Monitor Calibration

>buys a $300+ monitor
>doesn't calibrate his monitor
You've calibrated you monitor, right user-kun?

Other urls found in this thread:

photographerusa.com/screencheck/
lagom.nl/lcd-test/
lagom.nl/lcd-test/gradient.php#gradient-h.png
lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php
amazon.com/X-Rite-i1Display-Pro-Display-Calibration/dp/B0055MBQOW
ryobi-sol.co.jp/visolve/en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is there to calibrate?

You just plug the fucking thing in.

>being this clueless...
oh, user-kun

Is that spyder 4 calibrator still a good choice?

dumb uenoposter

I use an ICC profile from tftcentral. Im afraid that if i buy a colorimeter the end result will look the same compared to what i have now, meaning literal wasted money (almost equal price of the monitor).

are you a retard?

>mfw never calibrate things because i make it worse

manually calibrated my $40 thinkvision monitor
took me a lot of time but it looks way better than any screen I've seen so far

>animu looks way better that I had to rewatch
>found out some animu characters were actually yellow skinned
>blues give off an extra vibrant violet color that you cannot see on other screens
>yellows aren't orange
>monochrome mangas are completely monochrome, linear gamma
>can even tell when a digital artwork is done on uncalibrated screen

>anime
What are you, 12? Anime is only good for masterbating to and reaction images

>he spent all that money on his monitor but didn't get it factory calibrated
what's the point of paying a premium price if you don't get premium service, user?

before anyone else gets baited (like me), you should actually check here:

photographerusa.com/screencheck/

What are you, 12? Anime is only good for pandering to 12 year olds or manbabbies trapped in pre-adolescent stage in exchange of money.
t. ((profiteer))

>$500 GPU
>$150 monitor

why do they do this

>literally see breaks, pic related
>LOSSY jpeg
lagom.nl/lcd-test/
lagom.nl/lcd-test/gradient.php#gradient-h.png
lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php

>manual calibration
LMAO. There is no such thing, kid.

Bought a U3011, and a Cintiq27QHD most recently. Trusted the factory calibration but then got annoyed when I realized the inconsistencies between the two. Bought a ColorMunki to do some calibrating but forgot about it for months now.

wait, should I actually calibrate my monitor? I used the default 'dynamic' setting and like it

My monitor is my TV so no I didn't

>$40 monitor
>better than any screen I've seen so far

wtf am I reading. You haven't seen a whole lot of screens in your life.

keep dreaming.
manually calibrated 2 of my laptops with basiccolor5 then made an ICC profile that works for both windows and linux with xcalib64.
Used the built in OSD for the monitor calibration.
precise RGB sliders and Contrast is just enough but it would've been better if the sliders were matrix based.

>actually believing cheap monitors aren't just high-end monitors badly calibrated on purpose

sheep will be sheep

Professional monitors are like 1k. Professional workstation gfx cards go up to 3000.

How do I calibrate my monitor if I'm colorblind?

ueno is really cute

what do you mean those samshit software-oversaturated overcontrast oleds? (well surprise! samshit holds most of its patents that''s why it's all same shit!!) and ghosting bleeding IPS delay?
They were all a disappointment to me. what about those iphone 5678.. with yellowish-brown whitepoint? that's not sRGB if you're gonna ask me, seriously. I've seen most smartphones this 2017 but most of them appear to be a bit brownish even those already-burned oleds are too.

I haven't seen a quattron LCD though. Still not available here.

amazon.com/X-Rite-i1Display-Pro-Display-Calibration/dp/B0055MBQOW

>$250 to calibrate your monitor

whore lovers

>monitor calibration

I'm colorblind so why bother

Is this a meme a la "penis inspection day at gym class"?

That's my boy right here. VA panels are the FUTURE.

Ueno a shit

It came calibrated

The good one, yes. I have a cheap shitty 900p 20" monitor as my second monitor that isn't worth the time.

>calibrating your monitor

>>found out some animu characters were actually yellow skinned
Nigga you either watching simpsons or you're deluding yourself

my monitor was $20 there is nothing to calibrate

Yes, along with DisplayCal

It's been a while since I last calibrated, but if I remember correctly DisplayCAL has sliders to show whether you've got the right balance therefore you won't need to rely on your eyes

Once you've calibrated there's also options out there to shift colours to compensate for colour blindness.

ryobi-sol.co.jp/visolve/en/

Although being on Sup Forums I'm sure you've thought of all of this before

yeah my studio monitors and subwoofers are calibrated fairly well. you?

It's a decent investment since you can also calibrate your phone and TV. Also Kodi supports 3D LUT now so you'll have colour perfect videos also

>I use an ICC profile from tftcentral
That's absolutely pointless. Each LCD screen is different. Doesn't matter it's the same model, they're different.

At a place I used to work at, I did monitor calibration for the art department and NONE of the screens had the same curve. Models produced on the same day had a similar curve though. But models produced days/weeks apart were very different.

Yeah, every single computer/TV display I have is calibrated, with the sole exception of my phone's

I'm and I can tell you it makes a huge difference on older or shit monitors. My TV is a 10 year old Changhong and Christ you should have seen the difference in colour banding after the calibration

>manually

I've never had that work right. I tired every method/website suggested by goolag search but it was never really any good.

I then asked a guy at uni who had a colorimeter to borrow his and finally got an acceptable color reproduction.

You should calibrate every 6 months or so since screens degrade/change and you need to compensate.

>It came calibrated
How long ago? You should calibrate every 6 months. (Suggested OLED calibration is ever 2 months for color work).

Like 9 years ago. The panels dying now, you can see where two of the CCFLs died. Luckily it's where my tab bar generally is.

even manual calibration is better than factory calibration for anything past 12 months.

you'd be amazed how much screen change over time. all those chemicals inside the LCD panels are slowly drying out and LED is changing temperature too. CFLs are much, much worse and lose 30% brightness after 20 months or so.

have you noticed your CFLs dimming?

I just switched from the manual calibration I did years ago and the factory calibration looks much better. I'll have to try manual again and see what I can do.
>have you noticed your CFLs dimming?
Yeah, I mentioned that in the previous post. I might just buy a new panel so I can keep using this computer, maybe see if there are any better ones I can drop in.