Fresh install on a new SSD

>fresh install on a new SSD

whew, THIS is how a normie to Unix power user's computer should be. if you disagree with the Unix power user part, you're just not elite enough

Aside from APFS, have they added anything cool to it?

Wtf is a power user?

A user that is connected to a power supply

like a programmer who develops for unix but not specifically for mac

Remember to report advertisement threads

I have a fresh SSD but no mac OS
rather unfortunate

someone who grunts on every click

Apple power user is someone who can post more than the average amount of Instagram pictures of his pumpkin latte per day. Also Facebooking how Apple is so great for REAL work and then go back to making terrible frog memes. Anything that's productive and benefits the society is strictly forbidden in Apple EULA.

I can imagine it's something like a buff motherfucker who exerts the energy to click on amazon links with his dick

iktf, where does one get a vanilla iso of osx? is that even how it works?

From the app store. You can download and create some USB installer from there. Which is also a requirement if you want to hackintosh properly.

but i dont have an app store

Besides that i only noticed flac support in finder or afplay
get a mac.
or ask someone with a mac
or make a virtual machine with osx

Ok

Step one: Torrent some Sierra virtual machine
Step B: Open said virtual machine
Step 3: Create an account on the apple, not inside the machine since it's slow as shit
Step 4: Create that USB installer from the virtual machine and use shit like clover or something just google it
Step 5: Realize your AMD processor is an AMD processos and you can't install

flac support in finder? Does that mean iTunes finally has flac support? That's at least one step (out of another several hundred they have to take) towards a better OS and software, so good on em.

Now if only pages could select multiple sections of text

nope, not itunes. it still doesn't load flacs. you can click on the tiny little play buttons in finder and use quick look feature too.
anyway cmus>itunes acme/troff>pages

Oh. That's kind of stupid really.

For what purpose

>See announcement for iOS flac support
>Check iTunes to see if it supports FLAC
>Still nothing
>Go back to using abandonware created in 2011
The state of lossless playback on Mac

>No GUI
Yeah nah I'll stick to Enqueue senpai, that shit looks like it barely works with a few tracks let alone a 500GB music library.

that's literally a gui innit

A horribly shit one.
Why even bother creating something so shit when you could use the default MacOS sytling for software?

Why is Sup Forums filled with apple retards?

Lots of devs post on Sup Forums, Macs are comfy dev machines user.

No they're not. No one that isnt retarded uses macs for programming. Worthless web devs BTFO

>who is rob pike

I've found it to be quite the contrary

Nearly all the contractor devs I've worked with use Macs, none of them pay full price and claim back tax and depreciation. We have full stacks that will only use Macs too.

Yes they are.

>tfw upgrade my hackintoshed sierra machine to high sierra and it performs far better in new version
Maybe people wont notice it when they use SSD as their main boot partition, but the perform is significantly better when using HDD as the main boot partition.

Should i do a fresh install on my 2011 MBP? I don't even have an SSD and I'm afraid it will break stuff like Troikatronix Isadora, Arturia AnalogLab or other stuff.

Not really, if you don't count the Safari improvements. Although Metal 2 (I think) did boost the battery life for me by 2-3h hours.

Weird, their empathised how much it was aimed at modern technologies, but the speed benefits on SSD seem pretty non existent.

I run Sierra hackintosh, should I upgrade right from the OS or should I fresh install since it has APFS?

Isn't that still in beta?

Yeah I thought it wouldn't perform THAT good in my hackintosh. It doesn't happen with SSD because it seems APFS isn't good to use yet.
High sierra is likely a polished sierra it seems.

If you use SSD, your partition will automatically be converted to APFS whether you upgrade or do fresh install.

Came out exactly 7 days ago