Vega is already outperforming the 1080 Ti after just six weeks of FineWine optimization...

Vega is already outperforming the 1080 Ti after just six weeks of FineWine optimization. Will it eventually trash Volta too?

computerbase.de/2017-09/forza-7-benchmark/2/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NzuyQzu5RCw&t=1s
techspot.com/review/1493-intel-core-i9-7980xe-and-7960x/page3.html
computerbase.de/2017-09/forza-7-benchmark/2/#diagramm-forza-7-3840-2160
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For some reason Vega does very well in racing games

Games where AMD performs better are games I don't buy.

That's an outliner.
For some reason nVidia cards choke despite being well-balanced overall.

Because Forza 7 is pure DX12 and this is where Vega shines. All those other games with DX12 added as an afterthought never have shown how good it can be on AMD hardware. It's like Doom Vulkan. Nvidia is great at DX11 and even OK at DX12 on all those other games. But on a game where pure DX12 was used to create the game it sucks donkey balls.

It's actually shit DX12 implementation.
No async, even.

We're indeed glad to hear you out, Jensen!

This seems fake and wrong

post latest BF1 benchmarks

youtube.com/watch?v=NzuyQzu5RCw&t=1s

Yeahh...no

OP eternaly BTFO

>Adored AYYMDshill

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

The 1080ti wins on average by 30% in that video, maybe you should watch it before you comment dumbass

FUCK OFF

He concludes that the 1080Ti is the BEST high end GPU for gaming you can buy and the best value for money compared to Vega 64 liquid cooled. People call him an AMD shill and here we have proof that he simply tells the truth as he see's it.

Without those fabled AMD drivers Vega 64 (especially liquid) is shit. It's why I got the RX Vega 56 and flashed it to 64 then undervolted/overclocked to get a stable clock rate at a decent power consumption. I paid less that I could buy a GTX 1080 for in my country whilst getting near 1080 performance. I fully expect it to out perform the GTX 1080 once the drivers are full enabled. But if not I will still be pretty happy with my purchase considering the price I paid to perfomance ratio (£380).

>calling someone a shill watching a guy that proves intel and nvidia jew and pay people to shill

How ironic

Funny how computerbase have been seen as extremely reliable by Sup Forums right until they benchmarked forza 7. Also: in techspots/hardware unboxed's review of the 18 core i9 in the (limited) vidya testing he did it also had vega64 edging out a 1080ti on occasion.

techspot.com/review/1493-intel-core-i9-7980xe-and-7960x/page3.html

Again it comes down to game development. Nvidia works heavily with game developers to help *cough* 'optimize' games. Expect them to come down heavily in Gamewaorks titles to gimp AMD. Foriza 7 shows just what can be accomplished when the API is used to leverage the AMD GPU's hardware correctly. I hope to see more of this in coming titles. Devs need to be herded away from Nvidia tampering and concentrate on new API's. DX11 and it's Nvidia hacks has had its day.

Forza's DX12 implementation is shit (Feature Level 11_0, lmao).

GCN needs more than 64 fucking ROPS before any of that matters. Its why vega's performance plummets at 4k in this particular benchmark.

>GCN needs more than 64 fucking ROPS before any of that matters.
No. At all. ATi always nails the ALU:TMU:ROP ratio.
Heck Fiji/Vega have the same ratio as Tahiti.

Considering that hawaii is the GCN revision with the most consistent performance across resolutions I would argue that no, they do not always get it right.

Nvidia is CPU bottlenecked and this demonstrates it perfectly.

Hawaii has an absolutely overkill memory and ROP setup.

How is it overkill if it performs consistently at a given resolution (and in certai ncase, settings)? Hardocp tested vega and MSAA absolutely crippled performance - something unseen across previous revisions of GCN.

>Hardocp tested vega and MSAA absolutely crippled performance - something unseen across previous revisions of GCN.
Even for Fiji. That had the same ALU:ROP:TMU ratio.
It's down to software and the way Vega was optimized.

Hehe my RXV56 is matching the GTX 1080 whilst having a better percentile. Also that is at stock whereby mine is tweaked to the max so will be in RXV64 territory :)

Then you haven't met Project Nvidia.

Froza is extremely optimized. It runs decent fantastic even shitty Intel iGPU.

ayy

see frametimes

>Vega 56

that would be a great card to buy

FINE WINE
I
N
E

W
I
N
E

BASED MICROSOFT.

