Why are APUs exclusively very low end...

Why are APUs exclusively very low end? Why doesn't AMD make like a $300-$400 APU with 4-6 Ryzen cores and rx 570-580 performance? The Xbox One X is basically that but with bulldozer. It would be awesome for mini ITX systems.

Die size, thermal constraints

Because no one would buy it.
AMD's APUs are designed to span the range from OEM desktops down to low TDP mobile SKUs. They have one die that spans a huge swath of the market and thats how they make it profitable.
An APU with a larger IGP wouldn't have the same market appeal, and no one but fanboys in the builder market would buy it over a conventional separate CPU and GPU.

cannibalism

This too. Cramming 32 vega CUs on an AM4 compatible chip is literally impossible.

If a shitty Xbox One X cooler can handle it but with the less power efficient bulldozer architecture and an outdated GPU architecture for compatibility reasons, I think they'd be fine as long as the stock cooler was fairly beefy.

>Cramming 32 vega CUs on an AM4 compatible chip is literally impossible.
Don't make absurd statements. It isn't impossible at all. Lower clocks, lower voltage, lower power.

>Cramming 32 vega CUs on an AM4 compatible chip is literally impossible.
Somehow they do it with consoles. Is the pin count the limiting factor here? Because this die doesn't seem too big to me.

How the fuck are you gonna fit that on an AM4 sized die?

Anyway cannibalism bad so AMD won't even think about doing it.

>How the fuck are you gonna fit that on an AM4 sized die?
APUripper.

Am I the only one who imagines PCBs as futuristic cityscapes?

The Xbox One X APU has 40CU and its only 359mm2. The AM4 socket allows more than enough room for a package to fit a die that size.
You're a dunce.

most mitx cases can fit a gpu already

It features 44CU actually.
4 are either reserved or not used/lbinned off.

>Anyway cannibalism bad so AMD won't even think about doing it.
It would only be cannibalism if the target market is people who buy AMD CPUs and GPUs separately. Nvidia still has a lot of market share, a lot of people buying 1050tis and Ryzen 3 could be wooed by a $300 APU with at least PS4 Pro level performance.

ANd render their own products pointless? heh

s-sauce?

>meme la meme

Boku no kill

That makes sense for a laptop, but for desktops no. APUs were supposed to be an alternative for those cheap GT630 gpus that used to be popular.

I believe AMD is working on some unified compute architecture and one day integrated GPGPU will be standard. Remember when FPU was a discrete component?