GUI

GUI

Do people literally and unironically pronounce it "gooey"? In conversation?

If I call it a "gee you eye" people look at me funny.

Other urls found in this thread:

grc.com/sqrl/sqrl.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because you are underage trying to sound hackerman

Hell, people look funny at me when I pronounce SQL correctly.

I can tell you now that the head of my college's Compiter Science department says "gooey"
Its easier to say than G.U.I. anyways. Less syllables.

Ess Kew Ell? How else would you pronounce that.

Se Cu El

I’m a Pole so it’s natural to me to pronounce it “gooey.” Nevertheless Poles are like parrots and like to spell it like Americans do, so I’m pretty confused here.

bcs it's callled 'gooeey interface'

graphical user interface interface

Ess Kuh Ell
>germany

It's a Graphical User Interface or you could just call it a User Interface or Desktop Environment.

>unironically

Please stop saying this.

Some (wrong) people call it "sequel"

gwi
like guido

They do if they're coding a Visual Basic tool to backtrace someone's IP.

Est cul

Think both are acceptable,but depends which os or version right? like original is sequel, but all knockoffs and branches are S Q L

I just use "Yu Ei" though sometimes "Gi Yu Ei", my EE uncle calls it a "gooey" though.

I always read it as "Squall"

So I'll be looked at weirdly when I join a company for not using stupid shit like "gooey", "guh noo", "sequel", etc?

Yes, user, a GUI is pronounced "gooey". In Romance languages, letters have intuitive pronunciations (e.g., "g" is "guh", not "gee", "u" is "oo", not "yew", etc.), so this makes sense. Similarly, a BIOS is "bye ohs" and UEFI is "yoofie".

These phonetic conversions only occur for acronyms which lend themselves to them, however. For example, SQL cannot be "sequel" because the literal pronunciation of the letters is actually "suhkwl", which is pants on head nonsense.

I call it "Graphical Interface"

nice digits and jaypeg

English isn't a Romance language, user.

>SQL cannot be "sequel" because the literal pronunciation of the letters is actually "suhkwl"
More like "skwl".
So how is SQRL "squirrel"? grc.com/sqrl/sqrl.htm

It is not, user, but it follows similar phonetic rules. Frex, despite the fact that "t" is "tee" and "a" is "ayy", the word "tat" is pronounced "tat" and not "teeayytee".

SKURL
sounds like the name of an orc warlord or sumpn

What's wrong calling it "user interface"?
Unless situation requires to specify a graphical part.
Fucking idiots, talking in acronyms...

I avoid all this nonsense by simply referring to everything as "the/that fuckin' thing"

I say it all the time!
G O O E Y

How should I pronounce UI?

acronyms aren't words

>Sup Forums stills calls it GUI
get on with the times, gramps

It's UX now
>you ecks

Damn, wasted quads on your retarded lip flapping

>not pronouncing it like "guy"
wewlad

>iSCSI
>eye skuzzy

I've heard someone call it Squirrel before

>Yes, user, a GUI is pronounced "gooey".
or "joo-ee", like .gif

User eXperience?

Sequel

No. I say the letters. Same with SATA and EIDE.

I pronounce SATA say-tah. Used to pronounce it "sah-tah". I feel like any abbreviation 3 letters or under should just be said letter by letter

I remember that Japanese post on 2ch where a guy asked to get his lemonade smoothie microwaved as a conversation starter with the cashier qt. The cashier complied.