>Cherry pick

lts a console game

This is what happens when game developers don't have Nvidia sending out their reps to 'help' optimize their game code. Nvidia spend a lot of time and money making sure game devs get their code working well on Nvidia GPU's. With the 'unintended' consequence of making AMD GPU's perform worse.

'it's related to NV's DX12 implementation. Their guide to developers is to still use command list batching on the other cores, while combining and submitting on a single core, the same model as their DX11. I kid you not, if you watch their GDC presentations that is how they tell devs to optimize DX12 for their hardware.

Which is absurd considering DX12/Vulkan was designed so that all cores can process draw calls and submit to the GPU in parallel.'

>Any excuse as long as it's in Nvidia's favor.

t. Cunt.

nvidia doesn't use a hardware scheduler, so that method is normal for them.
archaic, but normal.

Best bit is Computerbase contacted Nvidia and Nvidia confirmed that this is normal behaviour.

computerbase.de/2017-09/forza-7-benchmark/2/#diagramm-forza-7-3840-2160

I can't get over Vega being a space heater.

ohh look, vega 56 is on par with gtx 1080. how do you like that?

Yup! Nvidia's DX11 scheduler showing it's age. They can't do haward scheduling as well as AMD and it shows here. I doubt they will be able to fix this with a driver hack. JKust wait until Nvidia release Volta for consumers with more compute and end up using more power and losing performance in older titles. The future is bright.

Shh, 4k is GPU bound so it doesn't count.

DELETE THIS PLS

Vega 56 still matching a 1080. kek
Vega 64 still ob the heels of the 1080Ti which should be massively faster at 1080 and 2560 resolutions but is not. That reso0lution only demonstrates how Nvidia is bottlenecked at the lower resolutions.

This is not fair, delete this. Thank you

> bottlenecked at the lower resolutions.

Remember the claim they made about the titan xp or whatever being so fast no cpu can keep up? For once Nvidia wasn't lying - their scheduler is what holds the card back.

8.48% difference on a GPU that should be at least 30% faster.

kekekek

>muh amd is better at 4k
>the fury x fps

Fucking kek

Fury only has 4GB so is memory bandwidth limited at that resolution.

>4gb card get hammered under msaa 8x
what a surprise.

in ONE game

4k the 1080 and ti perform as expected

It is the nvidia scheduler.. and no it will not help nvidia even confirmed the results as is.. dx 11 software nvidia game is starting to bite them in the ass

Software vs. hardware schedulers in DX12. AMD can actually send commands to the GPU hardware schedulers on any thread in DX12 where they were limited to only the main driver thread in DX11. Starting to see the benefits of the hardware schedulers AMD uses.

Only 8.48% difference in framerate when the 1080Ti is meant to be 30% faster. The 1080Ti should be MILES ahead but it is not.

see

>1080ti showing worse frametimes
>better

The vega chips has a tight frametime variance giving smoother performance. Going by your own chart the 1080ti is a frametime rollercoaster in comparison.

>1080 performs as expected
>performs same as Vega 56
>Ti should have performed 30% higher than 1080
>better only 8%
wow.

>this thread suddenly has 20 new posts but only a handful of new IPs

HMMMMMMMMM

according to forum goers over at turn 10 the windows 10 port of f7 is terrible it has CPU limitations due to it being single threaded
makes sense as the game is a shit port
So?

Yes vega has potential but as i said by the time they fix the issues everyone will have moved onto 7nm and MCM

you can see a basic nvidia shill in its natural environment, trying divert the attention

>all the people was nvidiafags

kys

But AMDfags said thats was not a issue in the future, HBMeme was supposed to fix this issue with magical live compression proccess. I remember of all these thread at the time

So basically Vega is "just" slightly less shit now?

you don't need msaa 8x in 4k. make it 4x and fps jumps to 50.

Can you get me a job, Pajeet? I don't mind promoting Nvidia products if it pays well.

Single thread game where Nvidia is just tiny bit faster than AMD.
Doesn't change the fact that Nvidia 1080ti is faster in 19 out of 20 games in general

I like AMD and have ryzen but AMD shills constantly make me ashamed with their retardation which makes me want to go Intel.

>AMD fans make we want to go intel
>Listening to random opinions on the internet
>Changing your opinion bases on them
kys

Are you quite so sure? It seems to be getting its ass busted even by a 1080.

please go to them. brian needs buttboys to fuck with his ringbus dick. you'll enjoy it.

I don't want to be associated with mouth breathing retards which is a lot of AMD fanboys. They should get medicated with grandeur delusions they are having or simply get lobotomy.

