Open Source Alternative

Photoshop has a strong free competitor in GIMP, but what is the open source alternative for Final Cut Pro?

Other urls found in this thread:

blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why would you need a FOSS alternative for shit?
I guess Kdenlive works

they're all shit and toys compared to FCPX. I tried them all. I then just installed a hackintosh and stopped wasting my time one everything else.

GIMP is shit. Krita is closer to being a replacement to PS than GIMP is.

For video editing: Openshot.

Da Vinci Resolve

if you are editing video that requires final cut then you would be a fucking idiot to use foss for it. majority of it all including gimp is wank...

It's not a project that requires FCPX.

I figured as long as I needed to teach myself how to edit video, I might as well use a software suite that's good enough to get by for awhile, rather than grabbing something randomly today and needing to re-learn how to navigate a different interface if I ever wanted to get into it more seriously.

Course I'd probably just get FCPX at that point...

1.) You're literally fucking gay.
2.) See # 2.

Resolve.

Blender. It's actually good for more than just running benchmarks.

What sort of stuff can fcpx do that's so unique to it? Is it really the standard for video editing?

Blender is good for some stuff but I don't think its ever been used for much past its mesh features.

Seconding blender, though you'll probably do a lot more work to get to the same thing with the libre tools. Still very functional.

It's hard to find a good professional open source alternative to Final Cut Pro, but DaVinci Resolve is a post production suite actually used in Hollywood, it's free-beer and works on Linux.

blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

What's the point of free beer software honestly?

to prop up support based business models with none of the philosophy attached to libreians.

are you fucking retarded? its so poorfags can use it

Yet time and time again open source models are still profitable if done right.
Providing tech support and ease of use seems to be the way to making oss profitable.

No u

For free-as-in-freedom, Shotcut is probably the best option you've got.

Free-as-in-beer opens you up to Hitfilm, Lightworks, and Da vinci Resolve

i couldnt get shotcut/openshot to even run. MLT a shit.

Lightworks is good but you have to pay to use its full features.

When was the last time you bought FOSS support service?

Ardour.

not that guy but I mostly give to charities/etc that support FOSS.

Cinelerra is an option. But Resolve is the tits when it comes to color grading.