/nrg/ - Nyaa Replacement General

This thread is for the discussion of NyaaPantsu (pantsu.cat), a free (FOSS) torrent indexer, and other nyaa alternatives.
The aim of this project is to write a fully featured nyaa.se replacement in golang that anyone will be able to deploy locally or remotely.

FAQ
>pastebin.com/Gq9MrJN5

Links
>pastebin.com/40aFT7CN

>Why is Pantsu down/error 502?
Most likely because the team is deploying changes. Wait for a bit and refresh the page. It should be mostly stable now.

Latest news
>Upload page made user-friendly

General updates on the site
>J-List ads
>Classic theme in development

Planned improvements
>Improve scrapers to scrape more sites
>Move db dumps to just nginx to prevent any issues/corruption
>Add in the nyaa.si and anidex scrapers into the main program

Dev live server:
>dev.pantsu.cat

Database dumps:
>nyaa.pantsu.cat/dbdumps

Local Client:
>An user made a local client in case the online sources are down: instructions and download at
>nyanner.net
qBittorrent plugin for Pantsu.
>github.com/4chenz/pantsu-plugin
NyaaPantsu android app
>github.com/NyaaPantsu/NyaaPantsu-android-app/releases

Development roadmap:
>github.com/NyaaPantsu/nyaa/projects/2

NyaaPantsu Status:
>status.pantsu.cat
>Copyrighters wall of shame
transparency.pantsu.cat

Development and discussion channel:
>github.com/NyaaPantsu/nyaa
>#nyaapantsu / #nyaapantsu-dev on Rizon
>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

duckduckgo.com/?q=nyaa&t=h_&ia=web
search.yahoo.com/search?p=nyaa&fr=yfp-t&fp=1&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8
bing.com/search?q=nyaa&qs=n&form=QBLH&sp=-1&pq=nyaa&sc=0-0&sk=&cvid=86C470F6BB4546898F0D57877F818AC9
twitter.com/Swaps4/status/916193472276811776
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i use nyaapantsu because it has a cute name and cute appearance

More moderation when?

Soon

>ewhal dead
>Miao dead
>Akuma dead

It's over, isn't it?

What happened to the Jlist ads?

J-List was getting threatened by lawsuits from japanese companies, we could either:
- Remove pantsu completely from google (bad, we show up at third place on sukebei search when sukebei.nyaa.si doens't even show up, we need traffic growth)
- Remove recent torrents from main page, e.g. moving the main page to an url like /recent and have the main one just have a search input like TPB or google
- Ditch J-List

in the end they ditched us

That turned out great.
Good job to who thought that j-list was a good idea.

But how is Miao supposed to pay for his living expen- I mean, cover server cost and all that?

a-ads and weebshop should get some money, the rest i don't know

I was waiting for this thread to show up.

I tried to search for a ton of old anime from the 80s and 90s earlier, is it all dead? I know the old nyaa had a lot but the new site is missing a LOT.

The current DB should have everything from old nyaa minus a year of jav, and maybe some things here and there. If a torrent is dead, it's likely because you either don't have DHT enabled, or the seeders didn't have DHT enabled. causing there to be no seeds anymore.

Well nothing showed up in the search for a ton of old stuff, e.g. 964 Pinocchio, so it could be that it was never on nyaa in the first place, so I looked on other sites, and thankfully some were still on other sites.

Link?

torrentz2 eu, just search 964 Pinocchio

Pantsu is more findable in search engines other than Google at least

duckduckgo.com/?q=nyaa&t=h_&ia=web
search.yahoo.com/search?p=nyaa&fr=yfp-t&fp=1&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8
bing.com/search?q=nyaa&qs=n&form=QBLH&sp=-1&pq=nyaa&sc=0-0&sk=&cvid=86C470F6BB4546898F0D57877F818AC9

Some progress on on-demand scraping, i pretty much nailed the stat fetching part (which will allow you to go on any torrent that doesn't have stat and show seconds-old stats instantly), i just need to send that to the DB now to avoid fetching stats at a massive rate and browsing old torrents should be much better

Nice.

Pantsu doesn't even show up anymore when searching for nyaa or pantsu on google for me, the result has been deleted and can only be found when searching the two terms.
However for sukebei it's the opposite, pantsu is first and .si has been deleted.

This is likely just google cracking down on piracy. It's likely that all the nyaa results will be gone if they really are deleted. probably even HS site desu.

Good job Kilo.

Bump

>google

Nyanpassu

How many people use the site daily?

According to an unreliable source it's around 95k visitors, it used to be 150k back in may, in comparison .si is around 240k.

It's the same with the encrypted search, I was only comparing the results with the other search engines.

I never thought I'd have to post on Sup Forums ever again, let alone make a trip to confirm my identity.

Hey there, I'm Swaps4. The Brand Manager behind J-List. While it's true Japanese companies were contacting us, we weren’t threatened with lawsuits. Please don't spread false information.

They contacted us with a bunch of links saying ‘copyright’ and wanted us to take care of it.

Also, we decided to not work with the domain at hand because the traffic was worth shit all. There was no return on investment, we aren't a charity and we don't give out money.

All the best.

