Noobuntu, how do you guys feel about it being the posterboy of linux for normies

Noobuntu, how do you guys feel about it being the posterboy of linux for normies.

Doesn't matter rather a normie friendly distro than just unstable arch clones

autists hate that it's more useful than their anime desktop machines

idrc. I used to use it when I was new to the whole linux thing.

Good, because it's the only usable distro.

I don't care what weebs think of my server's OS. It works for me and does all that I ask of it.

At least arch based stuff werks

Ubuntu doesn't

The problem with Ubuntu not working is people trying to touch it. Ubuntu is perfectly fine for a normie/grandma OS where you never ever give them root password or sudo. I feel much better about normies having automatic security updates and no malware.

>thinks arch linux is more stable than ubuntu

Really depends on what you need to install, if you're running something from outside Ubuntu repos it's pretty inevitable that something will explode. Apt can't handle dependency version management too well.

Gentoo boys need to use terminal less and ubuntu babbies need to use it more.

solus is nice

It is though, less can go wrong on a more minimal installation. Arch in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing is more stable than a base ubuntu install.

How much knowledge of linux does one person need to use Gentoo / Arch without fucking it up?

Quite a bit. Ideally people without that knowledge shouldn't have any access to install software but the "Software Center" or whatever you get with various buntus should cover your ass even with access, as long as you never ever stray.

Kevin detected

It actually is, I think just running budgie on Arch is better though. I did that for a while.

fine, i guess
do you feel any better, OP?

>gentoo
A lot I'm assuming
>arch
Not that much, you learn on the go, be prepared to nuke your installation a few times when you're learning though, it's a hobbyist OS. Arch will teach you, but she is a cruel mistress.

If you can get past the installation alone you're ready I guess. They're distros for NEETs with a lot of free time on their hands to learn every single thing about linux.

Just werks. You're free to use your hobby system if your enjoy that, but there's nothing leet about drudge configuration.

learning every single thing about linux might actually be really useful for an IT career since a large majority of servers run on linux or whatever
fuck, now i actually want to learn to use arch. can i learn the same shit with a bash tutorial or a simpler variation of arch?

>Arch
>minimal
My sides

Only distro I've ever used that didn't make networking an absolute pain in the fucking cock

Just install it and learn as you go, it's a hobby.

I don't use Ubuntu but I am very glad it exists. Ubuntu provides the standard for the commercial industry when it comes to porting window apps to Linux, like games, etc. It's impossible to dev for all the distraction but if they can just do Ubuntu, us in the community can generally do the rest. It's a good common denominator. (I run Debian on servers and desktops and Arch on laptops by the way)