Tell me about your Fry's Electronics Sup Forums

Tell me about your Fry's Electronics Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

mercurynews.com/2011/12/08/ex-frys-exec-to-serve-6-years-for-kickback-scheme/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The one in Fremont is shite filled with smelly PAJEETS.

I'm glad I live in SoCal now, at least Mexicans shower properly

who /fountainvalley/ here?

I like the idea behind the Vegas one, it's a giant slot machine, but I feel like the execution is lacking.

Arlington, Texas. It's pretty piss-poor compared to even five years ago, but it's a third as far away as my closest MicroCenter, so I deal with it.

Sales staff is mostly Nigerian, with quite a few Arabs and a handful of Asians as well.

The one in north phoenix, arizona is pretty cool

There's also one near Mesa but its lackin' theme.

theres a cafe inside that only the employees eat and drink at
Our frys electronics here in phoenix price matches anywhere
ive even created a fake ad in photoshop to get a lower price and they still took it

Give it back, Tyrone.

it's iss themed.

idk if it's Fry's but the computer store in Palo Alto is western themed, and has so much cool shit.

My local Microcenter is a messy bland uninspired shit hole (but I love it none the less).

BH in NYC is so fuckin massive, I love it. Easy to get lost there.

Growing up, Maine had shit for big stores, just radio shacks (but thankfully, in my day Radioshack actually had good shit).

Great pics, memory lane

haha yup

The Tempe store is 'Golf' themed. Yes it's that bad.

i love how most height-level aisle have some form of decoration on them

like this? so good

in the OP's one theres a bigass kraken in the PC area and on the aisles its got big ants attacking electrical towers

the alice in wonderland one is less appealing to me but is much more enjoyable in a group

Are these stores slowly dying due to amazon and other e-retailers?

yes, amazon is already a monopoly

Likely but they also carry shit that i can see in person and know for a fact if i want it instead of buying it and biting a bullet and sending it back for the shit i actually need.

it has a much more informed feel

it's also handy for getting small components like caps and resistors, same day.

radio shack doesn't do that shit anymore.

The one in Wilsonville, OR has the worst customer service I have ever witnessed. The staff is snobbish, unwilling to help, and will upsell you trash. The only nice people there are the ones running the registers or at the little cafe they have.

Their stock is excellent, mind you, but don't go there if you don't already know what you want.

but what is the theme.

This. There's only like 1 frys without a theme and it blows

its been a while since i went there, i remember there's a darth vader in the back next to the cafe and i was always scared to go near it when i was a kid. Overall, place is good has a good theme

Remember to optimize your images next time user.

¿qué?

My Phoenix bros. NPHX Fry's is better but neighborhood sucks.

literally a generic big box store
only really go there to make sure I get NIB hard drives that I don't have to ship to return, and to look at monitors.

I have a MicroCenter. It's cool. Feels like an old computer store, just bigger.

Are you even trying?

me!

are you?

nigger that's not an employees only cafe

Someone post the Fry's with the tesla coil inside

that's in fremont ca, my store

Is this the one in Downer's Grove?

renton,wa

>

Seconding the staff being snobbish. There was a trackball in a torn box with an older design so I asked one of the staff if it had an openbox discount but the guy told me it wasn't in a condescending voice like I had wasted his time. He of course had much better things to do like standing around one of the staff stations chatting with other employees. Also Wilsonville one doesn't have much of a theme, I think it's supposed to be a movie theater theme but there's not much evidence of it. It is super convienent if you know what you want though.

Mah nigga
I live about 4 minutes from it

Forgot image

>mfw a fry's executive embezzled $65mm and no one even noticed

that's how good their margins were back then. nowadays, you walk into fry's and it's a fucking ghost town

mercurynews.com/2011/12/08/ex-frys-exec-to-serve-6-years-for-kickback-scheme/

I go to this one all the time. Love the online price matching.

Wasn't that the guy responsible for getting Airlink101 banished from Fry's? I loved their stuff. Dirt cheap and worked great.

Never been there, the nearest one is around an 8 hour round trip

Ripped me off before on a GPU.
It was in a wired security thingy, and I didnt realize until it was too late - the box had already been opened.
Nothing was missing, and the card runs perfectly fine. But the warranty sticker was marked out, and I couldn't return it because the "box was already opened" and now the manufacturer's warranty could be invalidated. Not that it was defective; I had no reason to return it. But man it pisses me off to no end.

Its north of downtown Houston, off I-45.

He never said it was.

How the one in Melbourne, Florida? I might be moving there soon.

I grew up there and thought that too. It was so exciting to be a high school geek when it was brand new.

that one is closer, but always end up at the alice in wonderland one because I'm a public transit pleb.
last thing i got there was a 1070.

Used to live very close to this store. Lots of comfy memories like building a couple PCs from there.

Fun facts:
>This store has a large sign next to the freeway, despite being a block away. Best Buy decided to build their new store directly adjacent to this Fry's sign.

>The TV show Mr. Robot featured this very store, although instead of shooting on site they CG'ed the temple facade onto a building in New York.

Someday I'll check out the Seattle store, but it's way across town.

Ive had baaaaad experiences at the Fremont one so I just either drive to the Sacramento or Roseville ones, at least they have whities

Somehow they're not out of business in Willsonville Oregon. Bestbuy has most of the same shit, but price matching at best buy doesn't take an hour like it does at Frys. Only reason I used to make the drive there was for obscure connectors and/or boredom.