>Also, we decided to not work with the domain at hand because the traffic was worth shit all. There was no return on investment, we aren't a charity and we don't give out money.
Oh god help, my sides are in another universe

>twitter.com/Swaps4/status/916193472276811776

Wew.

rip nyaapantsu

>the traffic was worth shit all. There was no return on investment
A certain someone said 85k daily visitors, i wonder how much money Miao keeps quietly to himself...

Visits don't equate to sales, especially for the sponsoring company, like, say, jlist. Basically it just means you might have visits, but none of you buy shit, so you are worthless as visits.

I'm not going to confirm the traffic amount, while it's high, it's from countries that aren't high value for a company like us. Also the engagement with our ads wasn't good, which is another reason as to why we didn't bother.

They would have more success if they went with shitware ads, popups, popunders, etc.

you used to be on of the good guys back in the 1eden days swaps, when did you sell out and become a shill for an ad network?

Who's this? I remember the people from 1eden but I was never part of it, just close friends with some.

Also, ad network? J-List isn't an ad network....

Sorry, I guess I just never thought I'd see you working for the other side of the fence.

Not sure what you mean by other side of the fence, but OK.

You're working for BIG ANIME!

Will you be a regular shitposter from now on too?

he's a paid shill for big ANIME, he's posting as damage control

Man, I get scattered brain too much so it's hard for me to do that. It's my first time browsing Sup Forums in a while, we used to run ads on here until a while back.

I wouldn't call this damage control, well, I guess you could consider me calling out people bullshitting to y'all it?

well are you at least getting paid?

In boxes of pocky maybe

This is paid shit posting, correct.

Nyaapantsu wished we paid them that.

Pantsu is dead.

nyaa.si won. Why are these threads even posted still?

It's over!

kys pantsutards.

boards when

because si isn't allowed to win

They've already won.

Alright the on-demand stat fetching is done

white and based

You've made sure it doesn't break the entire stat scraper right?

No reason it should, it's literally just adding an entry in the Scrape table
though right now i encountered a slight problem that will delay the PR a bit:
if i try to just update the stats when the entry doesn't exist, it gives an error
if i try to create the entry when the entry already exists, it also gives an error

Now it still works perfectly well but it still gives panic errors so i need to check if the entry exists before updating / creating

Pantsu is my favourite unmoderated malware host.

> No reason it should
That's how it starts.

no

you lost because your development team is not as diverse as .si

I want to lewd the J-List mascot, is this wrong?

Fuck off with your shitty threads already. You should work on nyaa.si instead since they are the official nyaa replacement and literally no one uses your shitty broke site that doesn't even work half the time.

This. It's a common knowledge that racists are just dumb in general.
>You should work on nyaa.si instead
To turn it to shit, too? No, thanks.

alright i fixed the errors

Post image of what it looks like.

>Scrapes stat when page is opened
Is there a minimum time in between these scrapes? That could eventually get a bit much for the server. probably just 6/12 hours between each scrape

It only scrapes torrent with unknown stats

Fair enough.

I plan on making it scrapes torrents with actual stats too, as long as said stats were fetched 2 months ago or more
That should give both quite accurate stats and help avoiding putting too much load on the server

I'm out of the loop, what happened to Nyaa? No information in OP about the reason for its closure.

Likely nyaa (the person) got paranoid about a piracy court ruling about streaming sites. He erased everything including the backups he kept.

Some EU laws passed that allowed people that contributed toward piracy such as website owners of said piracy websites to go to jail for a long time, so nyaa (the guy that owned nyaa) pussied out and closed the servers

Stop spreading false information.
Nobody knows why Nyaa decided to pull the plug on Nyaaytorrents.

I said likely m8.

Thanks. There should probably be a lower one for torrents with 0/0/0 though, since a few torrents i've seen have 0/0/0 but many seeders.

wow that really fucks with my ocd about things being lost forever. I see there are atempts for a new nyaa, but will the database be replicated fully or are there just things that are gone for good? I imagine there has had to been a way to get everything back? scrapers? wayback machine? google? idk

please tell me it will not be gone ;_;

about 1 year of jav and possibly a few bits here and there are gone. The jav was all likely dead anyway since they never get seeded.

Torrents are still there, but the original Nyaa tracker is gone so what few seeds some of those torrents may have had are likely gone unless those seeders had DHT enabled in their client.

user you are quite late, the whole thing is 5 months old at this point, a database was recovered and is not missing much (about a year of JAV & probably a very few other torrents)

Is this issue showing up for anyone else?

Yes, quadrupled comments is there on every old torrents

old comments are duplicated x4. Ewhal still hasn't fixed it because he sait he would have to turn the server off for a while to do it.

akuma will hate it

>[17:48] Kiloutre pushed 1 new commits to small-change
>[17:48] (ffed453) temporary workaround to hide quadrupled comments
Based and white.

you already posted this

C&P added a 11 before the Rotini name, so i thought I might as well fix it. Not like this thread will reach the bump limit though.

Just fetched this vector on Sup Forums
I think it would do great for a halloween theme

She has a face, so no it won't.

use a shinobu vector for halloween

It can very easily be removed user

>Not Renge with a witch hat

I think it would be great to break some more stuff for the halloween.

why should I use pantsu instead of si?

More content. more search features. etc.

More content because pantsu gets both it's own content, content from anidex.info and nyaa.si
Vastly better search options
A dark theme that doesn't look like ass
You can make it look like pic related
Developement isn't dead