/hpg/ Headphone General Thread

>Headphone purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826138190
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tfw general is posted too early

What is the very best neutral and closed headphone there is?

Sennheiser HD800.

Sennheiser HD 800S

hd800 are not closed

Doesn't matter, buy the HD800 and put duct tape over the vents.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826138190

Philips SHP9500S for $50.

They're always like that. Best cans under $100, imo. Even better when amped

No more anime cancer shit.

No way fag, this thread was here first!

You do not belong on Sup Forums.

Key word is cancer shit, dear user-kun. Come back once you get some taste :3

Guessing you don't live in California?

the 3 and 4 year protection plans pay off for the medical treatment and therapy. practically a non-issue

Yeah, never seen that warning on any other product lol

how do you even know if something sounds better or worse? there's literally no way to tell. how do you even know if everyone doesn't hear a slightly different frequency range? maybe some people think that earbuds from the dollar store sound great and they're not wrong because their ears response EQ curve matches them, and 1000 dollar earspeakers sound bad to them.

music is a fucking hoax this is all gay frequency bullshit you're buying to spend money on things that assist you in hearing things that you can hear any other way

and honestly why even fucking listen to music, just make some up in your head and listen that way. it's always perfect

>comic sans as default OS font

heroic

Some people are brainlets, dear user

>Website has no info on it
Is this some sort of legal thing or some shit?

They just want normies to see it and go, "wew lad, $110 discount?" and impulse buy. Any technical information about it will only confuse their lizard brains.

i got a 110 dollar discount on your mom, i bet she has lots of technical information about MY lizard.

>MY lizard
Is extinct

Technical info is right in the store page you dumb user

it went extinct during your moms great flood in the interim between the carboniferous and the permian era

"all dose frequencies for only $50?"

"uh muh guh"

Want speakers not headphones
>Budget
>Source
Desktop
>Type of headphone
Speaker
>Sound signature
neutral
>Past headphones
From the 90s

I don't see what you're trying to say, ano

woah neodymium magnets

it's just like one of my Japanese animes

wrong thread

Thanks for the non anime op.

just got these in the mail
is it weird that they sound better on my samsung s3 mini than on the onboard pc soundcard?
I like how they sound, I was afraid of bass being shit but it's fine

thinking about upgrading my DT 990 600 Ohm + schiit stack to

DT 1990
Modi multibit
VALHALLA 2

Onboard audio is usually pretty shit.

>Budget
300$
>Location
Outside-In Train/Bus
>Source
Phone
>Type of headphone
Over ear - big cups preferably
>Open or closed
Probably closed
>Comfort level
Maximum comfy
>Sound signature
Balanced? No ANC is fine
>Past headphones
Senn HD600, DT 990, Sony MDX100, cheap Sony earbuds.

Looking for something I can wear while I'm riding to work in the morning, and use walking between transportation. Over ear is preferable, but I need some big cups, and would probably switch to soft pads if it came with leather.

I got to hear an LCD2 today for about an hour and it was amazing. They're so smooth in the mids it sounds like she's really standing in front of you singing. I can see why the hd600 is so well liked though because the lcd2 wasn't just a strict upgrade. It was better in some ways, yeah, but they're comparable.
I'm going to save up for one and buy it instead of a new GPU since I haven't played any Vidya in months and months.

I won't rec because I haven't heard them but that price range is pretty much just the ath-msr7, NAD hp50, and psb m4u1 so maybe look into those models.
There are red hp50 on Amazon for $150, where as they're usually $250.

>neutral
>closed
pick one.

people go for closed phones for various reasons but neutrality is not one of them.

Define neutral?