I have a Galaxy S8 all my friends have an iPhone. Why do people still care so much what phones people use?

I have a Galaxy S8 all my friends have an iPhone. Why do people still care so much what phones people use?

your friends sound like faggots, franco

Because iMessage is probably the best thing apple has come out with, and its probably my favourite feature. You're missing on a lot of fun man. Group chats are godly. Not only that, you can see if someone saw your message or got delivered. So you don't wonder if person is ignoring you or maybe he didnt get the message, so you resend it and look like a cuck.
If you're not a social person and dont have much friends, no point of getting iphone. Its dumb

>sound like
look like.

see that emoji? thanks to apple, that's his faggot face.

>you can see if someone saw your message or got delivered. So you don't wonder if person is ignoring you
lol. I wonder what life would be like if I were this insecure.

so its exactly like whatsapp?

Whats up is not used in the states/canada much. I envy europe for using it though, since you can communicate across ALL devices.

Was meant to be a diss for OP, but I agree.

Why not just use LINE?

I'm gonna bet OP is American

(Shit bait but I'll take it)
What you've described can be achieved by literally any recent protocol.

>Signal
>XMPP/Jabber
And so many more.
Even fuckbook messenger can do that shit.

Are your friends white or hispanic girls? They sound like petty bitches.

>Why do people still care so much what phones people use?

>He asked in a place where people go apeshit whenever anything Apple is mentioned

So it's WhatsApp for Apple?

I would like my phone to not do this after charging. I don't care about a piece of software some vapid cunt uses.

>see if someone saw your message
What does "see a message" mean to apple users?
Is watching the notification enough?
Why would you assume someone is ignoring you if they don't respond right away?

Your friends are fucking retarded.

Typical millennials. You are also one of them, fuck you Franco.

Shut up Luis

>american free market creates artificial class division and stifles progress
Marx was right

>signal
normal people doesn't use that shit. Only drugdealers and nerds do.

Too poor and stupid to have anything to brag about, so they try to flaunt their cheap phones.

Yeah pretty much. But my point being that almost all recent protocols have the features the other faggot mentioned.

>you can see if someone saw your message or got delivered
Welcome to this decade.

I have a Nexus 5x (on my second one after my first one bootlooped) and I swear to god, Google better wow the shit out of me with the Pixel reveal tomorrow, or I'm getting an iPhone 6s.

So done with their shitty unpolished software and inconsistency.

All of my female friends (and my female partner) except one of have Android phones. The one who has an iPhone is one of the best friends I have. Get better friends

It’s like a better Whatsapp. It also encorporates SMS texts if your data for some reason isn’t working. The point of it is that you need only one app for all your messages, and not multiple separate ones for texts, messages over the web, certain friends, etc.

> apple invented group chats

iCucks would rather die than send a green bubble message, so sms capabilities are irrelevant.

Whatsapp is superior, it's just applefags are too lazy to install superior apps, or are just some gatekeeping hipster fags.

> Why do people still care so much what phones people use?
Your friends are poorfags who can't afford SMS and don't want to use Whatsapp.

>Why do people still care so much what phones people use?
None of my friends give a fuck, get better friends.

Chris is a fucken faggot

Only nerds can speak proper English as well, apparently.

This OP. Even my girlfriend is grateful just to have a shitty metroPCS Android phone. Get better friends.

Wow, nice "friends" Franco.

fpbp

>meanwhile in the rest of the planet people just use the same messaging app like WhatsApp so everyone has all the same features and it doesn't matter which phone you have

Why the fuck its still normal to use SMS in the USA? It's literally ancient technology.

>having friends
lmaoing at your life right now

to apple users (or anyone who is addicted to talking to people on social media DM's) it means the message was read. If you don't reply, they take it as if you're ignoring them based off the assumption that if you had enough time to read it, you have enough time to reply, even if you have to make up some excuse as to why you didn't reply. Women take this sort of thing seriously, especially if you're sending messages back and forth and you take too long to reply once or twice. People in general take it personally if this happens while they're talking to someone they're interested in too. Really annoying when you just want a break from texting, or you just want to do something else without having to explain yourself.

This is why I don't text really. If people want to have a conversation fucking use the phone and speak like a normal person.

I'm Yuropoor and use SMS (and imessage :^)

/thread

same, when I had an iPhone I would disable read receipts or iMessage altogether. I still treat messaging as sort of like a buffer, but that backfires when people want you to reply immediately or get butthurt that you've enabled "green bubbles".

Literally just get Messenger

>Facebook

American here. Miami FL to boot. Everyone now a days uses whatsapp. Especially me and my friends, since we travel alot. Op is just still in hs or his city is behind on what's trendy

The first message literally answers your question.

Literally Facebook messenger with added vendor lock in

Stop having trash friends.

>Not only that, you can see if someone saw your message or got delivered
What a cutting edge feature. Meanwhile I can do the same thing with SMS and not be restricted to iShit

Damn you got blown out by a normie franco

>The point of it is that you only need one app for all your messages, and not multiple seperate ones for texts, messages over the web, certain friends, etc.
You still do need multiple apps though.

So it's literally Facebook messenger/wire/WhatsApp/viber/riot/briar/signal...? Why even use iMessage when everyone is on Facebook?

Why use Facebook when they can continuously pressure you into joining their elite club?

