mpv.io/manual/master/

User Scripts (including opengl shaders):
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):
profile=opengl-hq
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Post your system specs and config if youre asking performance related questions.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/builtin.conf#L48
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/releases
mpv.io/installation/
github.com/ElegantMonkey/mpv-webm
raw.githubusercontent.com/ElegantMonkey/mpv-webm/master/build/webm.lua
github.com/HomeOfVapourSynthEvolution/VapourSynth-Deblock
github.com/rossy/mpv/tree/ra-d3d
twitter.com/AnonBabble

doom9 memes coming through.

>profile=opengl-hq
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/builtin.conf#L48

ok so im using this "autofit-larger=90%x90%"
then i open video and it shows window scale = 0.900.

now i go fullscreen. and check stats again. it still shows windows scale = 0.900.

is this a stats.lua bug?

Lots of people use old mpv versions. gpu-hq wont work with them.

user... when you're in full screen the window scale doesn't apply

Then they should update? Besides, how many people that read this thread are really using old versions? Or are using old versions and don't know what it means.

oh right. tnx for clarification.

no-border looks so clean.

but i miss the minimize and close button on the top right. it would even be cooler is it is on the OSD.

hacking in a close button would probably be pretty simple but i don't think minimize can be done very easily

you can cycle the border on and off with a keybind

Onii-chan, why doesn't mpv have a built-in, finely tuned, anime preset so we don't have to copy/paste bullshit settings from people who don't know what they're doing?
Why don't mpv devs just give us a really good preset?

profile=gpu-hq

keep it up, you'll be worse than foozoor in no time

is it possible to show the total duration of all the track you have in the playlist?

no

what a disgrace

and it is possible in the playlist, to show more than 9 tracks?

Plenty of people only enter this thread to try out mpv, and don't stick around to shitpost about the latest memes. I think the OP configuration should remain working in the latest stable release. We can update it when there's a new release.

“Deprecated” and “deleted” are different for a reason.

>Plenty of people only enter this thread to try out mpv, and don't stick around to shitpost about the latest memes.
If they do that, then they'd have the latest version?

>hurr everybody compiles straight from git master
The latest version is 0.27 which does not have profile=gpu-hq

Decrease the OSD font size

I didn't compile from git master and still have a later version? You're an idiot?

>>hurr everybody compiles straight from git master
Is that really that bad to expect, considering that's the first sentence you see if you click on Installation on the website?

That's a contradiction, user. 0.27 is the latest version. There is nothing newer than it, except git master.

Guess the truth's a contradiction then.

plz take your pills

Just accept that you were wrong and shut up. I'm using shinchiro, which I definitely didn't compile from git master, but is newer than stable 0.27.

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/releases
>v0.27.0

shinchiro compiles from git master you fucking retard. Jesus christ how dumb can you get?

Also,
>implying everybody uses third-party unofficial builds by some chinknigger who hosts on (((sourceforge)))
You're on your own

?
Besides, the point was about using a version that has gpu-hq already instead of opengl-hq. Even if it still uses the same number, it can be a newer version if it has that.
>shinchiro compiles from git master you fucking retard. Jesus christ how dumb can you get?
So? I still didn't compile from git, which was implied that I couldn't do and have a new version at the same time.

>Also,
>>implying everybody uses third-party unofficial builds by some chinknigger who hosts on (((sourceforge)))
>You're on your own
It's either that, or building from git, which was already deemed bad apparently.

so what's your problem ?

I don't know why you'd be asking me that, I don't have a problem.

How are his builds unofficial when there are no 'official' builds?
mpv.io/installation/
>Windows builds by shinchiro

Both sources of Windows builds are hosted on third party sites. Plus shinchiro's Cmake is better than lachs0rs and actually supports Vulkan now.

Read the sentence at the top
>Using git master is recommended, although it may be slightly unstable at times.
Only recommended thing is building from git master, every build aside from that is unofficial obviously.

Yes so using unofficial as a pejorative when the term 'build' is inherently unofficial for mpv is redundant.

I'd say lachs0r's could be considered official

I'd say you're wrong because it's recommended to not use it, and to use something else.

Not really, honestly if he would add an updater like shinchiro it would be better, but he barely updates.

slow releases grant the illusion of stability

>Not really
You can't say "not really" to my opinion. It's not a matter of it's one's better than the other, it's a matter of the builds just not being recommended.

i mean they're still linked on the official website. that's essentially a recommendation.
and the blurb on the page about git master being recommended is not all that strongly worded either, especially compared to how they shit on distro packages further down. in fact, it even uses the word "recommended" in reference to 3rd party linux packages.

>that's essentially a recommendation.
Not if directly above it, on the same page, it says the recommendation is to not use them.

>in fact, it even uses the word "recommended" in reference to 3rd party linux packages.
Not in reference to, instead of, in case you already decided to go against the recommendation and go with a package.

>arguing semantics
epic

>it says the recommendation is to not use them.
No it doesn't, it says it's recommended to use git master.

