Stop using Microsoft Windows

Stop using Microsoft Windows.

no

I prefer not to use a hack every time I want to play a Windows game, which most of my games are.

who dis?

varg without beard

why?

If linux wouldn't be a meme, I'd use it. (Not a meme= has games and apps, programs, is decently optimized.) Linux is a joke. It has no apps or programs, and the battery life is terrible on laptops (shit optimization) Also slower than Windows 10. (Personal experience on same hardware) Mac has few programs as well. No games. Not usable. My kids need to play games

You know, Linux would have been successful if people didn't know how to pirate.

Nah, you're just a retard.

I did back in 2013. Went from Windows 7 to Hackintosh Mavericks. Been using Hackintosh since, without a single problem.

But everything else is garbage.

Nah.

i will once support for windows 7 ceases

Why do windblows lusers cling so desperately to their ignorance?

I'll consider using Linux the day I can use it out of the box without any problems, and without having to settle down for shitty alternatives of software that I want, then and only then I'll consider using Linux, until then, Windows it is.

>inb4 'x' software not running on Linux isn't Linux's fault
I honestly don't care whose's fault is, I, as a consumer, want an OS where I don't have to mess with wine to get any software to work flawlessly.

>inb4 Windows is shit
Yes, I didn't it wasn't, but unlike Linux Windows works out of the box. If 'x' is bad doesn't mean 'y' is great.

>hurr durr brainlet
Why? I could use Linux, learning about it, wasting time reading documentation, etc. I know that I have the capacity to do so, I just can't care enough to actually waste time doing it.

there are many distros that work out of the box. Ubuntu, Linux mint, Fedora just to name a few

Actually a very sound point. Who would've thought enforcing shit would actually help kill it?

I can't be bothered to mess around with config files for something as basic as "no screen tearing".

It's funny. I find myself saying the reverse of half your points. There's an awful lot of software missing from Windows, or there's shitty knockoff software that expects payment. Many times I have to manually aquire drivers and the sources for many things are not always safe. Let's not even get me started on the creation of USB installers. Without that tool they distribute, it would be hell creating them.

About the only things I really missed have been overclocking/monitoring tools. Everything else has had an alternative or it was acceptable to abandon entirely.

You don't have to. Checkboxes have been added to do it for you in most cases.

I have an RX GPU, so it really isn't that simple.

Can't. Autodesk and DyKnow (both things I need for uni) don't play well with WINE or VMs.

no screen tearing? sudo apt-get install compton && compton (or through a gui program)
hurr durr my time is so important but shitposting is okay

Why?

tried this literally last week. Cinnamon mint. Had a 32gb usb3 stick and a 4gb stick.
mad the 4 gb stick an install stick and tried to install on the 32 gb.
doesn't work because i have windows 10 on my hdd and apperently you need to do magic to install linux while there is a uefi os installed.
and i really wanted to dick around in mint to learn as to eventually be able to switch.

From a forum thread where the poster has my GPU:
>I tried switching from Compiz to Compton and screen tearing got worse, so I am back on Compiz.
There isn't some one size fits all solution to all issues.

I don't know how shitty your gpu is but I don't have any screentearing at all. On some distros/des out of the box and on my current setup (debian xfce) compton did the job perfectly
Just try dual boot Fedora or some shit.

Its an AMD RX 480, it isn't that shitty, also:
>it werks on my machine

*machines
just try one of the distros I named before. If you have screentearing google screentearing.

Pretty sure your GPU matters much more than just distro, especially if it is newer, hence there isn't an "easy" solution for mine.

Linux doesn't only work with old GPUs. I also have a quite new GPU on my desktop (gtx 1070) and it works fine.

Nvidia proprietary drivers work pretty well, but newer AMD stuff doesn't appear in pic related for me, so it is a hassle I can't be bothered to deal with, and I'm not going to buy a new GPU. either.

>can't be bothered
stay with your bloated botnet then.

This indeed. Never understood why anyone would want to use windows 8 or 10 or whatever the fuck over 7.

Literal brainlet manchild

>your kids
Nice try.

windows cant into out of the box
>videos
>browser
>rar and 7z
>ftp
>ssh
>image editing
>office
also reboots necessary for simple changes.