Admit it. You'd buy it if you could afford it

Admit it. You'd buy it if you could afford it.

I'll just get an XPS 13 because it's cheaper

>if you could afford it.
even the homeless can afford that literal commie spyware infested chinkshit, you fucking pleb.

Lenovo is literally spitting on the Thinkpad legacy, but I know that IBM would probably have done the same.

enjoy your shit keyboard and glued on parts :-)

Why would I want another laptop when my current personal one barely gets used since I use my superior desktop setup that I have and at work I have my work laptop which is far more expensive anywho.

aaaacktually: they did not put spyware on Thinkpads, only on cheaper consumer models.

Not that it matters since everybody here will wipe the OS anyways.

I already have a $600 laptop and it was a complete waste of money, I think I've used it less than 5 times in the year that I've had it.
Laptops are completely shit to actually use, a desktop is better in every way.
Chair+desktop >>> couch/bed/or chair with a laptop.

>they did not put spyware on Thinkpads

They did. But not the “real” ThinkPads. ie, the X, T, and W (now P) Series.

So only L series?
What else it there?

I have one and desu it's really nice. Using linux though.

Trash screen

otherway round for me
just dumped $1000 on a ryzen mitx pc but my desk and chair are so uncomfortable and windows is so shit compared to linux I barely ever use it

can confirm, good choice

I have a $200 chair and some tables I found in a friend's basement and I sit here for literally every minute of every day. I'ts not just that though. My keyboard is the perfect height, my arms are parallel to the ground, same goes for the mouse. I have a linear board and tactile board to choose from. My full desktop headphone set up with open back headphones. My monitors are the the perfect height with the top of the panel lining up with my eyes.
For my laptop to even be usable I'd need to pick up an anne pro(wireless mech kb), mx master from logitech, a usb 15.6" 1080p display, and some portable headphones like the msr7. Even after all that investment it's still just not comfortable and I'd have to be on a desk anyway.
Doing anything at all on a laptop is just so slow and shit compared to a real computer. I'd sell the fucker if I weren't so sure I'd get ripped off on ebay.
I'm mad just thinking about. Laptops are fucking unusable

what i would gain with this over my w520

a gf maybe

All laptops are more or less the same shit. You either get a MacBook Pro or an

Got t470s. Way better than any x1 carbon

Got the 5th gen from work. Fan sound like a wind tunnel. Comes on all the time I do anything CPU intensive. Get very hot as well.
When will we get better cooling?

Thinkpads are shit anyway.

>What else it there?

but i already bought one

Work already provided me with one. Solid laptop, but I can't buy any laptop with tiny arrow keys

did you upgrade your bios? the fan doesnt even kick on until 70C

X1C has better cooling and a much better display

What happened to the keyboard? Why are the keys all flat?

Yeah I admit it. But ill get one that isn't infested with spyware instead.

I'll be buying one monday. The cheapest one I could find, but looks great(i.e. not gonna be ripped off by some NEET), is a T410, with a win10 preinstall.

Is win10 going to be a complete pain in the ass to replace with linux? I remember replacing win8 with ubuntu, and had a helluva time doing so.

The base build with M2 and not PCI-e?

But I already got one, user.

Sorry, user, I don't know what that means :/

Exactly. Most laptops nowadays have the key in the bios, so why not just do a fresh install when you get one? A pre-bloated OS? No thank you.

>Admit it. You'd buy one if your local Lenovo shop would sell "real ThinkPads" instead of botnet ideapads
This place sucks as much as the delivery fee on ebay.

You realize you can use linux with ryzen...

Imagine the Gentoo compilation/optimizations on that...

i play videogames on it and because its mitx i cant do gpu passthrough