New PC build

Ryzen 7 1700 + GTX 1080 or Ryzen 5 1500X + GTX 1080 Ti?

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/73052/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-ti-to-launch-on-october-26th
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1600+1080ti

R5 1600 is out of stock in my country. I have to build the PC this week.

ryzen 1500x
gtx 1080 desu senpai alam
seriously the graphics card does the lifting any ways these days

which monitor will you be using?

ASUS PB287Q

1800x + 1080ti
I like mine

Why not get an i5 if that's in stock, the multitasking and rendering performance is worse but with gaming it's great. The 1080ti is really worth it over the 1080

R7 1800x is 3% better than R7 1700x for gaming, I would use this build, If my PC were workstation.

don't get 1500x dimwith.
get 1600.

There is absolutely no reason to get an i5 with Ryzen on the market.

The new coffee lake i5s might be good, but current gen are obsolete atm.

wait tm.
or 1700 + vega 56

I already bought a AM4 mobo and high speed memory, it has to be Ryzen;

Sadly Intels 9th generation isn't out yet.
You need to wait at least one year.

The amount of AMD shills on this board at the moment

>the absolute state of Sup Forums

get a 7600k you retard

I already said why I'm not getting a i5.

sell the motherboard, you will regret it otherwise

1700 is great, just get it if you got the cash.

Why I will regret? AMD will support the Ryzen platform till 2020. Intel changes the socket every time.

1600X.

It's the patrician choice.

whats the point in even building a new PC? Anything you built 2 years ago probably runs everything today just fine

THERE AREN'T EVEN GOOD GAMES OUT ANYMORE AND THE PERFORMANCE INCREASES ARE MINUSCULE

PC gaming is dead as fuck

I'll pass my PC for my brother, and keep the new one.

>I have to build the PC this week.
No, I don't think so.

>Coffee Lake comes out this week
>Instead of waiting he wants Ryzen

videocardz.com/73052/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-ti-to-launch-on-october-26th

GTX 1070 Ti

>I have to build the PC this week.
why? lrn2 patience, kiddo.

>wanting covfefe lake
lolnope

Get at least a 1600 with a 1080 ti
If you are playing 1080p only get a 1070.

I'd want the stronger processor desu.
I have the 1700x and 1070 GTX.
CPU still becomes bottleneck in more cases than GPU.

1700 will last you longer. you'll be looking for an upgrade in 2 or 3 years with the 1600

>Collecting brand new parts
What are you a gay retard?

I need a GTX 1080 & i7 to interpolate & upscale my 30 year old chinese moving pictures. It's still not enough, I can only reach 90 frames per second with NEDDI3 doubling.

Not true at all! Who keeps saying this? You can easily outperform with an old Optiplex that you threw a GTX 1060 in over a new R5 1600 with a GTX 760.

What program do you use?

SVP with madVR because I'm too lazy to setup mpv and I don't have a 10bit monitor that would benefit from changing.

Please delete this anti-Semetic comment. I've already reported you to the ADL, but you might stand a chance if you delete right now.

it's not THAT bad actually, when Zen2 on 7nm is coming

8600K + 1080Ti.

>coffin lake

I have to build this week because its a birthday gift. "Oh, so why you don't speak to him and tell him to wait a little longer?" Because he already waited a year for it.

>There is absolutely no reason to get an i5 with Ryzen on the market.
Considering that Ryzen hardly competes with ivybridge series processors I would say you are a dipshit fanboy that buys into AMD's more cores bullshit that they do EVERY FEW YEARS when they can't keep up.

i5s have a 20% gain in single core while ryzen has an 80% gain in multi-core. This is considering the overclockable processors, while the non-overclockable ones are only marginally better in single core and get absolutely demolished outside of that.

Oh, so why you don't speak to him and tell him to wait a little longer. He's already waited a year?

(You)

Get the vega 64, it is $50 cheaper and is faster in some games under linux opensource drivers which proves that there is a lot of room for for improvement once amd releases its new drivers.

So save $50 on the gpu, save $50 on the mobo and spend that extra $100 to get the 1700.

You may have a point once coffee lake is a thing assuming prices stay the same as current gen, but today, no, i5 is not worth it.