Look at that subtle off-white coloring, the tasteful thickness of it... oh my god, it even has a watermark

>Look at that subtle off-white coloring, the tasteful thickness of it... oh my god, it even has a watermark.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LGpH_aYBvqY
youtube.com/watch?v=-A-vRZth7SI
youtu.be/nLy_jEbuY-U?t=9m42s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>no Windows keys
Into the trash it goes.

>He uses windows keys
Dont be a MicroCuck
Get yourself a real OS

>British keyboard layout
ew

>numpad
>not dvorak
>no windows key
what a piece of shit

>That's bone. And the lettering is something called Silian Rail

>windows key
>tenkeyless
back to ****it

You can use them in other OSes as a macro key

owo what's this?

i prefer the hhkb tbhqhwy

>Get yourself a real OS

Nice. I don't know if it's the same model or anything, but it looks a lot like my first keyboard some 20+ years ago.

Nice numpad, nerd!

That's a Model M2, my friend. My personal favorite keyboard ever made. It was thrown out some time during college, when I brought another one semester. Shame.

The image isn't mine, but mine was identical.

Every other major OS is UNIX, dummy

Sup Forums-related American Psycho business card scene thread!? Or is that too narrow of a topic?

Anyways, have this youtube.com/watch?v=LGpH_aYBvqY

>not using the superior blue badge

> thrown out
Fucking wasteful burger. Why would you trash something that works?

>He doesn't use the super key

Tell me about the "real OS" you run, you must be so smart

I found mine in a basement about to be thrown out. It's sort of a limited edition only manufactured for europoors. Honestly, compared to M the build quality is a bit lackluster but still a great, more portable variant.

Why isn't this made anymore?

It is tho, just under a different name
youtube.com/watch?v=-A-vRZth7SI

I've had mine for almost two years, I love it

what's an accountant doing in Sup Forums?

Same, the best switches available in existence.

Numpads are nice whenever you type a few sequential numbers, plus when using the calculator

Blue badge is mexishit.

I have a mx5000 and an m15.

I use one of these at work, everyone who walks by comments on it. Girls ask if they can try typing on it. Not even kidding, it has changed my whole life.

why do people like these? i used one of these throughout my childhood and i hated it when if i didn't press a button exactly on the middle but a bit on the edge i had to reposition my finger or to apply more force to press it
also it's loud

I went away to college, and when I came back my parents had thrown out any extra keyboards and CRTs.

CTRL-ESC, motherfucker. Model M master race reporting.

I used one at work too, until my officemate told me it was annoying her. She was a nice old Chinese lady so I had to oblige and take it home and put it away.

But this is even more true of membrane keyboards.
They were the cheap shit keyboard of the day, but still buckling spring, and the feel of typing was more advanced than the steel plate Model M.

Blue badge a shit.

It's nowhere near to the original IBM. It's a cheaper product all around. Probably still better than any modern mechanical keyboard, but you can't say it's as good as pre-2000 Model M

I can't open file explorer with Ctrl+Esc+E

>ISO
disgusting

They aren't switches what you'd call switches on a mechanical keyboard.
They are just buckling springs.

Hipster dumbass.

Have you used the 90s mexican model ms? Unicomp is a whole lot better then that shit.

scrolling to see this.

Model M's are shit though compared to Model F's.
Why do youngsters find the Model M so appealing? Sure it's an okay keyboard for a AT, but it's one of the worst IBM keyboards.

You don't use the Super Key?
Must suck. I feel sorry for you.

>full size model m
Not the SSK
Not the M13
Not the model F
Shit thread OP

HNNNNGGG

>fn key for pause\break, scroll lock, and sysrq

what is this? I want this.

I started carrying around one of these babies when I'm out with my laptop.

Everytime I whip it out people are coming up to me and totally into me. I see chicks checking my out from across the room and people consistently completement me on how good I look with it.

I almost burst out laughing one day when some loser was using phone as a keyboard for his pathetic little laptop. Like, I'm over here drinking my coffee with everyone looking at me and some idiot is over then being a beta male with his phone keyboard.

>having the @ symbol away from the shift keys
>needing to press shift to use #

Unitedstateans are retarded

Leopold FC980C with Topre switches

I own and use a 1990 gray logo IBM Model M made in the UK. Quality's amazing. I don't know the Mexican ones nor if they're actually shit, but I know that American and British production lines made some damn fine keyboards, the latter as I said I know for a fact

Some of the mexican made model ms used pad printed keycaps instead of dye sub, which automaticaly makes unicomp better.

Model F all need to be converted or attached to an adapter, layout wise it's the model M that stuck, not the F, because it was superior, Model F plastics are more brittle and fragile than Model M, and the difference between capacitive and membrane is so minimal that it's practically irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. On the other hand the F doesn't need any bolt mod because the barrel plate isn't riveted to the metal plate.

Sure the Model M was a cheaper version, but it was also an improved version, and those improvements outweight the corner cuttings.

Don't use the poorfag ones, use the all metal ones with the modern layout

>Don't use the poorfag ones, use the all metal ones with the modern layout
What are you talking about?

youtu.be/nLy_jEbuY-U?t=9m42s

Dude nearly ejaculates while unboxing a never used before Model M.

Sorry
>more modern layout*
Are you happy now?

No: I didn't know that IBM made all metal Model F.

Who cares. Topre 55g > Model M style buckling spring.

Are you retarded? Do you understand what the term "switch" means, or why it is applied to keyboards?

>tfw fell for the trackpoint meme
>tfw no mechanical TKLs with 3 buttons
>tfw simultaneously not autistic enough and too poor for a yoda

Get a mechanical thinkpad keyboard from Lenovo :^)

we found a Gen Z

>rubber domes > buckling spring
>saying that on Sup Forums

Why the fuck would you use it on a modern day computer? They are great keyboards for old computers, but why on Earth, why? Retarded shit.

>Model F plastics are more brittle and fragile than Model M
Stopped reading there, obviously a dumbass/hipster, Model F is full metal.

ENFL, uh?
If you read the post, it already said, they aren't "switches" like what you'd call "switches" on mechanical keyboards are like.
They are membrane contact "switches", unlike "switches" like Alps or Cherries that are self contained. What's up with underage in this thread?

You're an idiot. Only the 4704 model Fs were made from metal, the other 99% were made from plastic

I don't know what made you comment in the first place with your stupid shit, but I am laughing at you trying to explain it.

Do you understand what the fuck a switch is, you brainlet? Holy fuck the retardation is incredible.

I've used Cherry MX reds, browns, clears, and a Unicomp Model M prior to buying an all 55g Topre keyboard, and the answer is yes, Topre > all.

>Why the fuck would you use it on a modern day computer?
If you're referring to Model F, then I have no idea. I use a Model M, and I was advocating for it, since it's as modern as any full size keyboard produced today (unlike the Model F).

>refers to a super rare model
>calls me hipster
Did you take your pills today user?

Can come firm. Unicomp a shit.

I don't think those girls check you out, you creepy weird fuck with a giant keyboard at Starbucks.

Model M maste race

>getting chinked this easily

Shoulda just decked her, mate. Fuck that chink cunt

They may not be as good as the old ones but given they're the only buckling springs keyboards produced they're the best you can get new.

switch |swiCH|
>noun
>1 a device for making and breaking the connection in an electric circuit

>people consistently completement me on how good I look
>with a fucking keyboard

Early blue badges are alright, mine is from February of '93 and it still has the removable cable and two-part keycaps.

Wish I had grown up with the US or UK keymap.
I'm used to this abomination to the point that I can't be bothered to switch to anything else.

At least I'm using the same keymap Linux was written with I guess.