Nice false cause though.

You can only use one. It recommends you use one over the other, that means it recommends to not use the other. It's not a false clause, recommending to do one of two things is the same as recommending to not do the other of two things.

>You can only use one
Explain to me how you can do this on Windows without using a Cmake-based toolchain for mpv (because both verisons of these are by lachs0r and shinchiro respectively)

>Explain to me how you can do this on Windows
Only using one? Simple, just download one and use just that one.

Are you retarded?

No. You probably meant to ask something else, but I did answer what you actually asked.

see

That's not arguing semantics, it's responding to what was said. It's not an argument if I'm just stating facts.

So you're both retarded and autistic, thanks for clarifying.

>Error: You cannot delete a post this old.
Lucky you, fucking idiots.

Is there anything wrong with my config?
#############
# Video #
#############

scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossoft
tscale=mitchell
temporal-dither
blend-subtitles
#opengl-pbo
target-prim=bt.709
target-trc=bt.1886
gamma-auto
icc-profile-auto
icc-3dlut-size=256x256x256

hwdec=auto-copy
video-sync=display-resample
interpolation

#############
# Audio #
#############

#ao=wasapi:exclusive
alang=jp,jpn,en,eng

#############
# Cache #
#############

#cache=auto
cache-default=102400
#cache-file="F://Temporaire//MPV/cache"

#############
# Subtitles #
#############

slang=fr,en,eng
demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll # try to correctly show embedded subs when seeking
sub-auto=fuzzy # external subs don't have to match the file name exactly to autoload
embeddedfonts=yes # use embedded fonts for SSA/ASS subs
sub-ass-force-style=Kerning=yes # allows you to override style parameters of ASS scripts

# the following options only apply to subtitles without own styling (i.e. not ASS but e.g. SRT)
sub-font="Source Sans Pro Semibold"
sub-font-size=52
sub-color="#FFFFFFFF"
sub-border-color="#FF262626"
sub-border-size=3.2
sub-shadow-offset=1
sub-shadow-color="#33000000"
sub-spacing=0.5

#############
# OSD #
#############

script-opts=osc-vidscale=no,osc-scalefullscreen=1.5,osc-scalewindowed=1.2,osc-layout=bottombar,osc-seekbarstyle=bar
no-border
ontop
osd-duration=5000

#############
# Misc #
#############
save-position-on-quit

# [SCREENSHOTS]
screenshot-format=png
screenshot-png-filter=0
screenshot-png-compression=4
screenshot-template="F://Temporaire//mpv_screenshot%n"

[extension.webm]
loop-file=yes

Add profile=opengl-hq. Delete:
>tscale=mitchell
temporal-dither
target-prim=bt.709
target-trc=bt.1886
gamma-auto
icc-profile-auto
icc-3dlut-size=256x256x256
hwdec=auto-copy
Didn't look further than video settings.

A slow release cycle is the definition of stability. Stable = doesn't move, Unstable = moves quickly

The more often you release new versions, the more often people have to change shit. Ergo unstable

Wrong. Old bugs get fixed in never releases. While never releases introduce new bugs. is right.

My GPU isn't vulkan or opengl friendly.
What should I do?

Is there a config command that offsets the mpv window at startup?
now the (not fullscreen) window is at center, but i want it bound to right and about 2 inch from the top.
There has to be something for that

geometry on the manual

For some reason, mpv hangs when I open videos, but the audio still plays. This persists for a while, but when I try again some time later, it works perfectly, only for the issue to arise again later.
Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm retarded so how does this work?: github.com/ElegantMonkey/mpv-webm

I downloaded the zip, extracted the contents to my script folder and tried pressing Shift+W but nothing happened.

save this in your "scripts" folder
raw.githubusercontent.com/ElegantMonkey/mpv-webm/master/build/webm.lua

that did it, thanks fampai
now it doesnt obstruct my Sup Forums anymore

Thanks, but that wasn't the problem apparently, it was that i had no-input-default-bindings in my mpv.conf which for some reason negated the default keybinding of the script.

So in order to make it work I had to add script-binding webm/display-webm-encoder inside my input.conf. Though I didn't know about this and the way I found out about it was by cross-referencing the contents of stats.lua (another script) and webm.lua to see how the creator of stats.lua did it. And near the end of the file I noticed something about display-webm-encoder and following the format of the stats.lua example of how to make a custom keybinding i tried it and hey, it works!

As a Windows pleb this was fun to figure out.

Yes that's how software updates work

How is this better than MPC-HC and MadVR?

far more lightweight and compatible with programs like Streamlink or Youtube-dl.

I have trouble understanding something:

If I use gpu-api=opengl, does that mean that all scalers like dscale=mitchell and shaders like SSSR won't work anymore?

Always answering this question; how about you tell ME for a change:

How is MPC-HC and madVR better than mpv??

No? How do you even arrive at that conclusion?

vo_gpu is the only VO that supports all of those options. gpu-api=opengl tells vo_gpu to use opengl internally.

