Will 32gb of ram my computer run smoother ? I have 16 right now...

Will 32gb of ram my computer run smoother ? I have 16 right now. Windows 10 when i start up my computer its a shit show takes, forever and goes in slow,motion until its ready. What,will fix,that ? I dont want to get a ssd cause i dont want to re install my os . also its,not even that,many programs its,trying to,start,at,the begining windows 10 might,just be,shit . im using a i7 7700 and a 1070 ,

install gentoo

weak bait

With those specs you should be doing better than the majority of users here. Get a SSD. Reinstalling is pretty quick these days. I'd also use Windows 7 instead.

Honestly can't tell if this is bait. It's always bait, isn't it. It's got to be bait.

Enjoy your ban OP.

Basically idiot proof.

RAM upgrade won't fix boot times.
>I dont want to get a ssd cause i dont want to re install my os
You do not have to. (google it)

So i can transfer everything if i get a ssd ? Are you sure this will work

solder a stick of ram to the registers on your cpu. CPU memory is much faster so your computer will be blazing fast

I mean its just cancer windows 7 was better.

i have 32gb of ram. Primarily was for vm's but i dont really use it that much. it was just super cheap so i upgraded.

I have two PCs, one with 8 and one with 32 GB ram. both have pretty much the same boot time. both run Win 10 LTSB, have only necessary programs (preferably portable) and SSDs.
it's usually a myriad of unneeded background tasks which slow things down. also, get an SSD.

Only 64Gb can save you

Absolutely not. 8gb is all you need for now.

That's what shitty RAM does to you, you should've went for the better stuff. It really makes a difference.

Alternatively,

I have almost the same specs as you but a 120gb Samsung ssd as boot drive.
Window still lags when booting.

Can't you just put your computer to sleep more often instead of shutting it off?

I think uninstalling some programs that boot on start might improve start up lag but idk.

hmmm... I shouldn't have bought that GPU and CPU since all you need is some good RAM.

I'll use this thread to ask: If I'm getting blue screens and each one of them points to something else, can I be sure that the problem lies in bad RAM?

Absolutely. Get good, high quality Italian RAM. It's much better than German RAM.

Yes gay lord I've done it many times successfully

Indexing is eating up your hard disk bandwith. Disable it to get better performance, and upgrade to an SSD if you want even better performance. 4 gigs of RAM should be enough to make win10 fly.