I'm poor and I think gaming pc's are expensive. Paying $3000 to play with 3D characters I think is ridiculous...

I'm poor and I think gaming pc's are expensive. Paying $3000 to play with 3D characters I think is ridiculous. Not even mentioning the each game tile you have to buy separately which can costs $60 each.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6d8LNtk8OR8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

okay

Great blog post sport, definitely subscribed.

My issue is I derive less than half the pleasure from them as I could when I was in my late teens and early 20s. It's like outgrowing toys, it just took longer. So if I play a game I'll like it but I'll be thinking about all the other healthier, more social, or more productive ways to spend time.

nice, hope you live a good life.

>paying 3000$ for the computer
>paying 60$ for the game
kek, retard

This is a good point.
Since the last year, also because of the much less time I have because of having a job, I can't enjoy games anymore because I can't shut down the nagging feeling that my time is scarce and I should be spending it better improving myself or reading a good book or some better shit.
It's miserable.
I miss the neet life.

i guess you just have to take a mini loan to finance your gaeming computer, i heard 1080 Ti is the shit and anything below Intel i7 is a piece of cancer

OK. This isn't your fucking blog dipshit.

Wow op, this is such an interesting blog, please continue

Well I mean user I bought CS:GO for under 10 bucks last christmas and my medium-gaming rig cost me 150€ + my gpu 125€ altho I could have done better on the gpu even.

So. Also my CRT was 20 bucks. But yeah, if you want op pic related or a virtual reality experience then get ready to weigh the wallet

>$3000
what the fuck are you buying? Don't buy memes like led-lit everything, water cooling, "gaming xtreme over9000" shit, aerodynamic ram, or cases with glass

I just built my own gaming desktop a month or 2 ago for 1000 euros (euros are worth more than dollars but everything in europe is expensive as shit compared to the prices you burger people get for the same thing) with very modest, bland hardware (function over form, bitches), and it runs witcher 3 1080@60 with everything maxed. You're doing it wrong if it costs you 3000.

I become a mere casual consolefag in my old age. Good enough desu, I just want to fuck around on the couch for a bit sometimes.

just get a ps4pro

Games are a hobby and honestly if you "grow out of it" then it's probably because you're tired of playing it all the time. It's really hard to describe it but I think people as adults who still like gaming just accept that there are other things in life and not just focus on gaymen all the time. Plus socializing with friends through games is always fun and relieves a connection with others. I took a break from gaming for two years since I had other stuff to do, now with those things taken care of I play every once in a while and feel like myself when I was younger.
It's quite captivating really how our minds perceive life and what we can do in it.

is that way if you wanted to be a platform warring faggot.

Build a PC for $800 or so, buy games on sale (sales on Steam and Humble or usually far better and larger than sales on other platforms). No need for a subscription to PSN/XBox Live for multiplayer, so it's even cheaper.

>I'm poor and i think cars are expensive
go and use a bike you retard

I pirate the games :^)

Yeah. More options + less time + loftier priorities = less enjoyment derived from any given game.
As my INT grows, I also get attracted to more complex, niche games which require too much cognitive overhead to play as casually as stuff like CoD.
I still NEED to play games to unwind, but, while I'm doing it, I quickly feel like I'd rather be programming. Pogrammen never stops. It can't stop, or you won't grow (or, worse, atrophy).

>taking up a loan to buy a computer
That is the dumbest shit I have heard. That is the utmost consumerist degeneracy I can imagine.

I don't know who is feeding you lies.

You only need a quad core chip and maybe a 1060 to get started.

I've seen people game on i3's before.

Now if you want to go total poorfag tier buy a used/refurbish workstation then throw in a graphics card.

>reddit spacing
you know where this is going right

This. I can't relate though because I only do balls out patrician builds with $1,000 CPUs and consider anything less than the current flagship card garbage.
My PC is 7 years old. It has its original mobo and CPU. It's a 6 core @ 4 GHz. Future proof'd has become present-proof.

But I'm a r/patientgamer OP

Gaming pcs and gayming isn't expensive because of couple bucks it costs. It's costing your time, so at least your poorfaggotry will save you from starring at a screen like a vegetable.

Which games you play require "more cognite overhead"?

Probably strategy games

Nice blog.

All you need is a quad core and a GTX 1060 to get the most out of gaming.

where do I upvote

Overwatch, PUBG, various online chess games.

k :^)

>$3000 for a PC
$450 is enough to build a more than capable PC: youtu.be/6d8LNtk8OR8

even with our current shit memory and GPU prices

Dw--
no, Dwarf Fortress, KSP, Aurora 4X, DW, Screeps, autist shit like that.