Hey Sup Forumseeks

Hey Sup Forumseeks,
which VPN service would you recommend right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

thatoneprivacysite.net,
torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ProtonVPN or nvpn.net

don't trust anyone on this site, it is populated with shills.
Do your own research at thatoneprivacysite.net, look at his criterion and do a quick check yourself. After that you can decide for yourself in regards to your thread level and budget.

Strongly recommend against NordVPN and Private Internet Access.

What's the point of a VPN?
Aren't you also giving the VPN provider a lot of info by running your internet through it?

The idea is that you trust the VPN provider more than your ISP. ISPs have proven themselves untrustworthy while a VPN's whole business model revolves around being trustworthy.

>ISPs have proven themselves untrustworthy
How?

Most people use VPNs for pirating.
I want it for more anonymous browsing, especially on deeper sites. Hell, even posting on Sup Forums is a risk nowadays, and that's just a pure shitposting forum.

Aren't VPNs more heavily monitored exactly because of that?

ISPs aren't trustworthy, they're just too much at the mercy of the government.
I had a mate who was son of a ceo or something like that at iinet (australia) and they always emphasised client's privacy. It wasn't until the government ordered them that they had to give some data.

That's iinet though, they've always had the better reputation compared to say optus or Telstra (which used to be a government service) down here.
Other ISP's may earn money on data selling... that's a big potential court case though.

>ISPs aren't trustworthy
aren't untrustworth* woops.

Monitored? Probably, but not by the provider of the service by their own hands.

Might have been an orchastred move with the FBI, but PIA went to court to prove they won't turn over data
torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312/

Why? Pia works fine for me. I just use for torrents

strongSwan is pretty good

T-Mobile does deep packet inspection to throttle youtube (well, specifically just any videos hosted by google) and netflix. VPN defeats that pretty easily by encrypting traffic.

Centered in the USA. Absolutely retarded refund policy. Trash-tier client that doesn't even work half the time. Many people who are signing up these days never get the email with their account info, they're just out of luck and out of money. Customer service takes days to weeks to respond if they ever do. You're just better off picking literally anyone else. They've got a good reputation, and they donate a lot of money to good projects, but that doesn't make them good.

I have a year sub for PIA that I bought a while ago with some BTC, and holy fuck is it bad. The speeds are just abysmal, I have no idea why people say torrenting on this shit is actually viable.

I bought a month of IPVanish and I literally can't tell a difference speed wise, even when I torrent.

I know people will call me a shill or whatever the fuck but you don't even have to use the one I'm using, just please make any dependable argument for PIA because I've traveled throughout the US on multiple networks/machines and it is just never acceptable.

I'll accept that you can browse with it, but no way in hell is anyone downloading shit with PIA. Not to mention the disconnects which aren't uncommon.

openvpn

Is it incredibly hard to use though?

You realize you can use any openvpn client you want? I use it on a dedicated Server VM anyway, and I don't need support.

Sometimes it does slow down, but I usually have no problem getting 250mb/s. If your torrents are slow you need to setup port forwarding with them. If on a dedicated server you need a script and cron job running to curl their port forwarding API. Their client will do this for you but I think you have to enable it.

>not setting up a headless computer hidden away on a mcdonalds/starbucks/buger king etc. connected to the power line and ethernet/wifi and using it as a private vpn until it gets discovered (if it ever does, been using one I set up 6 years ago)

>Trash tier client
It's basically openvpn and works fine with openvpn... You're just a normie fuck retard

PIA is based in the UK, dipshit. Secondly they've been subpoenaed for logs before and didn't have anything to hand over to the FBI. Sounds safe to me. You're either a retard or a shill.

I get my full bandwidth over PIA, 90mbps.

The anti-pia shills are out in force today I see.