Why are Big Data tools like Apache Kafka and Apache Spark bot written in C#/.Net?

Why are Big Data tools like Apache Kafka and Apache Spark bot written in C#/.Net?

>bot
*not

Because contrary to what fucking retards on Sup Forums say you don't need to write everything in fucking C++, C, or assembly because of MUH PERFORMANCE.

This place is just full of elitist, unemployed morons trying to out do each other by proving just how autistic they are. It's that very autism which explains why most people in Sup Forums are fucking unemployed kek.

They're pretty platform restricted, unlike other languages

Enjoy your meme performance then

This is the best description of Sup Forums I've ever seen.

Most programmers on Sup Forums seem to have a huge hard on for old stuff just for the sake of being "pioneers" of something and muh performance like you said. Even if you're not an expert you can clearly see a lot of people here have misguided views about programming languages.

what the fuck is this?

This is one of those cases where you want to squeeze as much performance aa possible.

But because mosy employers are stuck interviewing retards like you, they settle for whatever it is subpar programmers use, aka wangblows.

What kind of advantage do you think C# even has over Java? They're basically the same thing in terms of capability. I could see if you wanted it in C for better performance, but C#?

Actually java isn't mentioned.
>you don't need to write everything in fucking C++, C, or assembly because of MUH PERFORMANCE.
>Not mentioning haskell
>Apache Kafka and Apache Spark bot written in C#/.Net?
You are a fucking idiot Sup Forums deserves.

>implying

C++ is pretty much as expressive as C#

C#, F# + MS enterprise suite supports this stuff out of the box, there's no reason to use crappy open source tools.

What the shit are you talking about?

Kafka and Spark are written in Scala and Java. They have some C# interfaces but that's all.

>Actually java isn't mentioned.
OP mentioned two projects written in Java (or at least JVM)

OP thinks they are .NET shit.

No, he said why are they *not* written in .NET

Maybe you misread "bot" to be "both", but he meant to say not.

I see everywhere botnet.

Because the people writing them know how to use the clr.

because the java ecosystem is superior. dotnet is a java knockoff designed to appeal to pajeets and total beginners

You derailed your own thread in the op with a single character error. Fucking congratulations.

To answer your question: The programmers who made the tools were more familiar with the languages they used, or they couldn't accept a gc language because of memory or real time restrictions. C# is fine for 99% of development but I wouldn't want to directly write an os or database with it just because of the runtime. Same with Java.

>The programmers who made the tools were more familiar with the languages they used, or they couldn't accept a gc language because of memory or real time restrictions
Kafka and Spark are written in Java and Scala and run on the JVM. Fucking congratulations on writing this pointless post

Reading comprehension. The first sentence of the conclusion is the answer. I had no idea what language they used, but I'm probably 100% correct in assuming the devs just know Java pretty well so that's what they used. The second sentence is my own reasons why I, as a C# dev, wouldn't write such a tool in a garbage collected language. At the very least I'd want to do most of the heavy lifting in C++ just because you can manage memory a lot better.