>TFW can't install linux

Am i retarded? I've been trying for hours and I feel like killing myself

Other urls found in this thread:

rufus.akeo.ie/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, this is normal behaviour for loonix. Now just spend hundreds of hours hacking it until it works OR ya'know, just install windows 7 without telemetry updates. Your call.

I can't even get it to boot , I don't understand why it can't be more simple
Get OUT of my thread whores

Keep trying, your time is worthless anyway.

B-But I have to watch anime...

>Am i retarded?
Essentially, yes. I give you a little help though. It isn't hard at all. You are probably overlooking something extremely trivial like a BIOS setting or booting from the wrong USB image (EFI or non-EFI). Installing Linux from an installer is every bit as easy as installing Windows.

>Am i retarded?

Yes. You should have posted ALL your system details, which distro you are sampling, and what the specific problem is.

For example if you are trying to install Ubuntu on a Dell SFF system, post which version of Ubuntu and the SPECIFIC model and the code on the Dell sticker. You can use those to find a mix of info and eventually solve your problem.

Linux is a great way to learn more about computers. My first Linux box was a new eMachine 400 Celeron. I kept the Windows install on one hard drive, then got a second drive for Linux and used a swap rack so both were never connected at the same time. Of course now you have virtual machines which is the best way to try Linux, and of course you should learn about VMs anyway.

>protip: linux is a hobbyist OS designed for fat smelly ugly disgusting neets who watch childrens cartoons all day long in their parent's basement and require constant hacking for basic windows functionality

That depends on the distro. If it's Arch, it's understandable (though not forgivable). If it's Ubuntu, you probably should have that brain of yours checked.

I don't fit that profile, yet, Linux works amazingly for me. I have computer that run Windows and Mac OS, and I can honestly say Linux works better.

>lying on the internet
We all know your one of them, Kevin.

Wrong , I tried installing it from an USB and 2 CDs , and I went to BIOS to make it boot from them , but it gave me "Disk boot failure. Insert system disk and press enter"
Idk , it's an old computer with windows xp on it. I just burned slacko on a cd , then whenever i tried to boot from it it didn't work
Linux puppy
that's mean

thread title is wrong then, as you didn't manage to get to the stage where you could actually fail at installing linux.

>lying on the internet
We all know your motives, Macfag.

what are you using to put it on usb? what distro?

If you can somehow waste hundreds of hours installing Ubuntu or Mint then have the nurse pull the plug already. You're beyond saving.

lmao, this

>Wrong , I tried installing it from an USB and 2 CDs , and I went to BIOS to make it boot from them , but it gave me "Disk boot failure. Insert system disk and press enter"
That isn't what I said. When you go into bios to boot from your USB, you'll notice the USB is usually listed twice. One will work, the other will not. But, given the latest information you've given, it seems as though the disc creator you are using isn't working properly or something.

t.bh yes, because it only even gets hard once you actually install it

0) choose distro
1) create bootable USB
2) boot it
3) connect wifi/ethernet
4) start installer
5) account, credentials, locales
6) some partitioning - full disk vs dualboot?
7) let it download all stuff
8) reboot

recommended way to create bootable usb on windows is with rufus
rufus.akeo.ie/
avoid unetbootin, it's broken trash that people shill for some reason

What the hell are you talking about?

It literally took me 5 minutes tops to install Ubuntu MATE on my laptop. Get UNetbootin, a USB drive, and a Ubuntu ISO.

I dunno, worked for me fine.

Why are you guys so retarded? I was using linux when I was a retarded faggot 15 year old and never had any problems.

You're either meming or you're not even trying.

This. I had more problems figuring out what the included software did, than installing.

If you're booting to the install media and it's not working you set up the install media wrong.

Glancing at your error and pulling from my ass, sounds like your install media is missing /boot

If it's not a uefi pc this should be very straight forward and again your install media was probably not created right

Obvious bait, watch out for mind games :^)

>Am i retarded
yep
not based on your inability to install linux. microsoft has been subverting them and making it difficult for a while with secure boot.
but I can tell you're retarded from your post. 100% retard

Literally only thing windows does better than linux is Active Directory and some software for internal business applications. Linux is what the internet runs on.