Other urls found in this thread:

gnome-look.org/p/1167049/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

By being better.

By being anything other than questionable eye candy

Which theme?

By having people copy their design

I dont see any lesbians in this one

What kind of barbarian uses any other language than English in their OS?

>jewel buttons
gay

the fuck, GNU/Linux can look like that since years ago, your panties are wet because of that? LOL mac fags are really retarded.

>Chrome

If Microsoft released an Explorer that looks like that Sup Forums would laugh at useless padding and lack of information shown.

>arc icons
post a screenshot of a folder in nautilus containing
>c source file
>c++ source file
>c/c++ header file
>elf shared object file
>elf executable file
>perl file
>python file
>haskell source file
>html source file
>css source file
>javascript source file
>java source file
>java class file

I remember my first distro too, user

gnome-look.org/p/1167049/

It lags on animation. lmao GTK and gnome are the worst. Don't you deny it faggot!

By having tray icons.

By not being dogshit. All Gnome does well is looks, and that's only if you change the dogshit default themes.

This. English is not my first language but I have always had my OS and applications in English. So when I'd use a computer at school I'd look like a retard because I didn't know what anything was called in my language.

This is crazy if you think about it
Apple has a much more busy top bar that displays a universal menu ALL THE TIME yet it allows developers to display notification icons/tray icons it
This despite having a by-default always-visible dock which is also for notifications
It gives developers a choice which is supported for many years

Gnome is, fuck tray icons, you don't need them, removes them and THEN files bugs against all programs that implement them, bullying them into submission
Extensions are not a solution, is just part of everything that is wrong with Gnome
FUCK GNOME

>1366x768

>Extensions are not a solution, is just part of everything that is wrong with Gnome
Yeah, those extensions don't even work on 3.26 onwards

>whinges about macos
>uses macos icons
Drink windex

How convenient, all the screenshot have folders and low-color, low-detail, uniform "app" icons
No mimetypes to see here
It's not like mimetype icons are the most important visual element of any decent graphical file manager

Actually I don't give a shit. I look at the file extension and know my files by name, which also should be sorted alphabetically.
On my W7 machine all folders are just yellow and nearly all files except images (which are thumbnails) are just that white plain-file-symbol. ...oh and the .txt's are having the standardsymbol.

>which also should be sorted alphabetically
Talking about this, Gnome apps only allow sorting case sensitive, great fun if you want your shit sorted case insensitive.

This along with the fact that in GNU/Linux you can't put an underscore in front of a file name to have it sorted first (unlike Mac OS X or Windows) bothered me so much that I wanted to create a custom locale with a custom sort order that I will use in the $LC_COLLATE
When I read the documentation on how to do it years ago it looked so complicated that I never bothered

to add on this
>1
>10
>11
>2
>3

I don't see the problem with this one.

fpbp

>linux
>osx icons

hurr durr how can os x compete????

go back to middle school

>using a wannabe macOS icon pack
Sheesh I wonder how Apple can compete? Maybe by leading your design.

Only on terminal
And if I remember correctly pre-WindowsXP Explorer sorted this way
On Thunar for example (and years ago when I used Nautilus on Gnome 2) it sorted like this
>1
>2
>3
>10
>11

Shouldnt the usual file menus and shit be literal translations in your native tongue?

Stop with the fucking OSX shit. It looks terrible.

t. Linuxfag

$ echo $'11\n10\n3\n2\n1' | sort
$ echo $'11\n10\n3\n2\n1' | sort -g

nice file manager you got there

my 14.04 lts says otherwise

> using a DE

KDE wins yet again.

by not having that retarded side bar that wastes space

by being the best
linux sucks

>being this poor you have to fake the macOS look

your dumb

do u ever just wake up and think. dam what a good day to have system tray icons

but they don't have to, they've already won.

actually some of it is, but if you try to help a friend it often have it takes 10 minutes to just figure out how the damn thing is called in your own language

Your icon theme doesn't fit with the rest.

by having professionals that know design, design their shit vs some monkey

I guess you're going to ignore people who despise of using DEs and make circlejerks about using openbox (or modal crap like i3.)
I don't recall people being all over gnome on Sup Forums.
Oh, and keep in mind that the entire board isn't just one person with a single opinion.