Loonix

plan 9

Windows

I actually laughed at this garbage.
Look what you faggots have turned me into.
Sombody please just hack my ram and nuke my apartment.

You are here forever.

instol gggggggemntoo

BM paddtruuuuu BIDIo gammmm!!!!!!

i use windows

AMD

macOS

it's the linux fags that need package managers to do everything for them because they can't be trusted to find a program, download it and install it on their own, without fucking everything up

it's the same retards who first fall for "le botnet telemetry evil micro$$$$oft stealz muh daytah", break their systems copypasting random powershell scripts and mindlessly flipping switches in gpedit following a clickbait "412 ez tweaks to make your windows more secure" guide on some "tech-journalism" site, who then go to reddit and Sup Forums and screech how "windows suckz" and that they are downloading ubuntu right now.

oben sores guud! fug deNiSA!

I utilize software and hardware that gets the job done instead of arguing about operating systems on Sup Forums or basing my entire identity around operating systems.

Windows 7 with/without Arch Linux VM

where does his brain go?

>implying package managers are in any way bad
Nice bait, but this really spoiled it.

they are restricting

installing programs in linux after windows feels like putting on a chastity belt

See, if you want to bait better you have to actually know what you're talking about and not just pretend to be massively retarded. This is not Sup Forums or /the_pol/. Get better and come back another time.

ganoo loonix

He's right though they're awfully restricting.
It's weird Windows Store and macOS store get shit on but package managers don't for being the exact same horrendous streamlined shit.
Maybe you'll grow out of your defensive over all things Linux phase someday sweetie.

fuck loonix had over to bsd general

that's why I like portage, personally

>samefagging and repeating your own retarded ""argument""
Much to learn. Back to kindergarten.

You can use a package manager in GNU+Linux AND install other software independently like on windows.

Stop being retarded.

>install other software independently
only if it's a selfcontained software

i.e. on windows i use one software that creates and redirects virtual and hardware midi ports
another piece of software can send something to these midi ports, and one more program can receive and play it back.

since linux is essentially never stable, various sound engines emerging and getting replaced yearly, let alone the kernel itself changing hardware calls around, the only way to get a scheme like above work if it exists in an up-to-date and maintained repository, where someone has already tested that combination out and prepared it for you. If it's not in the repository, might try a third party repository with +95% incompatibility chance ( since linux is so fragmented ), otherwise, bad luck.

not good enough bait

If you want to bitch about closed systems, bitch about FAG OS X

linux needs to get it's shit together, so people can actually start working on making it great

all these cinnamon mate mint budgie crapgie forked abominations need to go

> only if it's a selfcontained software
Of course, just like on Windows where some programs will require DirectX, C++ Redist and .NET Framework.

Linux is a kernel dumbass, not an OS. Linus doesn't have to do anything. He already did what he needed to do and continues to build upon it. You need to stop expecting to get spoon fed everything.

Stop blaming the kernel and blame the people who want to fork shit to make it their own.

>package managers are bad
>why?
>hurr user software is not always compatible or stable
An actual retard in the wild, wow.

calm your autism

when people say "linux" they obviously mean "dozens of distributions with hundreds of DEs and window managers, that all come and go and do the same thing over and over, all of them running on linux kernel"

ive never once said it's bad
i said it's restrictive

some people ( like linux users ) need restrictions, some don't
heck, even linux users themselves start to understand it now

>You need to stop expecting to get spoon fed everything.
aka you should have to work just to use a fucking os for basic shit
bravo the autistic freetard strikes again

>restrictions
>on GNU+Linux

You can modify the whole OS to your liking, program your own programs, modify someone else's programs and more.

Can you check the source code of windows? Can you modify the source code of windows?

You're retarded.

It's not restrictive in any way whatsoever. It's literally just a software delivery and management system. Your criticism of apps being incompatible with each other or having different dependencies or lacking a unified platform has nothing to do with the way the apps are installed, you absolute blubbering retard. Using choco on Windows as we speak and having a great time.

How is it restricting? It's easy to install software without the package manager as well... Just compile it or whatever. It's not restricting to have it conveniently. Look at the iphone copying it with the istore and even Windows copied it because it's convenient.

> Flatpak
That was called "static builds" before. Besides, there's still going to be some dependencies like libc.

>various sound engines emerging and getting replaced yearly
Maybe the top sound engine has changed once in the past 10 years, the bigger issue is that the interfaces change. Sure, Windows has a much better collection of software, but then your complaint should simply be "Linux doesn't support the software I want" rather than patently false shit like

>the kernel itself changing hardware calls around
and
>linux is so fragmented

>shitposting emerges into serious discussion

>You can modify the whole OS to your liking
yea and then you end up with an OS nobody will support, because it has no other users except (You)

If you use a distro that requires you to do work like Arch or gentoo then yes you have to work. They are distros for brainlets.

Not that hard saying Linux Distro

>one developer
>one maintainer
>one user
>you know them all personally
The perfect OS.

Then don't make your own distro faggot