How is Vulkan and Win supposed to be different to OpenGL and DXInterop?

Just asking because so far I can't tell, feel or see a difference between them. Everything is the same.

>Vulkan vs OpenGL
Vulkan is a more modern and more low-level API. It has better debugging features, better context creation, better platform compatibility and more rigorous standardization. It also has better internal consistency and a better extension mechanism.

>Win vs dxinterop
dxinterop provides better swapchain control than wgl but it comes with more overhead (quite noticeable in benchmarks, probably not so much in the real world).

Oh right, vulkan also has much better swapchain control; not to mention native APIs for stuff like taking direct control over a display device (exclusive mode / HMDs).

So Vulkan is more beneficial for the developers rather than the users? Like, sure it might give you better performance but it's everything else that's better? Interesting.

>not to mention native APIs for stuff like taking direct control over a display device (exclusive mode / HMDs).

Oh yeah I forgot to ask, will this mean that mpv might potentially support on-the-fly .icc switching when I move the window from one monitor to the other? Or would this be too hard to code?

It's also better for users in theory if you consider that OpenGL platform-specific support is such a complete disaster and the developer is completely powerless to work around all of the issues. For a driver vendor it's actually easier to support vulkan than opengl because vulkan just lets you straight-up advertise what features you do and don't support, and it's the developer's job to respect any limitations. It also requires much less code in the driver; means less buggy drivers.

That said, vulkan does raise lots of avenues for multi-threading and parallel execution which OpenGL OTOH simply doesn't support, so that exposes a lot of driver bugs that have been hidden so far. All of the issues I've been having with vulkan in practice have been issues related to parallel execution and synchronization deadlocks. (Of course, drivers can work around this by just exporting a single queue and ignoring synchronization; so you can't run into these deadlock issues to begin with - that's what the intel drivers do, because intel can't program drivers)

It already does (--icc-profile-auto); and that has absolutely nothing to do with opengl or vulkan.

Why does using cache-default=700000 # size in K
cache-backbuffer=150000 # size in KB
freezes some streams like gdrive?

it just works and doesn't need a regular thread on Sup Forums

>too new to remember MPC-HC threads
damn now I feel old

You're right, it requires regular threads on doom9

>Greatest media player
>Can't even handle proper file navigation

i5-3210m. Windows 10. Stock mpv other than some keyboard and mouse shortcuts.

Started using mpv because it uses way less cpu for hevc/x265 videos. It uses way more for x264 though when compared to potplayer or VLC, like 20% vs 5%. Is there a setting I can change to fix this?

hwdec=auto

Why aren't you using Vapoursynth, user?

Why would i?

What's the difference?

Vapoursynth isn't a media player. You can use Vapoursynth to modify incoming frames beyond what mpv simply offers.

So you get more finer control of the image and how it's rendered than what libavfilter or hardware filtering allows?

Using nnedi shaders or something similarly resource intensive?

Behold! The magic of Vapoursynth!

Left - original, Right - processed.

github.com/HomeOfVapourSynthEvolution/VapourSynth-Deblock

Or you can just watch the video encoded with a modern encoder.

I am so sad, 3 days without any commits on the d3d branch. :(
github.com/rossy/mpv/tree/ra-d3d

Plain deblocking kind of sucks. The only source of the video that's available is from mid 90s encoded in cinepak at 240x180.

Using Vulkan I can play the first video in a playlist fine but any after that with subs will crash mpv, also seems to only happen when fullscreen. Any way to fix or just a beta problem? Using shinchiro rev2 build
Video and Sub settings
###Video Settings
profile=gpu-hq
vo=gpu
gpu-api=vulkan
gpu-context=win
gpu-shader-cache-dir="~~/mpv-shader-cache"
vd-lavc-dr=yes
hwdec=no

scale=haasnsoft
scale-clamp=0.5
cscale=ewa_lanczos
dscale=mitchell
tscale=oversample
glsl-shader="~~/shaders/ravu-r3-rgb-Vulkan.hook"

###Sub Settings
sub-use-margins
sub-ass-force-margins

demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll
sub-auto=fuzzy
sub-file-paths=subs
embeddedfonts=yes
sub-fix-timing=no
sub-ass-force-style=Kerning=yes
sub-ass-override=scale

sub-align-x=center
sub-align-y=bottom
sub-font='Fontin Sans Rg'
sub-font-size=48
sub-margin-x=80
sub-margin-y=35
sub-color="#F9F4F1"
sub-border-color="#0A2434"
sub-border-size=2.4
sub-shadow-offset=0.8
sub-shadow-color="#000000"
sub-spacing=0
sub-gauss=1
sub-bold=yes

>tscale=oversample
You have interpolation disabled.

Oh I forgot to copy that in to the code tags, I have it activated I just didn't want to include all my auto-profiles stuff so it's easier to read.

I've somehow managed to get this status up at the top left corner of mpv and I'm unsure what key I pressed
Does anyone know what this is?

'o' I think.