Does anyone here Home Cinema?

Does anyone here Home Cinema?

For £150 i got a pretty great projector. Pair o basic speakers and an amp all hooked up to Xbox One and a firestick.

120" screen.

Pic taken with flash to show other items in room for a size comparison.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.de/itm/311484129602
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's the movie, OP

Pacific Rim

Hyper Sapien: People from Another Star

>projecting on a beige wall

wtf get a screen

I got a screen 95" for free which is why i started the project but once i got the projector i found i had much more wall space plus putting a screen up would ruin the wall.

The beige is fine when the lights are all off.

Watching a horror/thriller/monster movie every day this month on my comfy 100" screen. Got a decent 1080p projector, but I need better sound. Thinking about getting a sound bar.

>Does anyone here Home Cinema?

Nice isnt it user?
Got a BenQ for about 300 UK shekels three years ago. No regrets at all.
Have it in my conservatory. Useless until the evening, then I watch mad amounts of kino on it. One of the best things I ever bought.

But seriously user, at least paint that wall white?

get some better chairs and that could be ultra /comfy/

I think it too slav to be comfy.

why does this looks a lot like a shitty 3d render

what are the best cheap projectors out there for a first-timer with this?

it's not a render?

>The beige is fine when the lights are all off.

i bet you run your TV at 100% contrast

OP here, this is the one i got the description says its native 720p but everything i plug in is running at 1080p 60hz. Im sure the experts here will say this is a piece of shit but for £150 im very very happy with it, even just projecting onto a beige wall. £8 for a bracket i already basic speakers and amp

ebay.de/itm/311484129602

>ebay.de/itm/311484129602

Well the colour from that is probably all fucked up anyway so I guess that's why you don't care about the weirdness you'd get from the beige wall.

Calling it 'Home Theatre' is a bit of a stretch. It's more 1970's caravan tier theatre.

Its the best thing that ever happened in my life

>projecting this hard

Its the true nirvana anons

The LG MiniBeam is a portable (as in built in battery for up to 2 hours) 720p LCoS LED projector. It's not that bright and doesn't have zoom, but it was part of a promotional deal so people are dumping them for 200 burgers new on eBay. I have one for when my BenQ TH 670 is too bright/too hot for the situation.

Uh user where are your house's shadows...

How good are 1080p projectors? I've never really seen one in a home environment, but I always imagined that the screen door effect due to low resolution and a very large image would be pretty terrible, unless you're also sitting very far away. It seems like one of the areas where 4K could really do a lot of good.

Do those projectors look 100x better in person because every time someone takes a photo it looks like complete shit.

A 4K HDR TV with dolby vision is nirvana, but only playing Halo.

120inches is garbage.

I when projections become cheap enough to be able to project 4k on the side of my barn then I'll consider it. Until then I'll keep going to the movie theaters and using my 75'' tv.

They can look pretty good.

Looks like Pacific Rim.

Your house looks like a screenshot from Second Life but with more mold.
Why do the chairs look like they've been photoshopped on?

They do. I got a Benq MW663 that does 1280x800 and it looks decent at 80' using my yellow wall as the screen. If you're going to buy a projector, get at least an full HD one, otherwise you will notice small squares if you really put attention.

The only thing i dislike it's the noice since i have to use the "altitude mode" on mine. By the way, DLP > LED

>projector is on shelf, level with the screen similar to
>need to raise back legs by several inches or half the projection is on the ceiling
>need to adjust keystone
>well never see as many pixels as if the projector just pointed straight ahead instead of up at a 15 degree angle
why do they do this, just to try and sell the ceiling mounts?

can't you just put your projector on the shelf upside down?

good setup
can we get some more info on it

Pictures always look shit its great in real life

Iv told you (or others) there is no weirdness from the beige wall. Im a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" and for £150 im very very happy with mine and im suprised more people dont do this instead of spending £1000s on a much smaller tv.

I do agree with you about naming it a home theatre. I might build a screen myself at some point

why don't you set this shit up in your room so you can watch movies in your bed with your waifu?

That playstaion pad is stenciled onto the sofa.

Are you a Sim?

But already I do?

Enjoy your house fire

45 inch Sony Bravia on pic related. I use an HTCT 100 for sound for my PS4, PS3, Roku Ultra, and Wii U. I'll probably upgrade to an OLED when they get under 1000 bucks.

>projector thread
>posts TV

it's that zeos faggot

Bought a projector for around $1000.

Made a fuck ton of noise so I returned it.