Because it's not this.

>le macbuk holds patent on white/silver colors

XD

Looks fine to me

how

Looks beautiful. You're a fag.

What is that?

I came

The keyboard and all looks fine but something about those screen bezels looks retarded

people who get it
"I'm a cock sucking consumer who will pay MacBook money for any piece of shit with a ThinkPad logo on it because marketers told me it was Sup Forums approved(TM)"

ThinkPads are one of the few areas where Blacks are superior.

that thing is fuckin sexy

i have a black one

does it come in beige?
it would look great in beige

At least it has a trackpad.

Oh man I'd love to install GNU/Linux on those things. Do people still make distros for PPC these days?

Trackpad is obsolete with a trackpoint present. I thought it was just another Sup Forums meme but it's actually amazing.

Because it tries to look like a macbook

I had a feeling the ThinkPad series would going this way, being Chinese owned and all. Bought my last ThinkPad in 2014. RIP Lenovo.

Debian and gentoo have forks. Ive never personally used them on a sub ghz machine though.

I installed Mint PPC on a PowerBook G4. I liked it, but the weak processor had to constantly run at max for basic usage which made the thing hot, very hot, with a wailing fan. But PPC was able to stream videos and other things that MountainGoat or whatever it's called couldn't.

I ended up tossing it because it didn't have a power supply, you know the one with the headphone jack, so I had to take it apart and solder external wires to the internal power wires (for reach), then I strung together two AC adapters to out put the needed 24 volts. It took so much work, just opening it took hours, so when one of the wires got loose I said to hell with it.

No, mackbook wants to look like it, actually new ThinkPads got awesomer design.

If it works properly. My X60 pointer lags with Parted Magic. Also, Dell incorporates both without any hitches. Why could fortune cookied IBM do the same?

Butifel.
Unfortunately, Gen1 does not feature a FullHD panel, Gen2 has those touch F* keys and Gen3 is still to expensive for a second hand Thinkpad.

They're going to make gold ThinkPads next. Get ready.

>tossing a 12" powerbook instead of spending a few bucks on a chink charger
What the fuck is wrong with you

Death

I paid absolutely nothing for it and I wanted to keep it that way.

Apple plays safe with compulsively sterile, designs. This is not *good* design, it's design-ish and crass.

Because it's not black
Which is why macbooks like shit pre 2016

>whitewashing the thinkpad
Disgusting desu

By the way, can we talk about how fucking horrible removing the dedicated buttons on a trackpad is? Oh, yay, I can just click the trackpad down! Muh æsthetic! BUT THE BOTTOM OF THE TRACKPAD STILL TRACKS. SO WHEH--so when my thumb is on it, ready to click down, it also inadvertently moves the cursor. I have to have it on the *basel* like some kind of autistic trigger discipline.

What model is that?

Is that foil or you used some chemistry?

youtu.be/JE2tqlF1-vA

based

Workarounds exist for the "clickpad" by limiting the tracking area, though it's not very straight forward and can be a nightmare for linux. On one machine I had to edit
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf
with
# This option enables the bottom right corner to be a right button on
# non-synaptics clickpads.
# This option is only interpreted by clickpads.
Section "InputClass"
Identifier "Default clickpad buttons"
MatchDriver "synaptics"
Option "SoftButtonAreas" "50% 0 82% 0 0 0 0 0"
# To disable the bottom edge area so the buttons only work as buttons,
# not for movement, set the AreaBottomEdge
Option "AreaBottomEdge" "82%"
EndSection

I found that searching for "thinkpad x50", so I'll assume that's what it is.
>Oh for the days of IBM

Thanks, user; I'll have to try this. Saw nothing in my mouse options.

At least it doesn't have a touch screen. Touch screens are a useless fucking meme only relevant for toddlers and tablets/phones. On a laptop, it sucks because the screen has to be EXTREMELY GLOSSY. I can hardly see shit at full brightness if I happen to have a light behind me because the reflection is fucking insane. Nice. Thanks, Lencucko. I could have had a cheaper, nice, matte screen, but no, let's have this expensive and irritating gimmick instead.

I NEEEEEEEEED IT

I personally like the trackpad more, I find it more /comfy/. I don't dislike the trackpoint just the trackpad feels superior to me, also the cursor moving around on it's own bugs the shit out of me

There's a little more to it. This is the source I pillaged from:
penguintutor.com/news/linux/dell-trackpad-ubuntu

Full steps:

The files used to configure the input devices are stored within the X configuration at /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/ The particular file for the touchpad is the file called 50-synaptics.conf. The file shouldn't however be edited in that folder as it can be replaced by future package updates. So first it should be copied to the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d folder. Rather than /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf, put it in the same directory with a higher number, e.g. 60-synaptics-J.conf. Then look for the section that refers to clickpads and update it as follows by adding the AreaBottomEdge entry.

# This option enables the bottom right corner to be a right button on
# non-synaptics clickpads.
# This option is only interpreted by clickpads.
Section "InputClass"
Identifier "Default clickpad buttons"
MatchDriver "synaptics"
Option "SoftButtonAreas" "50% 0 82% 0 0 0 0 0"
# To disable the bottom edge area so the buttons only work as buttons,
# not for movement, set the AreaBottomEdge
Option "AreaBottomEdge" "82%"
EndSection

btw, windows should have direct options if you dig far enough

chock full of fingerprint smudgery

Yeah, tanks, herr user; I got similar information. rileymacdonald.ca/2017/06/02/lubuntu-ubuntu-customizing-the-synaptics-touchpad/

I have 70-synaptics.conf, not 50, and I didn't do
>put it in the same directory with a higher number, e.g. 60-synaptics-J.conf
However, the result is mixed. I set it to "52%" instead to make the effect more obvious. While the bottom of the trackpad no longer seems to initiate *movement*, it still "detects touch" so that, if my thumb is on it, the cursor stops moving or begins to scroll because it interprets it as a two-finger touch.

At least using the thumb no longer moves the cursor, so I guess it's an improvement. Still disgusting though, all for chasing trendy aesthetics desu!

Because of the clitoris at the middle.