Linux vs windows

memes aside,lets have a serious thread on linux and windows

Meme

Linux is qt and libre Software, Windos is an operading sysdem.
Install GNU system with Linux kernel.

Windos is not operading sysdemd
Check your brivilege

install gentoo

Windows is more stable, Linux is faster.

Linux comes with naked girl amine wallpaper.

Linux doesnt offer certain software that I require for my daily computing work tasks

That said, I plan on using it later on in life for running a home server or using FreeNAS and other things

and what is that "work" that you do?

>CIVIL 3D
Gee I wonder what the work could be

Civil Engineering, hence Civil 3D

what about wine or crossover?
all cads are for me the same, and last time i heard autodesk made some linux version but i actually don't know when that was

Its all the features and add-ons and other Autodesk programs that intertwine each other that cause problems with emulation or passthrough. Also I use Solidworks and other math calculation tables, programs, and simulations that only work with Windows; I'd rather not bother trying to get all of that working though Wine or passthrough
Im also learning Revit and Bim 360, which is an entire beast of themselves

It's always the same shit.

You want games? Windows.
You want customization? Linux.
You want compatibility? Windows.
You want control? Linux.

It's always the same, until some corporates decide otherwise.

then stay with the OS that works best for you.
what you could also do is setup an esx and do vga passthrough and virtualize all operating systems necessary for the types of work you do but that's just painful unless you have nothing better to do.

either way, everything has its ups and downs, no reason to switch unless you can deal with the compromise that comes with it

and that it is why i have machines for different purposes. a rig to play if i want and a nuc to lurk and tinker on my unix boxes. now days you don't even need to spend money for a linux box, just buy a shitty rpi and use it for your lurking tasks and when you want gaymen bootup your rig

>windows
>stable
kek

wat about bsd??

Windows is a better OS for anyone who is not a developer. But it's botnet beyond believe as most of mainstream software. GNU plus Linux is a shitty OS with shovelware software but it's free and comfy.

windows - consumer/sheep os
linux - 70s mainframe system emulator
Both suck.

can't take you serious if you're confusing a kernel with an operating system in the first post.

kernel vs. botnet?
>apples vs. oranges.

>Windows is more stable
b8

windows is a stabled oberading sysdemd because systemd