ITT describe (realistically) what you want in your dreamphone

ITT describe (realistically) what you want in your dreamphone.

I'll start:
>5.7" 1440x2560 display
>microsd card slot
>headphone jack
>removable battery
>no rounded corners/curved screen edge
>fingerprint scanner on back
>SD625 (or any 600 series SoC)
>4gb ram
>3000+ mAh battery
>in the body of a moto x pure

I really feel like this isn't too much to ask for, but for some reason it's literally impossible to find a phone like this at any pricepoint.
Basically I just want a moto Sup Forums 5+ with a better/larger screen, and in the body of an X pure. That shouldn't even be too expensive.

I just want modern specs in this 4s

iPhone SE but with rooted Android.

I want something that respects my freedom and my privacy.

once that's taken care of, I want a physical keyboard and a removable battery. I don't really give much of a shit how fast the CPU is or how much RAM it has.

I just want a damn phone with decent specs that won’t feel like it’s going to snap in half due to its giant size when I put it in my pocket.

They make phone screens way too fucking big now.

The perfect Sup Forums approved phone:
>4.5-5 inch screen
>removable battery and sdcard slot
>stock android or support for ROMs
>headphone jack
>at least 3 gigahertz of RAM, or at least the support to download more later if needed

Why is there no manufacturers except slant eyed gook bastards who make this? SAD!

>except slant eyed gook bastards
Not even them or else i would have one already.

S4 with Full aluminum body
3gb ram
3000+ mAh battery

LG V30 with S-Pen

what's your problem with ios?

5" screen
Slimmest possible bezels (so it's as small as possible)
No front facing camera
No fingerprint scanner (or any other kind of scanner)
mSD slot
Removable battery
Most efficient possible SoC
Biggest possible battery
Carbon fiber body

not him, but it's much more restrictive in terms of customization, adblocking, installation of third party apps, etc.

Doesn't most of that get solved by jailbreaking it?

just give me a blackberry that doesn't suck, 2007 was the end of phones

>I want something that respects my freedom and my privacy
I said realistic user

+ stock android, no slow Samsung updates

No buttons, no headphone plug, and a big ass notch and anything else we can slip in to fuck with developers and mobile UI design

4.5"
1080p
4GB RAM
32GB memory, OS doesn't take more than 1-2GB
whatever CPU runs nice and cool and sips power
battery that lasts an entire week on a single charge
t9 physical keyboard
phone material isn't some kind of glassy/plastic bullshit that cracks if you drop it from half a foot off the ground
pre-rooted so I have full control over everything installed, it doesn't come with botnets or spyware
basic waterproofing so it can survive short immersion in water
lots of sensors
less than $200

But not all of it

5.5-6"
>MicroSD
>Headphone Jack
>Removable Battery
>Minimal Bezels (not completely gone)
>Stereo Speakers
>Fingerprint on back
>4-6GB RAM
>3000+ mAh
>Project Fi compatible
>Moto Mods compatible

Jailbreaking is still a thing as long as you haven't updated to the latest version of the OS, and after having used iOS for more than a year I can say that I haven't really missed much of that highly touted "customization" that Android has always been known for.

On the other hand, I enjoy far superior built-in apps like Safari, Notes, iMessage, Camera, Apple Music, a bunch of PDA tools like Calculator, Calendar, etc., and nifty mac specific features like Handoff and Siri.

If I were to build a dream phone out of the iPhone SE (I own one currently), I would just up the RAM to 3GB or 4GB, increase the storage to 128GB or 256GB, use a bezel-less design to get a 5-inch screen onto its current small-size body, and run iOS 11. Oh, and yeah, I'll keep the headphone jack.

Oneplus x remade

Stereo speakers on front

A bit smaller bezels with buttons on them.

1080p oled.

micro sd

6GB Ram

Water/dust resistance.

W.e latest cpu is.

3500mAH battery

Dual camera meme with no camera bump.

