Having Poorness

>zbook/elitebook
>consumer garbage
lel

>Dell
Their consumer lineup is garbage
>HP
All lineup is garbage

Seriously wtf is wrong with HP and Dell consumer lineup?

HP has coreboot options
Dell does not
\thread

Ex office dell monitors are cheap and easy to find and their Ultra sharp monitors are also decent. Both HP and Dell sff office box's c2d and early core I's ard cheap and also easy to find.
Dell latitudes are cheap and easy to find and haven't died with me yet, HP's laptops have crapped multiple times.

>t. consumer hp users
>cheap laptops are shit
also elitebooks are good you cretin
both have good business lineups

Dell, easily.

HP is fucking garbage, even their zBooks.

EliteBooks were OKAY, though.

>HP
Consumers=shit
Bussiness WAS ok

>Dell
Consumers=shit
Bussiness=Great

Halpaa paskaa (cheap shit in Finnish)

Stop buying consumer grade stuff you poor

HP elitebooks are very decent especially older 9470m/9480m

I will probably never buy a non-dell monitor.

My Inspiron 570 has been going strong for 7 years.

Jade and snsv are better

>all this Dell shilling

Did current Elitebooks go the Thinkpad way (to shit) in build quality? My 8440p is starting to feel old.

Are Acer laptops actually good?

IBM

dell because birthday hat

They sort of turned into their consumer laptops. Similar design, same materials. If you're looking to upgrade from your 8440p I'd recommend the 8470p or 9470m/9480m. 8460p has throttling issues. 1040 G1/2/3 are nice laptops too but the build quality isn't nearly as good as the gen2 elitebook laptops are.

At least Dell's business grade hardware is decent. Everything HP sells sucks.

No

the dell chad:
>has a sweet hat
>integrates nicely with the site
the virgin hp:
>no hat
>party pooper

What about reliability?
I imagine it's partially represented by the reviews, but what's a trustworthy chart that's specifically about reliability?

>reliability
Pretty sure "Warranty" covers that. You wouldn't have it if a device isn't reliable.

Ebin

HP laptops are PURE SHIT

HP is cheaper, but its tools are more professional.
In terms of hardware i always go for Dell, HP devices feel like plastic shit to me

Dell all the way.
I've had 3 HP laptops they all died
One was an HP Mini. Ran Snow Leopard pretty well. But there was a problem with the hinges and the speakers made pure static frequently. Also the battery was dead.
Next was the HP G71. The laptop itself wasn't terrible, but it had a lot of bad qualities. The heat, the battery life, speakers weren't that good. So i go to sleep one night watching my laptop, I wake up, laptop on the ground. Go to make sure everything works. Guess what? Speakers are broken. Also even worse, the laptop had a proprietary wifi card and refuses to start up if you have a wifi card other than the one it came with.
Next HP laptop was the HP 255 G5. Pure shit.
Terrible build quality, barely ran windows 7 and TF2 lagged worse than a C2D with Integrated Graphics.

>heating pan
kek'd my laptop was a heating pan basically

Hp produces higher quality business machines however dell has a better warranty. Let me rephrase that. Dell is much more lenient with their policies. For personal use I would go Hp. For large company deployment, dell might be worth it simply because of how easily you can replace a machine.

Got it from one of their hardware monkeys that they're slowly killling off the hardware branche

HP business class is about on par with Dell consumer grade. I had the misfortune of being assigned one in a previous job and it was the slowest, heaviest, least reliable piece of cheap plastic garbage I've ever used.

HP

The hat is sitting perfectly on the Dell icon, thus, dell.

Dell is the better one.

>Hairy Penis
>Having Problems

Buy Lenovo ThinkPads if you want Coreboot or Libreboot. It's not that hard to flash it yourself unless you're totally tech illiterate.

This. I only use Dell monitors.

Dell is just better all around. HP is shit.

The old IBM ThinkPads and keyboards were great. Selling their laptop line to Lenovo was a huge mistake.

>a single misconfigured laptop means that their hardware quality is shit
ok

If you are buying 2nd hand business laptops.
i'd go with dell

>misconfigured
I'm sure that explains the warping plastic, creaking panels, flexing chiclet keyboard, barely functional GPU, loose power button, light bleeding screen, and ability to cook eggs every time I open an ide...

I loved my Probook 6560b, its truly a great machine.

For business - Dell all the way
The servers are great, the desktops are solid, and the laptops work exactly as expected.

I can't say anything about consumer-grade stuff. That's all shit-tier to me.

IBM was good at one time. Now it's shit.

Dell, because they actually make good monitors too.

>Still uses a Dell Dimension and Optiplex for Linux servers
>No problems with Dell
>Killed an HP laptop by installing Ubuntu

Dell is the clear winner, though both are shillfags. Just DIY

I work on HP and they gave me a Elitebook 745 G2. It fucking sucks... my XPS from 2011 was way better than this piece of shit.

Once upon a time, HP made fucking art.
They're both still fine. If you only grade a company based on the shit they build for the lowest bidder, you'll always be disappointed.

IBM has been dead in the consumer market for over a decade
That's just Lenovo shit with an IBM logo on it anyway

HP consumer stuff is pure shit, i will never recomend another HP laptop for as long as i live.

I have an OMEN, i like the design but its fucking hot as fuck while playing vidya or doing gaymen stuphz, no srsly, ITS A FUCKING HOUSE FIRE WAITING TO HAPPEN. Even the fucking keyboard gets fucking hot, the area ontop of the W key to be exact.

It feels flimsy too, the touchscreen is jittery, and software is fucky (does what ever the fuck it wants when it wants), the LED keyboard is not too biright like the motherfuckers that made it.

The elitepoos on the other hand are ok, they are quite easy to fix and last a long time, great for your everyday normie needs, they can aslo take abuse to a certain degree.

>he bought a gaymen laptop

Feels a bit cheap to only give five points for warranty.

>have awesome $2K Dell ultraportable
>a day after the warranty ends it decides its stolen and locks down
>Dell: lol

Isn't that the one where to combat overheating, they throttled the CPU?

Awful oem motherboards.

It is slow as fuck. Sometimes the cpu is 100% using skype for business, outlook and Excel.
I wish I could talk to the hardware guys and say: Don't fuck it up with the cooling.