Previous:
>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Hello guys, my first post here, so let's hope this goes well ;)

Here it is:

It only cost me 8£ brand new. Why is it good you ask? I shall tell you.

Well, first of all: this keyboard is from Logitech, which is undoubtedly the best keyboard manufacturer today. It is a rather common keyboard, yes; but because it is a Logitech, somehow it doesn't feel cheap. It's like the brand itself makes a crappy keyboard turn into a great one. I don't know, Logitech has always made me feel comfortable with cheaper products. The keys are superbly well distributed, and your fingers won't touch the surrounding keys like some other ones I've tried. The keys are also not very soft, nor very hard to press down on. You know, this keyboard makes it just right, so that you can actually take advantage of the impulse that the rebounding keys give you.

This keyboard makes you feel like gravity is actually working WITH you, rather that against you.

Another thing I absolutely love about it, is the space bar. It is just the right size, and not too small or too big like on some other crappy keyboards from other manufacturers. The space bar is the most balanced key in the whole keyboard, it sits right at the center, and you can actually use it without looking at the keyboard. I mean, that's just brilliant design. It's an USB keyboard. This makes it perfect for use with modern computers, and even laptops and netbooks. No more using that old crappy PS/2 port. We're in 2017, people. I could be here all day, but in the end, I just wanted to share with you my experience with this marvelous piece of peripheral engineering.

I recommend this keyboard to anyone.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Mechanical-GooBang-Anti-Ghost-Waterproof-changable-Black/dp/B06XWDBZZ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507205567&sr=8-1&keywords=goobang mechanical keyboard
youtube.com/watch?v=u6pgJ0ffBIo
logitech.com/en-us/product/k120
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not going to lie, K120 is a brilliant keyboard. used them during college on their computers and bought my own for home use when I built my own system.

Are they actually that good? How do the keycaps hold up over time?

>K120 is a brilliant keyboard.
Yes it is.

good keyboard, very durable membrane. been using for 5 years then moving to mechanical for recreational purpose and hobby

Did it last well? Was it nice and quiet?

Fix your posture.

still fully functional. some keycap index wear out tho
what posture?

They are good for a rubber dome. They feel like short throw topres

I love Romer-G switches!

No you don't.

Yes I do!

model name/number?

I bought this yesterday on an amazon lightning deal. did I get memed?

amazon.co.uk/Mechanical-GooBang-Anti-Ghost-Waterproof-changable-Black/dp/B06XWDBZZ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507205567&sr=8-1&keywords=goobang mechanical keyboard

Arino K2

I have a k120 that I bought as part of a keyboard+mouse combo for 50€.

The mouse started double clicking after a few months of use but the keyboard is absolutely brilliant. I have tried several mechanical keyboards with various switches and I don't feel like a mech would provide me an improvement over the k120.

How much was it?

I want to buy a unicomp trackball but it's pretty expensive and the lack of NKRO is really turning me off.
But those bucking springs though fuck

Yes

Are you a hard core profesional gaymer? If not then nkro is a meme

Why would nkro matter for pro gaymurs anyway?

K120 master race

Because in some games you need to press a lot of keys at the same time.

Keybinds
if i want to move a window to another desktop in i3, that 4 keys at once there.

I had a K120 at work. It was almost perfect, though I think I'm used to the keys being taller, not sure about that.

However I once ended up spilling cola on it, and the keys stuck together. I washed it out properly, but now the keys are harder to press, like if they weren't oiled well enough or so. They only press down easily from a perfect 90 degrees angle from above, if I tilt them from the side just a little (as it is usually done when typing), they are much harder to press.

I think the dishwasher removed whatever lubricant was there on the mechanism, I dunno.

Is there a mechanical keyboard that has the exact same key layout as the K120, is full height, and is very, very easy to type on? By that I mean I can rest my hands on the keys without any key being hit, but it doesn't take any force to press the keys down if I want to. Something suitable for speed typing at work. If it has extra keys, that's a bonus.

I'd consider investing on a mechanical keyboard like that if it had exchangeable switches, so I don't need to buy a whole new keyboard when the old one breaks.