Fingerprint on back.

Headphone jack with decent dac.

I've never owned an iPhone, in what ways is android more customizable?

I've never owned an iPhone, in what ways is android more customizable?

forgot to add postnumber

think Windows for your phone except Android is better at it than Windows

Xiaomeme Mix 2, but with a headphone jack. That's it, basically.

>5.9" display or close with the horizontal width of a 5.5" display
>nobezels
>4000 mAh battery
>same size as S7 Edge
>6GB RAM, 128 GB storage
>SD card slot
>fingerprint scanner under display or on back
>performance of a Pixel
>but with a headphone jack
>Pixel-tier or better camera
>actual sapphire display like the HTC U11 so it doesn't scratch

>I’ll keep the headphone jack
Faggot.
Fo’realsies tho, Siri > any companion while driving or whatever, handoff is nice af, and whyyyyy is safari so goddamn good? Calculator and calendar could be slightly better IMO, but meh.
Full UI customization, vs almost no UI customization on iPhone.

I want
>1080p oled
>5.5 inch tall without bezels
>Flat canvas back
>smooth to touch
>high quality latest Sony camera sensor
>3200mh battery.

It will never be made.

You can replace the stock Launcher on Android with any number of third party alternatives. You can even get a Google-made Launcher called Google Now which has certain niceties. The use of these launchers allows you to change the home screen menu options, icons and icon sizes, fonts, font sizes, widgets, wallpapers, screensavers, etc. You can also change the stuff on the Notification bar if you want to. But apart from that, I actually think that's pretty much nothing else of note. I'm a phone reviewer so every time there's a new phone I fall in love with, I need to re-do the Launcher and themes and everything all over again, and I realized it's all just pointless bullshit. It's like using Rainmeter to deck out your stupid Windows XP installation. It's still a shitty OS -- Android -- underneath.

I got the iPhone SE and never looked back.

>wants to get rid of headphone jack
>calls other people faggots
Yeah Keep Yourself Safe m8

>5.2 1080p ips display
>Snapdragon 625 or equivalent next gen
>3 or 4gb ram
>64gb+micro SD
>Removable battery
>Fingerprint scanner on the back
>Stock or close to stock Android
>IR blaster

A premium body would be nice but plastic/rubber wouldn't be a deal breaker

If a company would make that I'd buy it in a second.

OnePlus 4 Body
AMOLED display
Samsung Note 8 Camera (OIS)
3500-4000mAh (might need to be thicker but its worth it)
OnePlus one battery cover and speakers

> It's still a shitty OS -- Android -- underneath.
What is your problem with Android? I notice a lot of hate for android on this board.

You aren't part of the Sup Forums in crowd if you don't hate on...
Android
Microsoft
AMD
Bonus points if you are an unbathed virgin NEET and own any variation of a chink pad with a linux distro and a huge chink cartoon collection.
Get with it man!

>I notice a lot of hate for android on this board.
Are you new? I'm actually surprised I haven't been flamed yet. So far I have been correct in assuming I can say what I really feel about Android and iOS in this particular thread.

I don't hate Android, I just tried to keep it simple for my previous comment. But having used literally every single flagship from all major brands and a lot of their cheaper models, I can tell you it's a major clusterfuck behind the scenes. Google really isn't doing enough and it cannot ever do enough to keep up with things.

Meanwhile, Apple has full control of the OS and while it does have some major missteps, on the whole iOS is still miles ahead of Android, in terms of integration, security, privacy, basic features, etc. It also goes well with macOS, which can't be said of Android with ChromeOS or Windows.

