Teaching beginners web dev in my local community center (charged with community service because of reckless driving)

>teaching beginners web dev in my local community center (charged with community service because of reckless driving)
>going over the basics; HTML, a bit of CSS and JS intermingled so their pages don't look so drab
>around 15 pupils, mostly housewives, unemployed males and a few teenagers
>they mostly follow the course pretty well, I'm actually surprised of how well they had been doing
>fat girl around 17 to 19 starts complain that I'm a bad teacher because after 3 classes she can't make a "full webpage" (she was talking about making something dynamic with database access and stuff.)
>next week she's showing everyone SquareSpace and how they don't need to learn any "nerd shit" to make a beautiful website. Everyone gets distracted with it and I couldn't advance anything that day.
>sightly vexed, try to explain to her that we aren't learning square space because we're trying to learn to make websites from scratch without using 3rd party tools
>apparently she complained to the community center manager because I was a bad instructor that taught antiquated things, that I was very rude to her and blah blah blah
>if my class gets axed I'll have to pay around $2000 (I'm not from a rich country, that's my entire monthly wage) in fines or spend a week in jail

She wants the D, user.
Give to her.

should have driven better

just tell them to browse job listings and compare how many are asking for 'squarespace' experience vs. html5, javascript

don't pull over next time

honestly this OP

I'll talk to the manager tomorrow, hopefully he'll understand.

Tell her she's confusing web development with web design

I feel bad for you man. I deal with retards like this all the time, always looking for a shortcut.
It takes someone with patience to appreciate learning things the right way.
Maybe you can get the rest of the class on your side.

>fat girl around 17 to 19 starts complain
rip OP. just wait until she starts crying. they're going t double your fines and sentence.

for credibility you may also want to explain *why* companies don't hire "squarespace" """developers"""

just teach them squarespace, faggot

it's your autism or your $2k on the line

This is another alternative. Teach them whatever mindless BS they want to learn and get paid.

I know, but it genuinely makes me sad and angry this bitch ruined my class, I was having such a good progress with the older students, I mean I had late 30s housewives who had never touched a computer outside of Facebook and YouTube making such decent progress. I was about to introduce them to Python with Flask and stuff for persistence, and to get more advanced on the programming side of web dev. Now everything is at risk.

Tell her she is disruptive and that she should either take the course or leave. Then disregard her and proceed with the lessons and tell your manager about a disruptive student ahead of time.

Also, squeeze in your lectures how HTML/CSS/JS is more valuable an asset to the class than SquareSpace because people with those skills get jobs. If they want to build a website with pre-built tools, they should go get a tumblr, but if they want to make their own tools, they should learn real web development i.e. JS/HTML/CSS.

>I was about to introduce them to Python with Flask and stuff for persistence

You are a good teacher, OP. I like you.
Just go and do it anyway. Anyone with half a brain will know right away that this is the real shit. Build your own tools from others that are close to machines. There's far more potential in that than SquidSpace or whatever

>get in trouble
>try to do something good with your community service to help people
>get fucked in the ass for trying to be a good citizen
is teaching a class like that a mandatory thing or something? sounds like way too much trouble

Be my teacher OP.

you can't let people do that OP, if some shit student tries to take control of your classroom you need to shut it down FAST, otherwise they will make hell for you as you've seen

this is like the first thing they teach you if you study education, don't let people fuck up your classroom

>teaching web development

Honestly you should be jailed just for that alone. Pajeet.

>as he posts on something made by web development

Owned like a beta cuck lmao

> doesnt knows machine learning and web development is the future

k

I can't even imagine how weak your communication skills must be if your aren't able to explain this to your supervisor.

adapt.
Teach them about squarespace.
Teach them how much it costs, so they know why you are teaching them how to do things themselves.
Then pick a handful of features and make them implement that part themselves.

kek he shouldve passed the driving test though..

If you can't out logic an 18 year old fat girl and make her look like a fool in front of her peer, you deserve to go to jail. I mean the bitch loses arguments with twinkies.

Step it up.

> $2000 (I'm not from a rich country, that's my entire monthly wage)
I work 3 months for that.

Tell her to go back to shilling on youtube.

Literally this. Just explain to the poor SJW what you are about OP, you'll be fine.

>apparently she complained to the community center manager because I was a bad instructor that taught antiquated things, that I was very rude to her and blah blah blah

Seriously? This is a free course, right? Who do you think the community center values more, a tutor working for them for free or some cunt disrupting lessons?

If I were you I'd talk to the manager myself. Explain the situation, that you feel you're making good progress with some of the older students (they'll love that shit) and that you'd like some advice on how to deal with fat shill. Don't complain about her directly (never do that), just explain that you weren't prepared for the disruption and ask what you should do if it happens again.

These are easy problems if you act with confidence and understand the hierarchy you're in.

jesus christ you sound like a pussy, tell her that if she has a problem with how you're teaching the class she can fuck off.

>SquareSpace
I don't even know what's this shit.

Best thing to do is to explain why you are teaching html, css and JS and not some 3rd party tool only some hipster faggot uses and that will die in the next 2 years.

Tell this girl she is pretty young and have a lot to learn in life. If she doesn't want to follow your courses she can look somewhere else and learn by herself using online tutorial like anyone in this board have done once in their life.