But modifiers don't count towards the limit. I can see how 2kro can be a limit in some games, but for normal use is there any negative situation where you need nkro

If you have 6KRO you will never be able to play a BMS.

I wish keycaps has the hex color included in the product description. guess the only safe thing would be to buy a set instead of the 4pc blank set from bang good.

not gona lie, former logitech supporter here, at first the keys feel comfy and light but then you realize that its all cheap and the true keyboards are heavy big and strong, its hilarious to see them innovate and resell well established products like the MX master but in all seriousness we have to prevent them access to the F row.

Who /ModelM/ here?

>ISO
Only proper american made IBMs should be allowed in this thread

IBM UK carried on making true IBM Model Ms when the yanks sold out. UK variants are better

Anyone used a Dvorak keyboard? Can you switch back and forth between that and QWERTY?

>90s IBM
>Better then 80s
Enjoy your thin plates, cheaper case, and worse keycaps

Hey guys,

What is this brand? Looks pretty nice

tx

Vortex Pok3r
Not to be confused with IKBC Poker

just picked up one of these at the mac store, anyone here have one?

Show us your 80's Model M then

That's the original Bluetooth keyboard in the image. Better keys IMHO (non mech)

Newer version has very minimal travel keys (which Apple fixed recently, cause, you know, it was shit).

that's what I used to use before I got my first mech, they're pretty good as far as chiclet keyboards go.

I already did. I also have a 90s model M and it sucks compared to the 80s one.

youtube.com/watch?v=u6pgJ0ffBIo

Third mechanical keyboard. Really like the Gateron Clears. For anyone who's tried both, how do the Topre 30g keys compare to them? That'd be the next thing I'd want to try.

Topre 30g feels more linear-ish than 45g or 55g. The whole appeal in Topre is the tactile feel, the 30g ones feel pretty boring, like a rubber dome, but with not very much tactility. If you want to try Topre, I'd suggest you go for 45g or 55g.

t. Gateron clears are my favorite switch so far, have a HHKB and tried Topre in all weights available. Also tried a whole bunch of other switches.

how do you arrow?

>it sucks
That's because it lacks a piece. :^)

Jokes aside, it's really misleading to refer to Model M with the decades: pic related. Also, throughout production many features found in some generatiins bled through the previous or next generation.

I just really like the lightness of the presses. I've never liked pushing hard on the keys; for me, the lighter the better, so I figure I would prefer 30g over 45g or 55g. If what you're saying is really true, I don't think I'll bother with Topre unless I can try it out first.

Could you compare topre 55g to cherry mx clears? Or is it like comparing apples to oranges

I no jokes have a K120 I use daily
Its no mechanical, its not as comfy as my ibm KB rubber dome was, but its not a bad board by any means. In the age of island style chiclet keys these flush rubber domes are nice
Buuuut, you get what you pay for. Because I'm a left thumb space bar user the left side of my spacebar sinks lower than the right side.

Otherwise, the meme is real, its about as good as you can get new for like 10 bucks.

what is the difference between cherry switches and another mechanical switches?

it seems like world pissed itself from cherry mx and the rest is criticized....so are the rest really shit or almost the same or even better?

Knowing how much I like gat clears, and how nice and light and linear they are, I doubt you'll like 30g topre. That being said, I have no idea and you can always order one and send it back if you don't like it.

Topre is heaviest at the middle of the keypress, then it collapses. Mx clears are pretty much the opposite of that. I'm a big fan of both, but topre and mx clears are a pretty far apart in terms of feel. Topre feels (unsurprisingly so) like a rubber dome, clears feel like the best switch cherry ever made.

I never mentioned 90s being better than 80s you dumb sperg

literally just load up on caffeine dexedrine and nicotine and type your motherfucking brains out on any keyboard. jesus.

Oh hey I have that one with me right now.

These two buttons are what I love most about my ThinkPad x220. But no mechanical keyboard I find on the internet has these two buttons. Is it possible for me to buy two keys, place them in a particular place on a keyboard and then map them through the OS? Or have I got my whole understanding of mechanical keyboards wrong and they are simply just keyboards with standard key layout which feel and sound pretty

>all that dead finger skin
Keep your images away from my non-Brazilian eyes, Paulinho

Anything heavier than Cherry MX Greens?

