Tfw you wrote some absolutely shit code because you procrastinated and had to cut a lot of corners

>tfw you wrote some absolutely shit code because you procrastinated and had to cut a lot of corners
i'm so dissapointed in myself.

>tfw I restarted my phone last night
I'm glad I did, but that doesn't mean it's worthy to make a thread on Sup Forums

code is tech related. computers are actually technology.

Okay. Uh
>tfw I wrote code that didn't compile
Feels bad, but that still does not warrant a thread, much like yours

You know what? fuck this guy, OP. Bumped.

just make it closed source

people will find out what i did. something will break. i'll get blacklisted for sure.

I do that all the time at work.
"Will that blow up before I ship? - likely."
half a year later: obscure bug occured. find comment stating
// TBD rewrite

Until now, none of our clients complained.
And they effectively pay twice for the code

your'e right, let's make another watch thread instead :)

>Doesn't matter because I would've wrote shit code anyways
What up now ;_;?

I do this all the time :^)

if it works, it's good. you can always change on the next revision :^)

Fucking shitters. Do you realize how much time is spent dealing with bugs in your code?

A bad programmer John made a mistake in the code, due to which every user of the program was forced to spend an average of 15 minutes to find a work around the problem. There were 10 million members. In total they wasted 150 million minutes = 2.5 million hours. If a person sleeps 8 hours a day, then 16 hours are left for the conscious activity. That is, John has destroyed 156,250 man-days ≈ 427.8 person-years. The average man lives 64 years, so John had killed as many as 6.68 people.
How do you sleep at night, John The Serial Programmer?

why should i care for other people's lifes when i'm dead inside?

don't worry user I do this for literally every single assignment and never learn or improve at all
you don't need to be the best
you just need to be better than me...

it's optimization of a different kind.

I often write shit code that will run in 5mins if optimizing it to run near instantly will take a couple of hours.

As long as it is not something you use all the time, it's better off this way.

I'm sadistic and this is my fetish

>don't worry user I do this for literally every single assignment and never learn or improve at all
>never learn or improve at all
i actually want to be good at this programming thing. i do have an interest in it im just a fucking bum

>tfw never completed any worthwhile projects because brainlet/lazy/lack of attention span

if there was a project I was interested in and could contribute to I would but I don't know any or how to find them or how to contribute to them so I'll just be mediocre for a little while longer...

>perfect project comes along
>mediocre skillset and rusty practices
>writes shit code
please practice user. it may be too late for me but you can still get better. when the perfect project comes along you have to be ready

I don't want to fail you user...I will try to not be such a piece of shit.

This is why pajeets are replacing us. I do the same thing.