Why do iPhones slow down after 2 years?

Why do iPhones slow down after 2 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_life
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the jews

Because you need to buy the "new" iPhone, goy.

Because programmers are good at their job.

Why do Android phones stop getting updates after one year?

hardware can't keep up with the software
I downgraded my 4s to 6.1.3 for that reason

PS: while I hate the length of the 5/5s/SE, the black 5 is their sexiest phone ever

>Implying the update isn't the cause for this

why do you think? ever notice how about 6 months after the new phone drops every year (not directly after, that'd be too suspicious) a ton of updates come out and shortly after that the phones get slower? it's a ploy to get the new phone, user.

this. fucking geniuses write shit that slows the OS down most likely. They always advertise their phones as being "faster than the last" and this is how they get you to believe that.

You have a point. But the updates for iphones cause massive slowdowns. Seems like a downgrade to me. I'd rather have no update than an unusable phone.

They make good phones and don't need updates.

t. IPhone 7 Plus owner

My 6s is going strong and my 5s is still usable.

I just preordered a Pixel 2.

Good programmers are precise.
By utilizing a specific feature that the new platform is good at and the old platform isn't, you can make an application slow on old phones without impacting new phones.

Major iOS updates are timed to coincide with the release of a new phone. Obviously they're developed with those new phones in mind, and so they end up running worse on old hardware. This isn't an Apple exclusive problem...just look how bloated the web has become. When you give lazy, shitty programmers better hardware, they use it as an excuse to be more inefficient than ever to "get the job done". It's not a vast conspiracy, just what happens when you're a company that makes its bread on butter on selling the latest and greatest. There's no incentive for Apple to make sure their 5 year old phones run just as fast on the latest OS. That's a ton of testing and dev time that doesn't give them a large return.

Android gets around this by just not offering any updates after a year or two. So pick your poison...either you get a small upgrade window, or a large upgrade window, but you have to use your brain and set a cut off when the slowdown from the latest version is too much. For me on my iPhone 6, that was iOS 11. I tried it, shit was slow, so I downgraded. Now i'll be sticking with iOS 10 until the phone dies.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_life

Do they?
My 6 is still working well, while my Nexus 4 is borderline unusable (even with latest Lineage)

>usable

I also want to know why Android phones slow down and get a 1-hour battery life after about two years.

yes, usable
More usable than any android phone from back then

It's faster than my Nexus 7 2013 with LOS.

Well of course. The 6's CPU is almost 4x faster than the nexus'. Its amazing that the nexus still keeps up. Also, why compare a 2014 phone to a 2012 phone?

So you buy a new one with no real improvements

They don't

Real life example: iPhone 5 CPU speed = any phone with snapdragon 801. Any phone with snapdragon 801 is CURRENTLY faster than iPhone 5.