Time to install ubuntu

>time to install ubuntu
>5 minutes, one restart and you're done
>time to install wangblows 10
>5 hours, have to listen to cortana's bullshit, thirty restarts, a million check boxes to disable ads

Why is this allowed?

Different systems install things differently. Also, the "consumer quality" one is built using build scripts from the 90s and no one knows how they work

what

Windows is a very shakily built OS and it shows

stop talking out of your ass senpai
all windows versions are the same they just turn off features from version to version lookup sysprep if you dont believe me

If they're all the same that explains the build quality being the same across versions, doesn't it?

it takes 5 minutes to boot ubuntu

wangblows comes in 5 seconds.

maybe ya shouldnt get the home edition if you dont want botnet.

ubuntu home edition?
nigga wat

>he thinks any consumer PC built after 2009 isn't hardware botnetted
Get a load of this kid.

My Ubuntu machine boots in 30 seconds, my windows one in about the same.

Kid, both my Arch Linux and Windows 7 partition boot at the same time (although Arch boots a bit faster sometimes).

Forgot to add the time: around 1 minute and 30 seconds (curse you mechanical HDD).

Sounds like you don't know how to set up Arch Linux properly.

what the fuck are you talking about? My Arch Linux installation has been stable for over 4 months now (actually, it hasn't fucked up yet).

You forget
>spend 5 hours removing potteringware

Am i the only one who windows 10 install boots sub 10 seconds? I bet it'd be shorter if the bios didn't take the longest.

lennart's bullshit is orders of magnitude less obnoxious than microsoft's bullshit.

Windows 10 15 mins. 2 restarts. Enjoy your knee deep forum searches just make things “work”

There are many arguments for/against both Windows and Ubuntu. If you're argument for/against either is difference in boot times, you're:

1) a retard that set something up wrong on one of your systems.

2) too fucking stupid to work two days of work at minimum wage to buy an SSD.

>install kubuntu (might try MATE next time i have time to fuck with my t420)
>takes 30 minutes because of slow HDD, get all my applications and then get going

>install windows 7 on the very same T420
>takes a day of grueling driver installation and "update failed" messages, everything's slow as shit for no reason
Maybe I'm on some dud shit but if Windows were as plug-and-play as shills thought, wouldn't this process be the other way around?

I'm of the opinion that Microsoft is actively sabotaging updates to Windows 7 systems. Remember when the deadline for free upgrades was approaching, they released a Win 7 update that bricked a bunch of Asus(IIRC) mobos?

damn, that sucks
luckily everything i need for school runs on *buntu with a bit of fiddling, so i'm gonna stick with that until i get something that can run 10 properly

> install windows 10
>install is like 15gb, takes less than a half hour to install

>install centos7
>install is about 6gb with the packages I want
>install takes 2 hours, I'm almost convinced it just hung a couple times
>first time I do a system update it bricks the OS

So this...is the power....of Linux....whoa

>install win 7
>best of the both worlds

>comparing an enterprise OS to a consumer toy
i know what you mean about centos though, that thing's a real bitch to install.

Thats the time it takes to install the Botnet.

>using wangblows 7
>need to install wangblows 10 to play forza
>install it
>nshitvidia driver wont install

Great OS desu.

>this angers and confuses the wangblows 10 user