wondered why nobody had gone for the full 3d desktop.

It was looking like the next big thing with bluetop or w.e it was called, but google bought it and never did anything.

OP here. And, well... that's true, for sure. xD

>It's supposed
fuck off.

It would be awesome if, instead of designing a new interface, Microsoft put their efforts in create consistence with it's own control panelS now...

REALLY? Finally, Microsoft FINALLY leaves legacy shit in the past! I think I'm gonna cry from joy...

what? no they didn't

Looks like they're trying to push the AR design paradigm. It looks good, but I know it's going to be a resource hog without adding any functionality whatsoever. Normies will love it so long as it's not so resource intensive that it alters their system's performance in any notable way.

Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it - poorly.

OP here. Some people are talking about the need of better hardware for the new effects. I'll give a try on my good ol' tablet with Atom Z3735F, 1 GB. of RAM and a crappy eMMC with 16 GB. of space. :)

When copy pasting GNOME goes a little bit too far, LM fucking AO.

OP here. You mean just like Windows Vista? That was a resource hog for sure...

I'm not sure I get what they're doing, but I'm excited for something, anything new. I'm so fucking bored and tired of flat design that I'm ready to go back to Aero Glass.

Without a doubt it will be a resources hog like no other. But, I do like the return of some skeuomorphics, there is a utilitarian balance that the whole flat-everything-UX craze is lacking. Unfortuantely, there is no way in hell it will look half this good when it comes to market. As usual, MS will fuck it up by pushing some persistent non-uninstallable trash like their app store or cortana. And no doubt they'll muck up the interface trying to appease some 5 year old tablet UI paradigm.

That's how you make UI look modern. Padding everywhere. It's the most basic rule of pajeet UI design.

How can you live with this resolution in 2017?

This has been upcoming™ for like 8 months now. What are they doing?

I think it looks better than whatever W10 looks like right now at least.

Name one thing I need bigger resolution for.

Doing work
Oh wait

Are you imply that in, e.g. 640x480 era, when >720p resolutions didn't exist, humanity wasn't capable to do any work, or what?

>I always wondered why nobody had gone for the full 3d desktop.

Project looking glass

I still prefer Aero. I also liked Unity. Please stop killing off nice things.

>full fledged 3d desktop
>it's 2d but also viewable from the side
every time with these con artists.

>one is labeled tweaks, meant for appearance/UI changes
>other is labled settings, contains network settings/other system settings
they're seperate for a reason

But tweaks should be considered as advanced settings so...

>Hopefully a loonix DE will look somehow like this.
Gnome unironically is much more classy than any proprietary OS

That's completely subjective. I do like gnome, only because the parts I don't like can be remedied with extensions. Stock gnome really isn't that impressive.

Why does linux looks like shit?

looks like shit, also I thought they are pushing flat design so wtf is this 3d bullshit, they have to go back

>Are you imply that in, e.g. 640x480 era,
>when >720p resolutions didn't exist
geek.com/games/john-carmack-coded-quake-on-a-28-inch-169-1080p-monitor-in-1995-1422971/

What's your opinion on ReactOS?

I'm curious about it. It looks a sight better than Windows 10 does now. But I don't think I'll know whether I prefer it until I get to see it in action, try it for myself.

It's a really nice idea, but it seems to be that it will never be out of beta until a couple of decades more...

its going to drop every gpu down a level there is no way they optimized it

Also, it looks like Windows 2000 and I'm tired of that interface. :(

They didn't, you just have to search for it. It doesn't come up in the start button contextual menu is all.

In Creators Update isn't there too, but if you go to "This computer" and go a level up to the Desktop folder, you'll find the Control Panel is still there. If you have the Insider Preview of Fall Creators Update, check if Control Panel is still there, please. :)

I am and it is still there :^)

wow, it's material with shadows

UI? Pretty strange, looks like they mixed the classic theme with some Linux distros icons. If you are talking about the OS, it sucks. Crashes every time, it's broken and will run like 3/10 things you try.

Why does it look like they are in 3D space and rendered at an angle?

>t. retard
Every single thing you see there is interactive.

give no shit, downgraded to 7 week ago