Do you read EULAs?

Do you read EULAs?

Other urls found in this thread:

tosdr.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=fm9JIojVvRg
youtube.com/watch?v=PrajM-aG4tc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Of course. You have to be a fucking idiot to accept the EULA without reading it.

This.

Is it true it's not legally binding in Europe?

You havĂȘ to be a fucking idiot to accept the EULA after reading it.

You have to go back.

fuck no, I dont even respect or follow real laws, why would I follow fake ones?

>havĂȘ
Based kurd

If you don't respect laws, you should really read EULAs.

This EULAs is for worthless cu.cks. Only scared virgin sissies read that shit and takes anything there seriously.

Be like lawyer Chad and recognizes its uselessness as a non-binding soup of meaningless letters.

Why?

So I can "find out" that I dont actually own the software, am just licensed it, can only use it on devices I own, the publisher can collect and do what they want with my data, my "license" can be terminated whenever, the EULA can be changed whenever, that I will be prosecuted to the "full extent of the law" (makes me lol even typing that), etc, etc, etc?

Its all the same shit and all essentially meaningless unless I'm ripping off publisher's software and selling it as my own. Which I wouldn't do because Im not a hack. Why would I was 15 minutes of my life reading something that doesn't matter and doesn't change 99% of the time?

If I was being sued by some company, or was a lawyer representing a company or someone being sued by said company, then ya I'd probably read the EULA, but other than that why bother? I get that this whole thread is basically OP trying his hardest to dance around the privacy issues without actually saying it, because Sup Forums is a bunch of tinfoil hat wearing weirdos, but if I was really worried about my "privacy" (again, can't even type that with a straight face), I'd unplug my router, throw my computer in the oven, microwave my phone and move to the middle of the woods

it's true

it doesnt have a signature on it and it isn't law, so it's meaningless

>ya
retard spottet
stopped reading there

its a good thing you stopped reading 3/4 of the way through my post. Im glad I didnt waste your time

I use tosdr.org/

Then how can GPL be legally binding? I didn't sign shit

It's really a copyright notice, not a contract.

Oh, ok. I'll just keep using GPL code in my proprietary software. It's not like I'm stealing anything, I'm merely copying and pasting the text.

You're breaking copyright laws, but no, you're not stealing. The original creators still have their code.
You can't "steal" software.

I have a script that sends random clicks to the mouse. After a few hours I come back and the program has installed without me clicking through the EULA.

MS & Adobe BTFO

No, theyre not legally binding anyway.

>dickdickgo
>doesn't store your information
FALSE.
Someone post the image to stroke my ego

Theres absolutely nothing legally binding about EULAs.

Its like getting a pre-nup. They're worthless.

You can steal the license to use said software

Just because it's not a contract doesn't mean it doesn't have terms of use. A license (as expressed in the EULA) is merely expressing what rights are reserved and how they are applied based on Copyright Law. Anything else is non-binding.

By copying and pasting like that you are not stealing, you are infringing copyright law, for which there can be civil and criminal consequences. You don't have to sign a physical contract to agree. The EULA is merely a formal medium of communication and your acceptance is tacit.

That makes no legal sense at all.

>This triggers the armchair lawyers

youtube.com/watch?v=fm9JIojVvRg

>mfw EULAs aren't binding contracts in EU but they are in the US.

HWAT? Iz det legit?

Q: What do you get when you cross the godfather with a EULA?

A: An offer you don't understand.

>it doesnt have a signature on it and it isn't law
LOL no

>unironically using software with eula

>as he posts on Sup Forums.com

>implying dmca policy and eula is the same thing

youtube.com/watch?v=PrajM-aG4tc

FPBP

EULAs are nonbinding unenforceable clauses.
So no.