>learn graphics programming because it's a rare skill
>look for graphics programming freelance jobs
>only one and viewing it is behind a paywall

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dZGg2rvyTm4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

two is one and one is none

>Back to the drawing board eh?
Have you tried Indeed.com? (pic related)

also are you perchance a furfag?

Also freelance is not a good idea. Work for somebody, being your own boss is a meme.

Ah yes, the image that repeatedly triggers Sup Forums.

That's for localised job searches.

>That's for localised job searches.
>localised
even better

>2+ years experience with ___, ___, and ___
>literally every single job

I live in Wellington, so there aren't many businesses, but there is Weta Digital which has loads of openings for graphics programming jobs.
The problem is though, that Weta Digital is a very high-end company; I can't match the quality of their work, and I come nowhere near their employee requirements.
Seriously, literally every movie where you think "wow that CGI is amazing" had CGI done at least partially by Weta.
Even Ego's weird fractal planet in that recent Marvel movie, I had just assumed it was some US company but apparently not.

If I lived elsewhere, there'd probably be around the same number of jobs but they'd be much more suited to me.

Did you apply?

Any opportunities for apprenticeship or smaller companies? Web dev companies seem to have a need for graphics designers.

youtube.com/watch?v=dZGg2rvyTm4

Just apply. Nothing wrong with shooting for something above what you can do. Requirements are pretty much a meme anyways, treat them as a "you'll have better chances if meet at least some of these" kind of guideline.

Graphics programming and graphics design share literally nothing in common.

It's waaaay above though.
It had like, procedural modelling and stuff.
There's a project I want to do in the future that requires that it, so I'll learn it one day, but not today.

Try anyway. Job ads are a negotiation as well as applying for a job. Some of those companies are asking for that because they'd prefer that, but are willing to train anyway.

thats a different thing you nigger

Nope it still applies

how can you be so fucking stupid?

If graphs programming is a rare skill as you say then you have a big advantage already. Also, you have to look at this from the perspective of the company; they probably want to hire you for the long term. They care a lot about whether you're a hard worker, loyal to the company and interested in what you're doing. They don't mind as much if they have to spend a while training you first.

If you show up and you say that you're interested in doing graphics programming (which you are) and that you really like their work (which you do) and that even though you don't match quite match the requirements, you're willing to work hard to be useful, then there's a good chance they'll employ you anyways so they can train you.

Remember you're dealing with humans here, not computers. There's a lot more room for negotiation and stuff like that.

Yeah it's a rare skill which means niche as fuck

Time for learning how to program lumpy vixens for the sweet sweet furry cash.