Apple and iOS are far from perfect but I think this combo is still better than any one of the hundreds of Android OEMs in existence and the dozens of flavors of Android OS that are out today.

dream phone would:
- be able to run real desktop linux apps (real terminal, IDEs, etc)
- allow me to install any or multiple operating systems to it
- have physical kill switches for things like camera, radio, wifi, mic
- connect to a monitor to run a full linux distro
- be at a normal-ish price (~$600)

oh i described

Small (

1. shitty wakelocks that drain battery and that google refuses to do anything about.
2. more and more "android" features actually being part of the google play services botnet and not AOSP
3. Devices are left without updates after 1-2 years
4. Google seems to be more concerned with adding new emojis in android rather than improving any kind of performance/stability issues.

Dual speakers (top and bottom, centered)
Camera w/ no bump w/ some kind of stabilisation, no front facing camera
1440x2560 minimum, OLED
Rubberized back a la moto maker soft rubber
Textured power button
Minimal software changes to stock android except for optimization purposes
Top of the line cpu
MicroSD support
USB-C
Unremovable battery is fine as long as I can get 10hrs screen on time with reasonable settings (wifi plus medium brightness)
Scratchproof, shatterproof screen
Metal body, aluminum is ok
Might be asking too much but slideout keyboard

Basically, combine the droid 4 and droid turbo 2 and add some stuff

Yea, i'm new. I've only owned a galaxy S3 before and got the Honor 8 a couple days ago. I basically only used it for making phonecalls and using WhatsApp so i never really noticed how cancer google services/playstore actually are. Is that not the case with iPhones? Kinda regret getting the Honor 8 instead of the iphoneSE (same price).

4.5"
3000+ mah removable battery
SD card slot
2 - 3 GB RAM
Aluminum
Great n sharp camera

And thats it. I hat big ass phones, and i want one that can last me 3 days of mid use.

Oneplus X was sexy as fuck. Would be nice to see a next gen OnePlus lineup with the usual flagship and a smaller one like the X.

Hell yeah, exactly this. I'd like a removable battery as well, but I've never had a water-resistant phone so maybe it's a nicer feature than I give it credit for.

4.2" bezelless.
2500mah battery.
64GB storage, no sd card.
Waterproof.
Headphone jack of course.
SD845, 6GB RAM.
Glass front and back with steel frame.

Oh wow, yeah you fucked up. If they were the same price you truly made a colossal fuck up.

The Honor 8 is already obsolete when you bought it, meanwhile my iPhone SE is going to get iOS updates well until 2020. And the build quality on it with the aluminum body and glass antenna covers on the top and bottom put the Honor's to shame.

The call quality, the speaker quality, the network reception, the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth performance, the display quality, all better with the iPhone SE. Why did you even buy the Honor 8 at all? It has no real redeeming features except perhaps for the price. It's made by a fucking router and telecom infrastructure company (Huawei), whose claim to fame is a series of phones with a branded (Leica) camera on it, obtained only through a huge partnership deal between them.

I haven't even mentioned the problem of the app store with the terrible experience -- in terms of size of apps, number of updates, general lack of policing, and the absolute low quality in general.

The built-in apps are also so old that they might as well be in Android 4.4 KitKat at this point. That's right, everything you can do on your Android right now was a thing on phone's like 2-3 years old. Meanwhile the iPhone SE is just getting the new Control Center, only Force Touch is absent because of the hardware limits.

I'm a simple man either a Pixel XL 2 with a headphone jack and a SD card slot. Plus something like 256gb storage and 6gb ram. A lot of mainline phones seem solid but won't get constant updates cause lolandroid

go away tim

That would be great.

>iPhone 8 body
> iPhone 8 internals
> thick enough so there’s no camera bump
> extra thickness adds bigger battery
> 3500 mAh at least
> highest quality DAC
> 1280p screen
> so there’s a bump in resolution at least a bit

This commercial brought to you by:
Applel© We know you idiots will buy anything with our logo on it.

A phone that doesn't hurt my hands playing games in landscape mode. Maybe I just need a rubber case...it's a 6in screen

Don't know much about phones. I thought, damn the Honor 8 is the best rated phone on Amazon and is 50 bucks off right now, might as well get it.

