Install Kubuntu with pic related

>install Kubuntu with pic related
>want to install a dark theme
>have to install some bullshit called "look and feel" package in addition to theme
>install both after googling for instructions because 99% of devs on their shitty store don't even include a github link, just a screenshot
>have to upgrade to plasma 5.10 or higher to use theme, Kubuntu 16.04 shipped with 5.5
>okay no big deal
>sudo apt-get update
>sudo apt-get upgrade
>sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
>your system has been updated to the latest version of KDE plasma
>check info, I'm at 5.8.4 now
>wut.deb
>say fuck it, find a "look and feel" pack + theme that is compatible with my version
>download their PPA
>works okay
>decide I really want a transparent theme, but don't want to figure out why the fuck kubuntu isn't giving me the current version of plasma
>find KArc, a le freedom transparent meme-theme
>install both
>taskbar is the wrong color and using the wrong icon pack
>revert to dafault themes and go back to KArc
>same shit
>reboot machine
>now the pop-up menus from the system tray and start menu are 300% the size of my screen but the taskbar is still the right size, just the wrong theme and icon pack
>google how to reduce UI scale
>it's still at 100%
>turn it to 45%
>menus are back to normal size but now taskbar is microscopic
>"a driver for ubuntu 16.04 has crashed either now or some time in the past" pops up
>system crashes

Why the fuck does anybody use linux? Seriously. "Le Stallman and le FOSS!". Fuck you. I would use shitty knock off debian versions of actually useful software if they ever fucking worked and you didn't have to go to CLI to fucking do anything.

Fuck linuxfags and fuck this stupid penguin operating system. Privacy is a meme. I hate all of you

Other urls found in this thread:

spins.fedoraproject.org/en/kde/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kubuntu is shit. Install Gentoo and emerge plasma-desktop.

Don't ever mess around with anything custom/theme/ppa shit except you are some kind of linux super pro wizard.
Everthing you run outside of the distro repositories will break everything instantly.
Its not like windows where you can actually do that without harm.
Just keep your linux os as stock as possible if you want to actually use it.

Here you go mate don't say I never gave you anything
spins.fedoraproject.org/en/kde/

What OP tried to do is similar to replacing explorer.exe on Windows
99% chance bad things will happen

>hahahaha windowsfags don't even know how to write their own programs so they have to download other ones! hahahaha
>omg lmaoooo windowsfags don't even understand what their software does they just download the things with the coolest and/or funniest names! Amirite guys?
>g-guys..?
>o-oh.. you're all playing PUBG? That's cool..
>nah I can't get in the discord it's fine, though you guys have fun!
>I was gonna do some homework with my project group tonight but I haven't written a script that can port the dropbox API to a command line interface
>I guess I can get started on that, now..
>h-hey maybe you guys want to play Bastion later..?
>oh sorry yeah you're busy okay see ya later haha

> KDE
> Kubuntu
> look and feel
> plasma
It's almost like you did the best to fail. Please use a decent DE next time.

>kubuntu

Kubuntu is fucking shite. Should have installed Manjaro KDE instead if you were planning on using it for desktop.

What do you use?

Xubuntu
XFCE + Ubuntu is an excellent combo, but I guess that XFCE works well on any distro. Most Sup Forumsentlemen use XFCE + Mint/Arch.

If you're using Linux you should just avoid GUIs in general. They're all trash regardless of what Sup Forums tells you.

Just use Mate. KDE is for kuks.

discord is available on linux

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT

>windows can do that without harm
Lolno.

>break anything theme related in windows
>safe mode then sfc /scannow
>break anything theme related in linux
>lol good luck logging in

>either case you have to reinstall the OS

Wrong. That command will replace the broken files from a readonly backup. Only way you could fuck it up is if you had malware remove them or something.

>Using a tablet GUI as a DE
>Wondering why life is hell

Kubuntu: latest version of Ubuntu + older KDE
KDE Neon: latest version of KDE + LTS Ubuntu (16.04)
you can't have best of both worlds from an Ubuntu based KDE distro
just switch to Manjaro KDE for best experience

linux is hobbyist trash. If you really thought it would be a replacement you were pretty naive. No biggie though. Basically all it has cost you was some time.

Both systems have this.

Yeah, because windows will kill itself with updates before you get the chance to do it

There is no OS that will save you from your own incompetence. Not knowing what a command will do before you do it is a pretty great way to fuck shit up

dropbox has a CLI by default dummy

lesson learned dude. I fucked my first install so bad that the GUI power button became unresponsive. Could not even logout anymore tto check if i fixed the DE. Now I just stay on MATE and follow guides...works fine

>kubuntu