It's dust.
And I dare you to flip your keyboard right now and rattle it.

I found one of these 2 dollars at a thrift shop the other day.
Well worth it.

Comfort plays a factor in long typing sessions. If your keyboard is not comfortable to type on you may end up with painful hands, wrists and forearms.
Thing like tactile feedback are used for those subliminal checks when typing to make minimal mistakes.

So finding a keyboard that you find comfortable in many ways is very important for people who type a lot. If a full custom mechanical that costs more than my entire PC is what you need, that's fine. If you type best on pic related, you're gross but whatever floats your boat and keeps your hands from hurting.

Well, there are other designs that still get produced: Matias, topre, and buckling springs, mainly.
Matias Clicky and Quiet switches are probably better than Cherry equivalents, but they eventually run in keychatter, because quality control is laughable when compared to Cherry.

Topre are glorified rubber domes, but they're considered amongst the best switches in the market, way above Cherry; their only downside, they're stupidly expensive, and are not as "flexible" as Cherry switches since they're not singularly self-contained, meaning they can be found only in a very limited number of keyboards and brands.

Buckling springs again are leagues above Cherry MX Blue, are relatively cheap, basically immortal, but again they're not self-contained, and only Unicomp produces them for their handful of keyboard models nowadays.

Cherry became leader thanks to a surprising amount of circumstances, and the fact that they're relatively cheap and easy to produce and employ in various keyboards designs by a plethora of different companies. Nowadays they're widespread simply because they're widespread, not because they're the best.

>IBM UK carried on making true IBM Model Ms when the yanks sold out.
That happened in the 90s dumb dumb, so you did mention it.

Mx super blacks

You guys would know this, should I get this model M?
There's a junk store near me that I find a lot of cool shit in (if anyone here browses /retro/ you know what I'm talking about) and I found this Model M a while back.
Its dirty as fuck, its missing the esc key and a bunch of caps. Buying replacements adds up to about 25$ in caps
But he only asks 5$ for any keyboards.
Worth it? I got no problem deep cleaning keyboards, the issue is having to spend more money on caps compared to just buying a model M on eBay for a bit more

Basically imagine a rescue puppy vs buying a specific puppy

Of course I forgot the picture

And are really old-school apple keyboards any fun to use? Lots of them here. A lot need some retrobriting but theyre all intact for the most part.

Couple of unbranded things in there with stickers in Korean that are rock fucking solid looking, made of steel, with that phone line style connector
There was a C64 in there that someone thought was a keyboard but another guy that was there picked it up when I pointed it out.

That keyboard is in a pretty sorry state and the biggest risk is that the plate, the contacts, everything might be rusted, the barrels might be scratchy as fuck and so on.

That keyboard might require some real effort to come back to life, especially if you need to separate the metal plate from the barrel plate, at which point you'll have to do a bolt mod to piece it together, or even repair or replace the controller.

The only good apple keyboards are the AEK and AEK 2
Don't bother with any other ones. The old dell AT101 keyboards are good too

Yes

That does not imply in any way that the 90's Model M's are better than the earlier counter parts DUMB DUMB.
I was merely stating that when the American boards turned into lexmark pieces of shit with permanently attached cables, IBM UK retained the traditional Model M's.

I find those to be the most useless keys on my KB... what do you use them for?
On browser you can ALT+LEFT and ALT+RIGHT for the same purpose

I've restored Model M's in worse condition than that. Buy it.

The fuck are you going on about? I never implied the 90s IBMs were better, you did.

No you troglodyte learn to read. I said UK Variants are better, not 90's variants.

Fucking unemployed retards of Sup Forums.

You said when IBM sold out retard. That happened in the 90s

>mechanical keyboard general
>people posting and talking about non-mechanical keyboards
Isn't that out of the scope of this thread?

All keyboards are mechanical if you go by the literal defnition

logitech.com/en-us/product/k120

Hey Sup Forums, why the Enter key on the K120 photos posted here is different from the photo on Logitech's page?