I know this isn’t realistic but I want a processor with the power of a human brain (20 petaflops), all day battery life, and a 4-inch screen

>less than 200
Kek, it could as well cost 600$ and still be a great deal just because of the battery (assuming it is not the size of a brick)

For a burner phone I might consider one, but as a daily driver I would never consider one. Especially if I'm going to use it for a long while.

If I'm tight on funds sure I'd get it, but since I really know what I need and want, I decided on the iPhone SE. Even now I can't really switch up to any iPhone 7 or later models because the SE is the one that I really wanted and still do. If it was one of your options you should have gotten it instead. I assume you're a professional and not a NEET like the majority of Sup Forums. If you get the chance, go ahead and get it still and either sell or chalk that Honor 8 up as a loss. You won't regret it.

Keep Yourself Safe friends

Since the old 5th series like the 5c have been pruned the SE is now the lowest hanging fruit on apples tree, don't expect it to see iOS 12.

don't listen to that guy.
He's either a shill or a diehard fanboy. his post contained no actual information (just said the iphone is better in terms of x y and z) and he didn't back any of his claims up at all.

Just from comparing the two phones on gsmarena I can tell you the honor 8 has a superior screen to surface area ratio (72.5% vs 60.8%).
The screen is also better on the honor 8, with a ppi of 423 vs the SE's of only 326.
As far as performance goes, I can't comment because I don't know but it is probably safe to assume the SE pulls ahead there.
The honor has a microsd card slot of up to 256gb expandable storage, whereas the SE has no expandable options.
Not to mention that the honor 8 has a much larger battery and superior battery life.

:^)

yeah I fucked up, maybe 2019 would be the last year of iOS updates for the SE, and that's being optimistic

4 inch phone, flagship chipset and microsd slot with pajeet os..

It has same chipset with iphone 6S...

For sure it will receive update with iphone 6s

>6" screen, 1080p is fine and no more than 1440p, 16:9 aspect ratio because I'm not a manlet that needs skinny&tall
>true bezel-less, no front facing camera because who ever uses the front facing camera? people always use the rear even for selfies because it's better quality
>headphone jack, microSD slot, removable battery
>consistent thickness, the entire body will be as thick as the thickest component, none of this 7mm body with 10mm camera lens shit
>stock android with no protected apps, if I want to remove all the "Google Play X" apps I don't use I should be able to

kek

Size: 4.0 inches
Resolution: 1280x720
Protection: Shatterproof (Motorola)
DISPLAY Type: AMOLED
PLATFORM OS: Android 8.1
CHIPSET: Snapdragon 660*
MEMORY Card slot: MicroSD (up to 256GB)
INTERNAL Memory: 256GB, 4GB RAM
CAMERA: Mostly irrelevant. 'Not shit'
VIDEO: 1080p60, 1080p30
3.5mm jack: Yes
Bluetooth: 5.0
GPS: Yes
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, WiFi Direct, hotspot
INFRARED Port: Yes
USB: 3.1, Type-C reversible connector
FEATURES: accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass, heart rate
BATTERY: 7,000mAh (QC 4.0)

*Or whatever would be required for these specs, and whatever would lead to the longest battery life

----

I don't care how thick the phone is so long as it is less than one inch thick.

If I'm either a shill or a fanboy then what does this make you? I'm a phone reviewer who actually gets to use the things you only read about on GSMArena. But let me humor you.

You take the written numbers as if they mean anything at all in the context of comparing the two in terms of real world performance. But why don't you also bring up that the iPhone SE has less RAM? yeah, it does. It also has fewer CPU cores. And yet...

>As far as performance goes, I can't comment because I don't know but it is probably safe to assume the SE pulls ahead there.

It pulls ahead in terms of performance of a phone that according to you is somehow superior? Wow.