> whatsapp can be used to communicate with anyone
> imessage can only be used to communicate with macfags
Does that mean whatsapp is to tinder what imessage is to grindr?

"Why do you care so much what phones other people use? Are you a communist?"

with iMessage you can only talk to other homos, with whatsapp you can talk to homos and straight people

WHAT THE FUCK IS HER NAME I NEED TO SEE MORE OF THOSE THIGHS

No, it just means that one is multiplatform and the other is only supports first party platforms.

Rachel Stellmen.

Exactly my point?

The first time a girl sent me nudes was over iMessage

Everyone has an iPhone, everyone is gay? What retarded shit are you spewing?

only americans care about iMessage, everyone else uses Whatsapp

>tfw iFags are so snobby they don't want to take a few minutes out of their busy schedule of sending blue bubbles to download and set up whatsapp

>tfw Android users can't see the convenience in using one app instead of five

>iTards genuinely believe this

Everyone is on facebook.
Use messenger only and problem solved.

>tfw iFags get bent out of shape over the color of a text message but still refute the alternative solutions outside of forcing someone to spend hundreds of dollars on a new device

come join me in this institution user they feed and take care of us

Everyone also has SMS, I'll stick to that.

Yeah, the bubble color "issue" is incredibly dumb.

Why would I go to extra effort to use something objectively inferior

Sorry but you bought garbage. No matter how you try to justify it that's $800 you'll never get back. I feel bad for you

Another good solution of this 'problem'.
Just do something with your life, fags, so that you can have a real reason to feel good about yourself instead of trying to find a problem where there's none.

OP, I'd like to remind you how idiotic the Apple consumer base can be.

>Upgrading the iOS to make it Waterproof
>Apple Wave
>Apple Bend
>The Bricked 1970 iPhone
>Drilling your iPhone 7 for the Audio Jack

Many of these were ad campaigns released by Sup Forums, and believe it or not the idiots fell for it.

Seriously?

But how is that relevant? Well a product is often stereotyped by it's users. So therefore if the consumers are portrayed as idiots, then the product is idiotic.

Sorry OP, I feel bad for you. Your friend there is a faggot.

This must be a poor person thing. I'm not poor and none of my friends gives a shit what phone anyone uses.

That's the irony of OP's situation.
Richfag ridiculed him for owning a Galaxy.

Okay, it's a phone that's more affordable, and still fulfills it's purpose. So what? I say fuck that guy. Franco can have whatever phone he damn pleases.

This, pretty much. Friend of mine is rich. They prefered Android and held onto their Galaxy S5 for a few years because removable battery and whatnot, all while having two or three iPhones as backup cameras. Even owned a Macbook and iPad but was in love with Microsoft Surfaces for some reason, and built a gaming PC.

>Discord exists
>Slack exists
>Skype exists
>Mumble exists
>Teamspeak exists
>Wire exists
>WhatsApp exists
>Matrix exists
>Messenger exists
>Hangouts exists
>KakaoTalk exists
>Keybase exists
>Signal exists
>Fucking BlackBerry Messenger exists

Why lock yourself and your (((friends))) into one vender when they want to chat without using credit.

>Has bootloop
>Software fault
Are you even trying?

unfriend them

as an iPhone user your fucking pic pisses me off
get better friends. the phone doesn't matter

do these people even exist in real life?
all my friends take my word as gospel when it comes to tech and the ones who use iphones just say "yeah all my stuff is on itunes" or "I just like ios" which I don't argue with them on because they've obviously invested in the ecosystem and that's their choice.

Almost every messaging application has these features. I had delivery notification back when we still had flipphones.
>why do they care?
Because Apple is good at marketing. They've been shilling these opinions for ages.
I've been using Android for ages now because I couldn't make my own applications for iPhone without paying for the stupid license. That's not how it should be.
So they're boycott now.
Similar situation for me but ive heard them ask making the assumption that iPhone is better. Naturally I told them it doesn't really matter for most people.

This. It really shouldn't matter. I'd never tell someone to get an iPhone personally but I'd also not give anybody any serious shit over it, either. Who the fuck are these people that care so much?

Give it back FRANCO

found the insecure homo

If you dug marx grave and sticked a wheel to him and used this wheel with a dynamo, you would solve all the energy problems of the planet, due how fast he's rolling at his grave at all those bourgeoisie people pretending to be oppressed because idiotic social justice make believe issues.

Careful not to fall for it

Go back

They exist, but they're not as vocal about it. They might bitch and groan once or twice. But sometimes if you have something like an S8, or a S7 Edge or Samsung/Edge device in general, people will ogle your phone and say how cool it looks.

>iphonefags don't know whatsapp exist
lol

Apple owners are too intelligent to use botnets

But user I have an iPhone and I turned read receipts off.

you can buy a new iphone for like $100 days. it might only be an SE, but you can use imessage

What if you have no friends? All of iMessage is useless.

>buying a whole new phone for just one app

Question for applebros. If a chick on an iPhone messages me and I read it, does it tell her I've read the text? What if I delete the conversation altogether of remove her from my phone? I'm on Android

No
you're a green bubble cuck

Not that user but tbf 100$ isn't that much if it'd actually gain him respect with all his friends.

It probably wouldn't though.

whatsapp does this.