comfy edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=cf5f_sku_3blk
unikeyboard.io/product/diverge-tm/),
hyperxgaming.com/us/keyboards/alloy-fps-mechanical-gaming-keyboard
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=629
kbdfans.myshopify.com/products/pre-orderkbdfans-5-60-case?variant=43337028429
amazon.com/MechanicalEagle-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-Replaceable/dp/B01I1N6N3U/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1483634430&sr=8-33&keywords=mechanical keyboard&linkCode=sl1&tag=keydeal-20&linkId=465fdb0f30f3bbbd48ec73ca013abe26
amazon.com/gp/product/B016MAK38U/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AXZ7TDMJNMJSZ&th=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dont think you can.

2nd for cute boys with cute keyboards

What happened to /mkg/?

3rd for cute keyboard

I don't even get the prices of these things, that looks like shit

What kind of stabilizer is this? Am I fucked if I want to install custom keycaps?

Yes you are fucked

You would have to do some heavy modding in order to use normal spacebars, but thats up to you

If they're both plate mounted, do hand wired switches feel different compared to pcb soldered switches? And does plate material really make a difference in feel?

I've been using this since 2010, how do you guys feel?

The funniest part is even after spending 450 bucks you still have to cover shipping costs for a 2oz piece of plastic

How often do you put the gun in your mouth then pussy out?

I'm here dudes.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just commission some starving artfag to make one for you?

Phew, I was getting worried for a moment

I've been using this is 2001
How do you feel about it?

I'd say, about 4 times a year, sometimes all in the same week.

I have the same keyboard! If I remember to post when I get home from work. DYNEX BROS REPORT IN

You do realize this is all money laundering. You can get those exact keycaps for 30 bucks. If you think people really pay that much for an artisan cap you're retarded

You don't have too. Just wait for them to release a new set
elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=cf5f_sku_3blk

I have that shit.
Everything for my left pinky always stuck and took too much effort to push down. Shift, A, Q were always late to use. Made it garbage for games but I used to scoff at the idea of spending $80+ for a keyboard. That tune quickly changed once I realized it was killing my hand with extended typing.

I'm so glad I got mech.

I still type 90+ WPM, and have been actively gaming, FPS, MMO's, whatever the fuck with it for years.

No pain in my game.

Glad I'm not some bitch-wrist twink fag boi.

>just found my KBT Pure I bought in 2013 and thought I had lost
>can't find the cable
What do
I can't find cables being sold individually on amazon.

Just use your smart phone cable, or get a seperate one on amazon. They do exist

It's not the same as my smart phone cable. What is this kind of connector called?

That looks like USB type mini-B to me.

Thanks user

Retard question, but what is the advantage of a mechanical keyboard? I have some shit keyboard I got for free with my PC and want to upgrade.

>what is the advantage of a mechanical keyboard
you can post pictures of your cute mechanical keyboard here

I can't decide between Realforce 45g vs 55g. Which one do you recommend?

>Budget
~$60 maybe more
>Location (continent at least)
Virginia
>Preferred switch type
Cherry Blue
>Layout
Ansi
>Form factor
Full size
>Backlight
RGB because he's a gay fag

Looked at the Redragon K551 VARA but I'm pretty sure I could get better chink shit with gaterons

neither

>I'll be young forever
It'll catch up to you. It always does.

I have never tried 55g, 45g is very tactile but about as light as you would expect. I've heard that 55g is more tactile than 45g but I do find that hard to imagine.

tfw 21 and have fucked hands already

reeee

gimi your paypal i send you a donation

>Budget
70 dollaridoos
usa
>Form factor
no numpad
>Backlight
optional
>Previous/current keyboards
0 experience

gherkin with brown switches

Hey laugh all you want those two chubby savants are responisble for half of (((Trump)))'s electoral votes

crippled

I thought they make quality boards lmao!

Aesthetics, feels good to type on compared to non-mechanical and it's really hard to go back to them. You can type quicker and also play games better if that is your thing.

Look here

Red Dragon Kumara K552.
Chinkshit masterrace.
Cherry green equivalents, pretty decent quality (1 month, over 300,000 strokes on it already.)

For some reason is seems that some keys are microscopically easier to click, and although it's not a big deal, and expected when dealing with chink shit, it still rustles my autism.
Does anyone else have a problem with some identical switches feeling different?

Are razor greens and cherry greens the same thing?

As far as I know, yes.
But by feel, although mine is advertised as "cherry green equivalents", they really feel like blues, and look like blues.

No. I can't remember Razer's colour meanings right now, but they only make blue clones, brown clones and red clones.

>Budget
Cheap as possible while its what im looking for
South America
>Preferred switch type
silent, soft, for gaming
>Layout
No preferences, as long as it is in english
>Form factor
Tenkeyless or 60%

I have a Blackwidow Chroma (was the only RGB mechanical i could find in my country) for the last 2 years. Im looking for a keyboard like pic relatered.
I really liked the fullsize but i feel the keyboard its too big, also i got tired of the RGB.
My gf have a G6v2 and the keys are way softer and nicer than mine.

Are there any chink-shit split keyboards? I've been looking at split keyboards lately (in particular the Diverge TM 2 unikeyboard.io/product/diverge-tm/), but my budget is tight right now and I'd like to try out the concept with something a little cheaper.

spilled milk on my keyboard and I think there's some stuck inside some switches, is it possible to remove them?
I have a meme Logitech 710+ (brown switches). Pretty sure I shorted a couple LEDs but that's fine, I just want my keyboard back

KBP V60 with Matias QC

I just want something quiet and cheap. Is it possible?