Lagdroids are really embarrassing. Even before I switched to the iPhone SE (my last Android phone was an LG V20, the last Android phone I reviewed was the OPPO F3) I never defended Android like you or many other dumbass kids on here do. Pathetic.

if the only saving grace of the iphone SE is better performance in mobile games, that's pretty sad.
Why don't you post your youtube channel if you're such a professional reviewer and we can all judge for ourselves how knowledgeable you are?

In the end it comes down to a matter of preference. Do you only use your phone for playing games? If yes then get an iphone. Do you use your phone for light internet browsing and want it to last longer? If yes then don't get an iphone.

>mobile games
What now? I never mentioned that. Who did? No one did. And yet here you are.

It speaks to your lack of knowledge about iOS how you think it won't last very long for "light browsing" whatever that means. The iPad is still going strong precisely because that's what people buy it for. Did you know that? Guess not.

Won't even bother the rest of your garbage response as it's just a non-sense rant fueled by ignorance and hate. I REVIEW phones for a living, fucktard. Who the fuck are you? But sure, you can pass judgment based on your superior knowledge of these things.

Pic related, the last 2 flagship Vivo phones on offer here in my region, before the V7+. And I just remembered I also got to review the S8+ when it came out. And I'm STILL holding on to my iPhone SE. Enjoy your hardware gimmicks, though. I'm sure that edge screen is doing wonders for your use case or whatever.

post channel

Unbreakable unibody made of steel-plated tungsten with diamond screen

Antenna inserts made of carbon fibre

6" 4k display with at least 500 dpi

Battery life lasts one week, phone is thick and requires you to be a chad just to hold it

Phone can also be used for casual weight lifting or as a weapon

It only unlocks by a combination of DNA scanning, mouth breath bacteria or sweat fingerprinting

Can be optionally used to control your car, pay bills, control your house, or be used as a laser weapon

Camera can shoot in infrared and includes thermodetection sensors, beats a high-end dslr in image quality

Front facing stereo speakers

Audio jack and micro-thunderbolt ports

Filip cover is physical keyboard made of graphene

1TB RAM

1PB flash storage

Runs any OS you want to install, supports multiple partitions with different OSes

1TB wifi module

CPU works on light pulses, not electrons; every instruction is executed at the speed of light

honest question for any of you pompous assholes who will answer--- I've been avoiding updating my apple for 3 years now because of the fucking headphone jack thing and knowing I'll lose the loose headphones in a day.

Have they fixed the one tht was fucking blowin uo (would be my luck to have mine spark on me at random and get dragged off a plane as a fucking sand nigge bomb maker). The apple competitor (Sasung_____ me escapes me) no longer sparkers and goes on fire intermittently?

I want the keyboards back

>5" 1440x2560 display
>microsd card with dedicate slot not shared with the sim cards
>dual sim
>all metal body
>headphone jack w/ Quad DAC
>removable battery
>OmniBalance aesthetics/design
>no physical buttons on front
>built in compass so I don't have to rely on data to know where I am heading
>fingerprint scanner on back
>power button on top and volume buttons on left
>stereo speakers, one in earpiece and second out the bottom
>dual cameras on back
>LED Flash on both front and back
>4gb ram
>gestures controls like moto and HTC have
>3300+ mAh battery
>stock android

>and Siri.

You almost had me until you got to here, then you went full retard with the trolling. Siri is completely irredeemable. I don't care if it is slightly better than the competition, it is still shit.

t. iphone 5 user

Usable after 3 years
semi smart like windows phone or symbian without botnet and with a few apps(all I need is email, facebook messenger(yeah, I have friends) and calendar with sync).
Maybe a camera

This, but with 3g support.