>according to forum goers over at turn 10 the windows 10 port of f7 is terrible it has CPU limitations due to it being single threaded
no it doesn't you moron
just because there's high consumption on one core doesn't mean it's a single threaded game
all they did was made it so the UI thread never sleeps to get better latency

Your poo is showing, Pajeet. You've got the spelling and punctuation pretty well covered, but the grammar needs some major work.

TWII is DX11 first (and based on their very old inhouse game engine) and DX12 as an afterthought. DX12 from the ground up is a different story and F7 shows this. It's why pretty much all DX11 witrh DX12 titles are shit. Look at how bad Battlefield 1 is for instance. Now look at Doom (Vulkan) and F7 (DX12) which were both heavily worked on for their API's from the ground up and you will see how it is supposed to peerform without Nvidia sticking its big fat Jewish nose into development.

Vega performs nicely in Vulkan but it doesn't come close to displaying this sort of result, though.

The very fact that the GTX 1080Ti is losing in *ANY* game is telling. It should be winning in *EVERY* game. It's Nvidia's flagship GPU for gaming after all and costs a pretty penny to boot!

Why is that do you think? Hmmm???

Think long and hard before replying.

it performs very well without prim shaders I'd say.

There is porbably something in F7 that Vega likes. Maybe FP16. Who knows. Either way it is good news for Vega and we hopefully will see more like this to come. Everything now hinges on Leather Jacket man and his 1070Ti launch vs AMD releasing working drivers and AiB partner cards. It cannot be coincidental that thewy are going to be around the same date(s).

Doesn't change the fact AMD GPU sucks and is nonsense buy for a person who plays games. Barely cheaper than Nvidia but whole lot of slower.

>It doesn't change the fact AMD GPUs suck and are a poor choice for a person who plays games. Barely cheaper than Nvidia, but a whole lot slower.

You're welcome!

You can go and buy Nvidia, we AMDrones won't plan to feed their goyworks.

if it was single threaded the game would have tanked on amd moron

BTW the reason the 1080Ti is faster at 4K is because it has more memory and Vega is bandwidth limited. It needs those prim shader drivers badly.

If you want any further lessons, we're going to need to discuss a payment plan. Let me know.

Hbm and still bandwidth limited

it is not about hbm, it is about the front end.

Ever since the 7000 series AMD has had huge issues with MSAA performance.

I'm not interested. I've got some shitposting to do and baiting faggots like you.

>magical live compression proccess
are you talking about HBCC? Fury doesn't have that.

Just imagine how much better your shitposts would be if you didn't reveal yourself to be a third worlder right off the bat though. No more mocking ad hominems about shitting in the street. Just rage about what you want them to rage about.

I'll give you some time to think it over.

True. But you don't need 8x MSAA at 4K anyhow.

>DIRT 4
>Forza 7
>CIV 6
>all games that use a lot of compute
Neat.

I'm not sure exactly what NVIDIA is going after with the 1070 Ti, but the only thing it can really be is the Vega 56 price bracket, they would have no other reason to release a card slower than a 1080 this late in Pascal's lifetime.

I don't realistically expect anything in terms of miracle drivers out of AMD. They couldn't get Vega working properly in gaming this late in the game, something is seriously wrong somewhere and there must be a reason why, even if we don't know what it is.

FUCK

Is simple, but my understanding may be VERY wrong so correct me if I am wrong, raceing games need very little to look fucking great, we hit a poly wall a long time ago and now its more about how the shaders do shit.

the primitive shader is not being taxed nearly as hard in racing games as it is in other games. so without the primitives bottlenecking the fuck out of the card, we see the real power.

at least this is my understanding of whats going on.

AMD - good at shitty console ports no one plays

Lighting model is everything for racing games. The surface reflections and shadows are what drive realism, not poly counts. Its just as you suspect.

>They couldn't get Vega working properly in gaming this late in the game, something is seriously wrong somewhere and there must be a reason why, even if we don't know what it is.
Budget. RTG doesn't have one.

I doubt it, AMD would have to be grossly incompetent to get themselves in that situation.

>8.48% difference on a GPU that should be at least 30% faster.
Given Vega 64 uses 30% more power and costs basically the same it is amusing you would see this as anything other than a crushing defeat.

The only exclusives the pee sea has are shitty MOBAs, MMOs and other free to play trash. You should be grateful to consoles for funding development of the only good games on your platform.

As much as I want Vega to do well, this is still cherry picking.

AMD doesn't have the coders it needed to complete the drivers. all the budget went to Ryzen.

only pro drivers got to be completed for now. there is only one team that is coding the drivers.