$5 rubber dome

1. disassemble entire board & remove keycaps
2. desolder all effected switches & attached LEDs
(note: to remove the switches after desoldering them, press in the tabs shown in pic related)
3. clean or replace them
4. Assess the damage of the keyboard generally, and go through usual board spill cleaning process
6. resolder cleaned or replaced switches

Or just cut the loss and buy a new, better board

No num pad
No extended keys
No function keys

It's literally cancer tie keyboard

Have the same one, I think it's even older, like ~2007 maybe.

I just want an aesthetical keyboard

where are u from? i'm from argentina and i dont know where can i get a keeb like that

Every time I see a post like this, I marvel at the fact that there are people who get mad or even annoyed at how other people with different needs would choices different keyboard layouts than theirs.
I mean, you people care about that?

Any word on this one? I am looking for a cheap cherry switch keyboard with backlight, i don't game that much but i sometimes type a lot...membrane keyboards are f*cking useless and uther trash.hyperxgaming.com/us/keyboards/alloy-fps-mechanical-gaming-keyboard

Is the Masterkeys Pro series underrated?

I've had mine for a month now with blues and it's seriously nice and great build quality. And it's definitely got the best RGB I've ever seen on a board.

it's not underrated at all, it's pretty popular actually. Though if I were to get a Masterkeys I would just get the non-pro since it has PBT keycaps that don't get greasy

Only by normies who are convinced Razer and Corsair are the best

Mech enthusiasts rate it appropriately

They don't get greasy really. Mine are a nice matte finish.

>he doesn't know
Well see you in six months

Any good 60% cases to match the Yuri keycaps?

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=629

kbdfans.myshopify.com/products/pre-orderkbdfans-5-60-case?variant=43337028429

Im from Chile, there are some stores that ship to south america, I dont remember which ones but they're on the links in the first post

those are some retarded designed keycaps.
>hey let's make ridges on every single keycap
>but you use ridges on F and J
>fuck that put ridges on every single cap and every cap will be F or J

Ctrl / F Ducky 0/0

Yeah a thin metal plate without a pcb acts as a kind of spring, since there is no rigid body that youre pressing against.

kind of nice

no clue if plate material makes a difference, ive only built one board in aluminum

correct answer is an fc660c

i like my 45g because of fingerfatigue

>Budget
100 bucks
>location
USA
>form factor
Media buttons, don't give a shit about a numpad. Also, a USB passthrough.
>Backlight
White, or RGB, I'm so fucking sick of red.
>Previous/current
Previous was a K70
current is an Amazon basics® because I'm a fucking mongoloid and don't put my lid back on my drink.

Please help

>playing a game while using my programmable keyboard
>using caps lock which windows registers as f13 for ptt as usual
>mid sentence it stops being recognised
>realise it's acting as the control key all of a sudden
>try ctrl
>it's now f13
>check keymap, says caps lock is still caps lock and ctrl is still ctrl
>swap them in firmware
>says bottom right key is now caps lock but still functions as ctrl and caps lock key is ctrl but still functions as caps lock
What the fuck just happened lads

>Media buttons, usb passthrough
Pretty much only gamer shit lel.

gmk laser WHEN

There has only been one person asking for a recommendation and their budget was well below ducky.

You serious? Seems plausible desu

I got out my old Ducky Shine 4 to use again. I custom lit my WASD keys, but for some reason my J key is lit. I can't for the life of me remember how to turn off individual lit keys, and there's no online guides in English I've found. Can anyone give me a quick rundown as how to turn the J light off?

I have a razer black widow I got from a friend but now I want something new.
Want:
-at least 5 macro buttons
-cherry red(also want to add dampeners)
-backlit (doesn't have to be rgb)
what's a good keyboard?

lmao literally just managed to do it right after typing this, ignore this

>Budget

£170

>Location

^ see currency

>Form factor

100%

>Backlight

RGB preferably

>Previous/current

Some "V" something from massdrop, a TKL with cherry blues, they were far too loud for my liking and I didn't like the feel of them that much, it was KIA just recently via lemonade spillage.

Also a Poker 2 with cherry blacks which were too hard to type on for extended periods of time. It is fun for a while but the novelty wears off pretty quick and I just use it if I am travelling someone now because I refuse to use other people's filthy keyboards.

Honestly these $30 chink mechanicals are pretty good. You can even turn off the ricey LEDs

Fucking Sup Forums in charge of image orientation

kewl effects though

Which one is better for poorfag like me?

amazon.com/MechanicalEagle-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-Replaceable/dp/B01I1N6N3U/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1483634430&sr=8-33&keywords=mechanical keyboard&linkCode=sl1&tag=keydeal-20&linkId=465fdb0f30f3bbbd48ec73ca013abe26
amazon.com/gp/product/B016MAK38U/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AXZ7TDMJNMJSZ&th=1

Its nice, but Ducky is better on pretty much every aspect. Better keycaps, no rubberized crappy case, better macro / layer system, etc. Still a pretty decent board tho.

Soon™

No. Razer greens are like Cherry blues, except the Razer switches have a slightly shorter actuation distance. Cherry green switches are a heavier version of the blue switch.

Is Filco deprecated?

Filco is shit value compared to Varmilo and Leopold.

Had the same1 but got rekt and had to replace. I still have it on mx basement.

But what if you're not poor?

Korean Customs

Just get a programmable keyboard of your choice. Ducky and cooler master are popular brands that have programmable keyboards in multiple flavors

autism tier keyboard

It's so ugly I love it

>Ducky
I was thinking of getting a Ducky One so I just program the keys instead of macros?