PLEASE WASM SAVE US

I CANT HANDLE THE JAVASCRIPT FRAMEWORK BULLSHIT ANYMORE

Other urls found in this thread:

brython.info/
genode.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

people will put node in wasm

what we have now:
platform 1: text terminal (simplicity down to circuit level: can even work over debug wires)
platform 2: static document oriented web (mutilated beyond reason to act like portable apps)
platform 3: native apps (rawest performance but not portable)

what we will probably have:
platform 1: text terminal (simplicity down to circuit level: can even work over debug wires)
platform 2: static document oriented web
platform 3: web applications using an open standard runtime
platform 4: native apps (rawest performance but not portable)

my feeling about wasm: it is inevitable so at least let's make sure it gets really good debug and reverse engineering tools because if i ever use one such app, i want to know very clearly what the fuck enters and exists. especially needed is the ability to deny permission or even feed fake data so the app doesn't deny to work.

F-Freemasons?!

NO SSTAHP

Adopt brython.info/ _today_!

>brython.info/

But this is even worse.

Have you heard of our Lord and Savior, Genode? genode.org/

elaborate

> FUCKING JS SIZE
> CPython: Dynamic typed bullshit

We need a static-strong typed language with good declarative support. Not a toy language like python.

Long term, it will be hosted on WASM

def kek(yourargument : isshit)

Give me one example where dynamic typing prevented you from efficiently writing safe programs?

>inb4 speed

>PLEASE WASM SAVE US
It won't save you from the browser environment, an API defined by retards.
JS is technologically bad but so is the rest of the web stack.

All hope is lost.

Also, why is there a rotator in your picture?

>WASM

I don't understand the point of wasm

what they should do, IMO, is increase the catalogue of higher order functions in the ECMA spec, and have browsers implement them properly.

WASM is 10 steps backwards in the evolution of the personal computer, IMO.

Why can't we just use native applications? Why does everything run on top of web browser?

Because retards are the majority.

why not?

like 10 years ago (actually still) most programs were run in the JVM. why not run it in a browser?

It's much more democratic than the JVM, and as such also much more secure.

On top of the obvious portability and the sandbox nature, I don't see any argument for native applications, really, other than "the technology to do x in the browser isn't there yet"

Obviously data management tools, and tools that deal with sensitive data need to be native, but the majority of what people use computers for, should be doable in the browser.

The browser now kinda provides:
- VM 'running' Javascript
- UI toolkit in HTML/CSS
- Storage in the form of localstorage/cookies
- Great interaction with server side information (async requests/websockets)

All of it works more or less platform independent, and just well enough for most users/use cases.
It's what Java wanted to be, but kind of naturally formed.

While I agree with you that it would be better I don't really see a good, native replacement coming any time soon.
After all these years we have things like Python+GTK+sqlite or whatever and theyre still crap on most aspects

compiled web pages will surly save the web

r-right?

because dev costs would go through the roof now that they legitimately need to staff people who are experts in each 'native' platform

Because humanity has been too retarded to adopt secure operating systems. As long as this is true, the inner platform effect of the web will continue.

All major operating system are monolithic cancer. Repeat after me
>TRUSTED
>COMPUTING
>BASE