Is there no distro that's both intuitive and nice to look at? Xubuntu and Elementary's a close call, but functionality...

is there no distro that's both intuitive and nice to look at? Xubuntu and Elementary's a close call, but functionality, UI, and font choices still leave something to be desired.

how hard is it to design a DE from the ground up? do I need some sort of coding knowledge to do this?

ZorinOS Lite

>he expects people who work for FREE to provide him with some actually functional and aesthetic
lmao, do you realize how absurd this is? the absolute state of poorfags

can you not bring socioeconomic status into the discussion it's totally irrelevant to what I'm asking.
anyway that's why I'm asking how hard it is. I'm interested in trying it myself.

If by intuitive you mean normie friendly, I think solus with budgie is the best choice.

Runs well and looks inoffensive.

Functionality and UI depends on your preference and use case. As for font choice, all DEs let you change your font, it's in the settings. You can install more fonts from the software repos.

>functionality, UI, and font choices
Three things that can be changed very quickly in XFCE, to be honest.

Linux Mint Cinnamon has an excellent balance between appearance and features.

noted

Use i3 and mostly CLI tools.

literally any desktop environment with every font changed to "SF UI Display Regular" looks good
try it yourself

I use Debian with XFCE. It's about 130MB ram usage and light, but the mouse settings do nothing and it lets it down.

>is there no distro that's both intuitive and nice to look at?
Both of these these things are subjective. I personally hate all these docks that kool kids use. Nicely implemented win98 workflow with a good theme is all I need (which is what Xubuntu really is).
>how hard is it to design a DE from the ground up?
Very
you can't call anyone a poorfag if you use anything other than MacOS which is only now starting to get features that Linux and Windows had out of the box for a long time (folder merging, windows snapping, etc.). I'm yet to understand why anybody would want their DE to look like Aqua with it's useless menu on top (it's just more logical to have it inside an application) and a dock.
It's blur effects and font rendering are nice, though.

Manjaro-Deepin

this or kde

> the mouse settings do nothing and it lets it down.
any idea why that is?

maybe my main concern is how - with what time I've spent on Linux so far - a lot of problems below the surface need you to use the terminal to fix things.
but maybe I'm just biased to Windows since I probably visited regedit or devmgr too many fucking times without me realizing.

so... yeah, neither OS seems to be more of a hassle than the other.

Distros have nothing to do with being "nice to look at", that depends on the DE that you use

nice digits.
no DE seems to have thin title bars from what I've seen. takes up too much screen estate.

I mean

no fucking shit u need coding knowledge. how do you think software is created you dumb nigger

You could do KDE and use the global menu feature to move the menu options to the top bar like a Mac. That should free up a little bit of space at least

>thinking DEs/WMs are tied to distros
You can get any DE you want on any distro you have. There's no reason to change distros for a DE/WM

gracias.

yes I realized too late after posting.

Well i think linux mint cinnamon is more intuitive and nice to look at.

If you dont have trash PC, consider mint cinnamon.
If you have weak pc, go mint xfce.

Mint is ez and it becomes better.

is linux mint the "just werks" of linux distros? What advantages does linux mint xfce have over xubuntu?

Ubuntu Budgie is pretty nice.

Ubuntu 18.04.

>distro
>look at
your dumb

There WAS ApricityOS, but unfortunately the development stopped and I haven’t found ISOs other than the ones I already have on the internet.

I have yet to see any unix-like DE successfully be as good as Win95