How new to keyboards are you?

Jesus christ you really are brain dead aren't you. Allow me to break this conversation down for you.

Original statement: Only proper american made IBM's should be allowed in this thread
My reply: IBM UK carried on making true IBM Model M's when the yanks sold out (this happened in 1996) therefore my statement simply suggests the IBM Model M's made in the UK after 1996 are superior to their US counterparts. Not fucking once did I mention 1980's models...

You fucked up... It's not the end of the world.

Hell I don't even have an 80's model M other than my 1987 SSK so I wouldn't even judge them.
It's common knowledge that 80's model m's had higher standards in regards to interior plate thickness and case thickness. Apart from that the Model M's across all generations are practically the same - including keycaps. The tooling has just aged.

Let me explain something to you. When I say American, I mean the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, not North America you fucking dumb ass
I don't give a shit about the mexican made Model Ms. Its true the UK model Ms are better then the mexishit but I was talking about the American, or USA model Ms, which are better then the UK ones.

>Model M's made in the UK after 1996 are superior to their US counterparts
One problem with that statement. IBM stoped making model ms in the US after 96. In a way it is correct since they didn't exist.

that model yeah. the magic keyboard 2 (the newer model) is absolutely awful.

What are you going on about now? I knew perfectly well you meant the US... That isn't even relevant.

I love it how you're trying to argue about something else now to hide the fact you made yourself look like a retard. Allow me to rub this in your face and explain once again why you are an idiot.

You or someone else stated only American made Model M's should be allowed in this thread.

I replied stating IBM UK were just as good and continued to be just as good long after IBM USA sold their keyboard division to Lexmark (which resulted in cheaper Model M's) Not once did I mention 1980's variants you silly child :)

Also the only location Model M's were produced IN THE UNITED STATES was Lexington so it's doesn't even fucking matter whether it's North America or the US, the answer is the fucking same. They produced the boards in LEXINGTON and IBM stopped production and SOLD OUT to Lexmark in 1996.

IBM continued Model M production in Scotland

Good job on making yourself look like a retard, I'm afraid my knowledge on these far surpasses yours

>Hey Sup Forums, why the Enter key on the K120 photos posted here is different from the photo on Logitech's page?

ISO standard vs ANSI standard.

ISO has the shorter, 2-row Enter, and two or three extra keys to work better for international languages that have more characters (mostly accents).

>Putting words in my mouth
You even said it yourself. IBM keyboards made in the US are better, which was my whole point. Thanks for ageeing with me. Now we can finally stop arguing.

I never said that... You're either trolling for damage control or you're just a massive sperg. Either way I'm done with you.

IBM UK and IBM US prior to 1996 were as good as each other.

IBM UK > IBM US after 1996.

End of.

Are you trolling. There was no such thing as IBM US after 96

Yes there was lol... Lexmark produced Model M's for IBM USA. They were true IBM Model M's that were made by Lexmark. It wasn't until Unicomp came along where they lost the right to use the IBM logos (that's why you see a rectangular blanking plate in place of the IBM logo)

Anyway I am going now, if you want to learn a thing or two about the history of IBM check out Chyrosran22's youtube videos. It seems you could really do with some educating :P

>10-MAR-94
>MAR-94
>1994
>Nineteen nintey Four

ibm stoped making model ms in th us after 1996 retard
>94
Wow user
How about you use google first dumb ass. You don't even know the date when production stopped.

I'm now convinced you're just trolling over a typo I wrote

Sorry user but I am still right

He is right, IBM model M's started being branded as Lexmarks around 1995/6.
IBM UK carried on after this until at least 1999

Not entirely true, Lexmark was formed in 1991 but it wasn't until the mid 90's when Lexmark Model M's came through. Ones in 1993 and 1994 are usually IBM originals refurbished and rebranded by Lexmark.

Yeah, I don't think I will be trying topre because I've gotten so used to cherry clears. Whats your preference on the feel of them

anyone know where to get a light blue 104 blank keycap set?

Show me an IBM model M keyboard made the USA after 1996