>4"480x800 low battery usage display
>microsd card slot
>3.5mm headphone jack
>removable 6000mA/h battery
>no camera
>quad core prosessor
>4GB ram
>symbian OS

>uncorrectly using greentext
>describing shit specs

modern specs on the galaxy S2 + waterproofing

also if it's Android, prompt updates

>iPhone 4 design
>iPhone 5 dimensions/size
>Slimmed bezels but no rounded corners
>A11 Bionic CPU
>4gb ram
>720p display
>iOS

What the fuck even is the point of a 1440p display on a phone? It's a waste of battery and money. The difference in PPI is imperceptible on such a tiny screen. As long as it's a good panel with nice contrast an colors, resolution means jack shit at smartphone scale.

>resolution means jack shit at smartphone scale
I thought like you until I saw the S8
holy damn it's like I'm reading a book with how sharp the text is

Sounds like the LG V20

But does it really matter? In normal use you'll rarely notice the sharpness of the display, just the enormous amount of battery life it eats.

a modernized Pre Plus with less build quality issues, a numrow and expandable storage running a revitalized webOS more capable of talking to modern web services along with quality-of-life improvements and a lagdroid compatibility layer for fart apps and convenient web front-ends

don't give much of a fuck about the specific specs, as long as they're reasonably flagship grade internally, even better if it doesn't have some meme high-PPI screen that wastes battery life and doesn't look any better

Mi mix 2 with headphone jack and capacitive buttons on the bottom bezel, with a hybrid sd/sim dual slot.

maybe so, but it's nice to know it's there
I do more reading on phones these days so I could really use the extra clarity

this is pretty much where I'm at, high PPI displays are okay but when I mess around with old phones, even shitty 320x240 displays really don't bother me at all, all I give a fuck about is the information I'm accessing and whether or not it passes a quality baseline after which I really don't care how barely perceptibly more pretty it looks

It should be able to make calls. Also the battery should last a week.

there are these things affectionately nicknamed "dumbphones" and they've existed for decades

Yes I am aware. Im very happy with mine.

so why did you post then, just trying to find some other neo-luddites to jerk off with?

OP asked to describe my dreamphone, so I did.

>fhd display
>oled
>big battery (at least 4k mAh)
>headphone jack AT THE FUCKING BOTTOM
>stereo speakers
>touch navkeys on lower bezel

NO MEME FEATURES LIKE
>curved edges
>rounded corners
>2,5D (wtf is this even) glass

>or any other kind of scanner
hey now don't tell me frontfacing distance detection that turns off the screen when you hold it up to your ear isn't useful
do agree frontfacing camera needs to die

so yeah, purposely misinterpreting OP's intentions to get attention

hope you enjoyed it

Lol whatever makes you happy kid

Plastic shatterproof screen
Titanium body with 90 degree edges everywhere
1440p 5 inch screen
Front and rear flash
6 or 8 core cpu
Decent graphics
Stereo speakers
3250 or more mAh battery
4GB RAM
32 GB onboard storage
SDCard slot
Dual SIM
IP69K
4 year warranty
USB C
Full size USB slot
Full size HDMI slot

At most a 5" 1080p display
Dual SIM
USB 3.1 Type C
3.5mm Headphone jack
Removable battery, not less than 3000mAh
At least 4GB of RAM
At least 64GB of internal memory, expandable with a micro SD card slot
Physical camera button
Physical silent on/off switch
NFC
IR Blaster
Bluetooth
2G,3G,4G
WiFi
Flashlight
FM Radio
Stereo speakers
Decent front and rear camera
No biometric security features of any kind
Fantastic plastic body
MIL-STD-810G compliant
IP 68 certified

iPhone has no Launchers or anything like that.
Only now iOS has widgets (and they're pretty shit IMO).
Can't change icons and icon position is fixed to a grid.

>icon position is fixed to a grid.
Why the fuck would you not want this on Android, iOS or any other platform?

the blackberry keyone minus the fingerprint reader with a rooted version of the rom blackberry ships with it.

or th passport or classic with an updated android runtime. either would do just fine.

I meant like once you move an icon in iOS all the icons rearrange, but with android you van place them anywhere on the grid