What the fuck?

>Stereo speakers BUT bezels still larger than moto g2 (had stereo too)

>navigation buttons still on screen despite huge bezels

>5 inch in 2017

>fat phone

>about 800 euro

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_Runtime
dbp.noobdev.io/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalvik_(software)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What did jew mean by
>5 inch in 2017
4.7-5.5 inches are the perfect display size.
Whats disappointing is that the 5 inch just has a 1080p screen despite being a flagship. But its amoled though right? so thats good.

i had 5inch. it small to type on. thats the bottom line and sites need a bit more space. 5.5 is good is minimum now think

>Euro
Monopoly money not accepted.

Get nokia 8

google is trash

1080p is all you need for a 5 inch screen. Anything more than that will reduce battery life and performance with no benefits in quality.

>tfw you didn't buy a nexus 6 while it was available
I mean fucking hell, was this the perfect phone?
Stock android, made by Motorola in the USA, 64GB storage, huge 1440p amoled screen, dual front-facing speakers, thin bezels...
And fairly cheap as well, I believe it was around $400 a few months after it came out.

who even cares about stereo speakers

yes, it's a fantastic phone. i got one for about $300 a year or so ago. it's still going strong even though it's 3 years old. nice screen, decent performance, great battery.

unfortunately it didn't get oreo, so i'm getting the pixel 2. not XL, 6 inches is too big imo. can't easily reach the entire screen with one hand.

>make fun of apple for lack of headphone jack
>remove headphone jack
Hypocrites. Also idiots.

just install a custom ro-

nvm stay pleb

are you surprised?

i'm already running a custom rom, but once you start installing unofficial android versions shit goes haywire.

i'm honestly considering leaving the pixel 2 unrooted. it's barely worth it anymore. you can block ads with dns66, and safetynet is too annoying to dodge (magisk doesn't update frequently enough).

Adaway > DNS66

Apps requiring Safetynet are not apps worth using. hell, I still use magisk 12.0 on my RN3P

netflix (fuck them for blocking root, doesn't make sense)

android pay is kinda nice too

There's like a million alternatives to netflix and most offer better service, privacy and quality.

I have never used Android Pay, so can't say i need/miss it.
Did you try Magisk Hide?

>
>i'm already running a custom rom, but once you start installing unofficial android versions shit goes haywire.
>i'm honestly considering leaving the pixel 2 unrooted. it's barely worth it anymore. you can block ads with dns66, and safetynet is too annoying to dodge (magisk doesn't update frequently enough).

Of course you should stay unrooted but I'd recommend installing a custom recovery twrp so you can take a backup of the system on the go.

I can't believe there's no way to do a full back up in current year

Inb4 adb: no, users shouldn't have to use adb

People who can't bothered to have a pair if headphones everywhere they go.

There is no excuse not to have it when you already have a speaker in the earpiece. Besides once you go stereo you don't go back to mono phones.

when do you ever use the speakers on your phone?
Are you one of those people who play music on the train or watch shitty youtube movies???
Even at home my phone is either connected to my airpods, or bluetooth speaker,

yes, magisk hide works. but google is constantly breaking it with updates and you have to update magisk. you can't really leave your wallet behind if there's a chance that you have to take ~5 minutes to reboot and everything in order to pay.

That's why you shouldn't use Google Services at all.

Do you not have something like MobilePay in your country? It states it needs GSF but that's bullshit cus I use it daily. it supports NFC, QR and bluetooth payment (in addition to sending money directly to people who receive it instantly)

Call me when I can start making apps that compile nativly to the device and bypassing the JVM.
Until then, lag-droid.
>BTW iOS 11 is laggy as balls.

i don't think that works in the US. we can only use apple pay, android pay, samsung pay, etc. and those don't work everywhere.

for sending money to friends i usually use venmo or google wallet.

Ugh, Android 1.0.
>NDK

are you retarded or just baiting? that already happens

what about contact-less credit cards?

nope. we just now got "chipped" credit cards where you iinsert it instead of swiping. they tell us it's more secure or something. also not accepted everywhere yet.

source?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_Runtime

That's a shame. Your best option is dualbooting desu. It's a lot easier than you think, although I'm not sure your phone is supported

dbp.noobdev.io/

thanks user. i'll look into it once i get my pixel 2.

"Programs are commonly written in a dialect of Java and compiled to bytecode. Then they are converted from Java Virtual Machine-compatible .class files to Dalvik-compatible .dex (Dalvik Executable) files before installation on a device."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalvik_(software)

Therefore, there is no compiling natively. It all goes through the JVM bytecode.

"Unlike Dalvik, ART introduces the use of ahead-of-time (AOT) compilation by compiling entire applications into native machine code upon their installation."

tfw the moto g3 had the best chassis made to man, nice back

no glass shit on the back, and not thin like paper either

>hurr must be thin as fug b4 i bay

I thought that Google had enough brains to see tha backlash created when Apple went fell retard.

It seems that greed trumps all in the end.

i dont care about you or this thread. but what is wrong w 5 inch?

>>navigation buttons still on screen despite huge bezels
Why don't Goolag's learn how to implement swipe gesture like the iPhone X

>gestures
Cancer.

Uh oh, look at this guy, he's totally not a manlet.

Fuck off, dude

Wow google has made rooting the Pixel 2 almost a bigger fuck around as Jailbreaking iOS...

Literally *breathing in*... had the popcorn out all day... RIP phone operating system modifications in 2017...

i want off this time line... kids are now allowed to change their sex BUT a dev shouldnt fiddle with their mobile hardware...

BRAVO GOOGLE BRAVO

I actually loved them when I had my Palm Pre, I'd like to see that come to Android.

also
>no headphone jack

Too small for no reason. 5.5 is manageable by all

Instead they should have spent $4 extra per phone and put them 3 buttons in bezel

Google still havent learnt that cloning iphone poorly gets you nowhere

Op here

Nigga just download the apk from other sources. Netflix works fine on rooted devices. I use it daily on my rooted moto g5+ with zero problems. Worked fine on ROMs with SuperSU and Magisk

Not even my HTC 10 has this problem, the buttons are on the bottom

>made by Motorola in the USA
Sure thing

this is actually bigger than the gen 1 Pixel in every single dimension. More pronounced square corners too. This thing is an ergonomic nightmare

Pixel 2 xl is decent but overall this is a half step forward. Next year maybe they'll have phones that aren't a step down